Honolulu to become Sanctuary City (Read 510 times)

dafrtknocker

Honolulu to become Sanctuary City
« on: June 11, 2019, 06:53:12 PM »
More good news, from our Great Leaders!

City Council Considers Measure To Make Honolulu A ‘Sanctuary City’

https://www.civilbeat.org/2019/06/city-council-considers-measure-to-make-honolulu-a-sanctuary-city/

Mdotweber

Re: Honolulu to become Sanctuary City
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 08:40:35 PM »
Well hell, seceding from Honolulu county sounds better than it did this morning. Central Oahu has some infrastructure in place, we could possibly do the same. Central Oahu also has a strong concentration of firearms owners as well maybe ultimately becoming a 2A sanctuary county (a guy can dream) the virtue signaling from our selfish tone deaf leftist leaders is getting old.
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

ren

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 08:54:56 PM »
OMG!!!. That sooo makes sense!  ;D :love:
Because we like have soo much land and aloha to spread around; especially to people who defied our American laws  :thumbsup:
We would give them free healthcare too! All you hardworking people of Hawaii can afford to give a little bit of your money to help those who came here illegally. I mean, honestly, you guys paid for this beautiful rail! What's a few million to give to these poor illegal immigrants. Look at our big brother State Cali: https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/leslie-marshall-california-is-right-to-give-illegal-immigrants-health-insurance
Who would've imagined the irony of a lawmaker passing a declaration to enable law breakers :thumbsup: good job!
Let's welcome and not harass ISIS or AQ operatives after all, that's a Federal problem! I mean like for real, those people who crashed those planes into those tower was sooo like decades ago and was soo on the other side of the country. My BFF on Instagram said that we shouldn't be like Islamophobic or Muslimophobic or something like that...but yeah. Aloha to those people that I saw in the movie 300.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 09:01:16 AM by ren »

changemyoil66

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
Read the comments on SSH and the poll.  About 99% do not support it.  SSH is doing the poll and will forward the results to Kobayashi and the other rep who proposed it.  HB31 IIRC is the bill #.

groveler

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:23:30 AM »
Just look at Los Angeles and the homeless problem.
That is what happens when a single party runs the state.
If you want to be CaliFornicated go for it.
I really don't care about you on Oahu or your lives.
In fact had you been nuked during the last scare
my life would be much better!

changemyoil66

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 09:49:29 AM »
Just look at Los Angeles and the homeless problem.
That is what happens when a single party runs the state.
If you want to be CaliFornicated go for it.
I really don't care about you on Oahu or your lives.
In fact had you been nuked during the last scare
my life would be much better!

The sad part is most Hawaii people don't see the problem and will vote for anyone who opposes Trump and his type of policies.  I understand that old ladies vote based on name, but their kids and everyone else can do research and should be able to see where the problem lies, my father included.  But my mom is on the Trump train recently.  I don't expect a grandma/grandpa to use google or other medias to get info.

And even those in SF, Seattle, etc... don't want to change their voting habits.  Instead they're moving to other states and then vote the same way.  The DNC is a plague.  The top 10 cities in poverty are all DNC controlled.  That's not a coincidence.

Look at what Trump did with Mexico, all the fake news said it wouldn't work.  6 days later, Mexico sends troops to their border.  Then the DNC/fake news calls it a coincidence and not his doing.

groveler

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »
The sad part is most Hawaii people don't see the problem and will vote for anyone who opposes Trump and his type of policies.  I understand that old ladies vote based on name, but their kids and everyone else can do research and should be able to see where the problem lies, my father included.  But my mom is on the Trump train recently.  I don't expect a grandma/grandpa to use google or other medias to get info.

And even those in SF, Seattle, etc... don't want to change their voting habits.  Instead they're moving to other states and then vote the same way.  The DNC is a plague.  The top 10 cities in poverty are all DNC controlled.  That's not a coincidence.

Look at what Trump did with Mexico, all the fake news said it wouldn't work.  6 days later, Mexico sends troops to their border.  Then the DNC/fake news calls it a coincidence and not his doing.
Personally, I think the problem is most Hawaii citizens don't vote.
It is a real pain in the butt to give testimony in person if you are a
working person.
When you do show up it is like 1-2 hours before you get
to speak, unless you know the rules.
Like jury duty, it becomes something to avoid at all costs.

oldfart

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 11:09:38 AM »
Well hell, seceding from Honolulu county sounds better than it did this morning. Central Oahu has some infrastructure in place, we could possibly do the same. Central Oahu also has a strong concentration of firearms owners as well maybe ultimately becoming a 2A sanctuary county (a guy can dream) the virtue signaling from our selfish tone deaf leftist leaders is getting old.
Yup :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

6716J

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

ren

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 04:13:12 PM »
makes more sense now because the judges here have a heart for criminals over law abiding citizens.
https://www.kitv.com/story/40629070/update-drunk-driver-convicted-of-hit-and-run-gets-probation-after-killing-moped-driver

punaperson

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 05:45:08 PM »
makes more sense now because the judges here have a heart for criminals over law abiding citizens.
https://www.kitv.com/story/40629070/update-drunk-driver-convicted-of-hit-and-run-gets-probation-after-killing-moped-driver
Yeah, well next time he drunkenly kills someone via another hit-and-run the Hawaii justice system will really crack down on him... make him wear a GPS anklet for the 30 days of confinement before he goes free again.  :crazy:

Mdotweber

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2019, 07:56:09 AM »
Thank you to all who voiced their opinions on this subject, looks like its not going foward.  :thumbsup: Im glad the city counsel listened to their constituency, pulling a stunt like this to spite the POTUS is not worth the consequences.
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

changemyoil66

« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 09:17:29 AM »
, pulling a stunt like this to spite the POTUS is not worth the consequences.

To bad the DNC doesn't look at it this way.  Neither reps are in my district so I had no say in their elections.