El Paso Walmart Shooting (Read 7169 times)

oldfart

El Paso Walmart Shooting
« on: August 03, 2019, 11:23:06 AM »
Looks like another one.
I'm glad our state prohibits people from shooting other people.
What, Me Worry?

groveler

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2019, 11:51:39 AM »
My wife brought this up to me.
She said I thought everybody in Texas carried guns, why didn't someone
stop him?"
I pointed out to her that in reality even if they can most people
won't carry guns. Very contrary to what liberals sell the public
about "blood baths"
I had a CCW license in King County, ( Seattle) WA state for many years.
out of millions of people maybe 5% of us had those licenses
in a "Shall issue" state.
It is not the law abiding people, we need to worry about.
it is the criminals.
Yet the instinct of Democrats is to punish law abiding citizens
in the hopes it will stop criminal activity.
Nobody ever could argue that Democrats are sane.
Just that they are the majority.

changemyoil66

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 01:16:55 PM »
Mall is a gun free zone and might have the weight of the law behind it. Compared to vegas, which doesnt. Would explain paetially why no one was armed. Also that mall has a high Mexican immigrant population.

FF. Seen vid of people calmly walking and even 1 person looking at the camera like shes waiting for a cue. People standing around bodies in the parking lot. Not 1 person turned the bodies over to see if alive or not. Like waiting for a cue to do so.

Manefesto posted on 8chan and immedatlly linked to the shooter. Even b4 PD IDed him.

Blames mexicans for problems. Hatered predates Trump. Hates DNC cause they tailor to mexicans. Hates GOP cause theyre pro-corporation which means pro-immigration for more workers. Hates interacials due to not knowing which side to ID as. Praises NZ shooter. Manifesto being deleted online.

Inteeviews on local news, multiple people said 3-4 guys dressed in black shooting.

#everythingistinfoil

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 01:22:30 PM »
My wife brought this up to me.
She said I thought everybody in Texas carried guns, why didn't someone
stop him?"
I pointed out to her that in reality even if they can most people
won't carry guns. Very contrary to what liberals sell the public
about "blood baths"
I had a CCW license in King County, ( Seattle) WA state for many years.
out of millions of people maybe 5% of us had those licenses
in a "Shall issue" state.
It is not the law abiding people, we need to worry about.
it is the criminals.
Yet the instinct of Democrats is to punish law abiding citizens
in the hopes it will stop criminal activity.
Nobody ever could argue that Democrats are sane.
Just that they are the majority.

A few decades ago, the biggest question you had to answer when deciding to carry/own a firearm was, "Am I willing to pull the trigger knowing I could be responsible for taking a human life?"

Now, thanks to the anti-gun laws engulfing the justice system. the biggest question has become, "Is it really worth carrying/owning a  gun knowing that as soon as I use it for self defense, I'll be arrested and treated as the criminal?  Maybe I should avoid all of that and just depend on the state to keep my family and me safe."
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 03:32:03 PM »
Mall is a gun free zone and might have the weight of the law behind it. Compared to vegas, which doesnt. Would explain paetially why no one was armed. Also that mall has a high Mexican immigrant population.

FF. Seen vid of people calmly walking and even 1 person looking at the camera like shes waiting for a cue. People standing around bodies in the parking lot. Not 1 person turned the bodies over to see if alive or not. Like waiting for a cue to do so.

Manefesto posted on 8chan and immedatlly linked to the shooter. Even b4 PD IDed him.

Blames mexicans for problems. Hatered predates Trump. Hates DNC cause they tailor to mexicans. Hates GOP cause theyre pro-corporation which means pro-immigration for more workers. Hates interacials due to not knowing which side to ID as. Praises NZ shooter. Manifesto being deleted online.

Inteeviews on local news, multiple people said 3-4 guys dressed in black shooting.

#everythingistinfoil

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

#noteverythingisafalseflag

punaperson

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2019, 03:42:00 PM »
Claimed 4-page manifesto is here:

https://media.8ch.net/file_store/7e1363f7757dbaa81b0be29cedfb854dbdd7c3559b1c5afa0e15d63402d39934.pdf

Anti-corporate (who he blames for illegal immigration, environmental destruction, etc.). One paragraph:

My ideology has not changed for several years. My opinions on automation, immigration, and the rest
predate Trump and his campaign for president. I putting this here because some people will blame the
President or certain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I know that the media
will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blame Trump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous
for fake news. Their reaction to this attack will likely just confirm that.

robtmc

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »
Gee, what great timing, in the middle of democrat debates................

punaperson

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2019, 03:44:53 PM »
Gee, what great timing, in the middle of democrat debates................
They ALL have already called for bans on "assault weapons"... to escalate they're going to have to go to bans on "semi-automatic weapons" (like New Zealand).

groveler

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2019, 04:16:05 PM »
A few decades ago, the biggest question you had to answer when deciding to carry/own a firearm was, "Am I willing to pull the trigger knowing I could be responsible for taking a human life?"

Now, thanks to the anti-gun laws engulfing the justice system. the biggest question has become, "Is it really worth carrying/owning a  gun knowing that as soon as I use it for self defense, I'll be arrested and treated as the criminal?  Maybe I should avoid all of that and just depend on the state to keep my family and me safe."
Excellent comment!
You understand.
I'm still going to apply for a concealed carry permit this year and have the
Donkey Butplug  cop refuse it for the same BS reason.




changemyoil66

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2019, 05:16:27 PM »
Gee, what great timing, in the middle of democrat debates................
#noteverythingisafalseflag

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mdotweber

"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

eyeeatingfish

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2019, 08:23:36 PM »
My wife brought this up to me.
She said I thought everybody in Texas carried guns, why didn't someone
stop him?"
I pointed out to her that in reality even if they can most people
won't carry guns. Very contrary to what liberals sell the public
about "blood baths"
I had a CCW license in King County, ( Seattle) WA state for many years.
out of millions of people maybe 5% of us had those licenses
in a "Shall issue" state.
It is not the law abiding people, we need to worry about.
it is the criminals.
Yet the instinct of Democrats is to punish law abiding citizens
in the hopes it will stop criminal activity.
Nobody ever could argue that Democrats are sane.
Just that they are the majority.

Thats one of the reasons we can't treat CCW as the solution to active shooter incidents.

changemyoil66

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2019, 09:34:02 PM »
Thats one of the reasons we can't treat CCW as the solution to active shooter incidents.
If we do what israel does, thats 1 solution. They havent had an active shooter in long time. Bombing on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

eyeeatingfish

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2019, 09:47:27 PM »
If we do what israel does, thats 1 solution. They havent had an active shooter in long time. Bombing on the other hand...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had seen that argument made before and I made it myself, pointing to photos with teachers armed with guns. Someone recently told me that those were only for settlements in the west bank, not the rest of Israel. I haven't found out whether regular civilians all over Israel can CCW.

changemyoil66

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2019, 09:52:42 PM »
I have no problem with this. Giddidy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flapp_Jackson

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 12:00:02 AM »
I had seen that argument made before and I made it myself, pointing to photos with teachers armed with guns. Someone recently told me that those were only for settlements in the west bank, not the rest of Israel. I haven't found out whether regular civilians all over Israel can CCW.

Those are details. Results are what matter.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

zippz

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 12:48:14 AM »
Read a post explaining why CCW didn't save the day.  El Paso is on the Mexican border so Mexicans are legally allowed to cross the border to shop, visit family, etc.  So lots of Mexicans in Walmart.  Also one of the lowest income cities and very liberal

punaperson

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 07:10:39 AM »
Read a post explaining why CCW didn't save the day.  El Paso is on the Mexican border so Mexicans are legally allowed to cross the border to shop, visit family, etc.  So lots of Mexicans in Walmart.  Also one of the lowest income cities and very liberal
The Mexican government is saying they might try to extradite the murderer because he killed Mexican citizens. The irony.

Rocky

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 07:48:59 AM »

Quote from: groveler on August 03, 2019, 11:51:39 AM

    Yet the instinct of Democrats is to punish law abiding citizens
    in the hopes it will stop criminal activity.


Thats one of the reasons we can't treat CCW as the solution to active shooter incidents.
:wtf:
That is not a reason  " we can't treat  CCW as the solution to active shooter incidents".
CCW response is exactly what is required to prevent mass casualty's.
Mindset has to change and a CCW respond-er  need's to be exonerated if shooting is justified.
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bota-CS1

Re: El Paso Walmart Shooting
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 07:49:27 AM »
Read a post explaining why CCW didn't save the day.  El Paso is on the Mexican border so Mexicans are legally allowed to cross the border to shop, visit family, etc.  So lots of Mexicans in Walmart.  Also one of the lowest income cities and very liberal

El Paso’s Mayor is a Republican, and the Walmart was a gun free zone according to Fox News.   There were CCW individuals in the general area who did not engage the shooter.  One I particular was active duty Army and was in the adjacent shopping complex when the shooting started.  Pfc. Glendon Oakley stated his first reaction was to grab as many oarentless/lost kids as he could and get them out of danger.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.