Does Koko head range work on 4th of July? (Read 2797 times)

wildletticehigh

Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:30:27 PM »
I want to come to the range on this holiday and was wondering if anyone knows if it will be open from 8 am to 4 pm like it used to in the past.

macsak

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 08:40:38 PM »
I want to come to the range on this holiday and was wondering if anyone knows if it will be open from 8 am to 4 pm like it used to in the past.

yes
LET FREEDOM RING!

oldfart

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:36:50 PM »
I want to come to the range on this holiday and was wondering if anyone knows if it will be open from 8 am to 4 pm like it used to in the past.
....
Welcome....here is the range website

Khsc.info
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 07:08:12 AM »
I might go after I help install an AC unit which I am told, "will only take 30 minutes"
yeah right.  famous last words   :grrr:

changemyoil66

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 09:28:26 AM »
 My friend is picking up his first handgun on the 3rd.  So on the 4th  we might go to 808 gun club so he can see his POI/POA for 3, 5,7 and 15 yards.  But if he no like spend the money, we might end up at KHSC on the 4th.

FYI 808 GC is $26 for 50rds 9mm.  Plus a range fee, I didn't ask but it's prob $15-$20.

oldfart

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
My friend is picking up his first handgun on the 3rd.  So on the 4th  we might go to 808 gun club so he can see his POI/POA for 3, 5,7 and 15 yards.  But if he no like spend the money, we might end up at KHSC on the 4th.

FYI 808 GC is $26 for 50rds 9mm.  Plus a range fee, I didn't ask but it's prob $15-$20.
===========
 better to vet a pistol at 25 yards
 distance exposes problems
 
 I checked out a new pistol on Saturday and the owner was surprised to see how far off the sights were at 25 yards.
 Previously he only shot it at close range indoors
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »
===========
 better to vet a pistol at 25 yards
 distance exposes problems
 
 I checked out a new pistol on Saturday and the owner was surprised to see how far off the sights were at 25 yards.
 Previously he only shot it at close range indoors

Maybe we will do both.  He is brand new and 25 might be to far for him.  Or I can do the 25 for him, but with his ammo. :rofl:

oldfart

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 10:29:03 AM »
Maybe we will do both.  He is brand new and 25 might be to far for him.  Or I can do the 25 for him, but with his ammo. :rofl:
==========
 It's too far for me too. When testing at 25, I use a rest.
 Too bad I gotta work that day. I give free marksmanship coaching.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

Re: Does Koko head range work on 4th of July?
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 03:15:50 PM »
Gotta take care of some family stuff in the morning, but an afternoon range session on 4th of July sounds great!  I have an AK need to zero optic after recent change as well as other guns like the 1903 that my dad left me.   :thumbsup: