best burger- discuss (Read 8764 times)

macsak

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2019, 10:39:59 AM »
Two in the morning, got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp

Today I didn't even have to use my HK
I got to say it was a good day

macsak

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2019, 10:40:57 AM »
Habit burger

oh, I had Habit in September
it was pretty good
and not much more expensive than In N Out

drck1000

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 11:10:21 PM »
oh, I had Habit in September
it was pretty good
and not much more expensive than In N Out
[/quotes]
I thought you’d be a fan of Dick’s deluxe.

I liked the special. Thought there was gonna be riots when they’d shut things down right at 2 am and there were still people in line.

macsak

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2019, 07:25:54 AM »
I thought you’d be a fan of Dick’s deluxe.

I liked the special. Thought there was gonna be riots when they’d shut things down right at 2 am and there were still people in line.

https://youtu.be/QElKVs56z48?t=191

stangzilla

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2019, 07:37:59 AM »
I work in Mapunapuna and used to go to the Teddys at 99 Ranch until that IG video thing with the rat on the grill
then they closed bc of that.  now its a different burger place but business is really slow.  I guess social media can really have an effect on your business

zippz

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2019, 09:31:48 AM »
I work in Mapunapuna and used to go to the Teddys at 99 Ranch until that IG video thing with the rat on the grill
then they closed bc of that.  now its a different burger place but business is really slow.  I guess social media can really have an effect on your business

There's a lot of bad things that go on at places you eat at, you just don't know about it.  My friend worked at Pagoda a long time ago and will never eat there cause of what he saw.  I'm sure it's good now but he got scarred for life.

It's like watching movies.  Just just enjoy the bliss while your eating and shut out reality.  And look at the green placard and assume everything is good

drck1000

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2019, 09:48:31 AM »
There's a lot of bad things that go on at places you eat at, you just don't know about it.  My friend worked at Pagoda a long time ago and will never eat there cause of what he saw.  I'm sure it's good now but he got scarred for life.

It's like watching movies.  Just just enjoy the bliss while your eating and shut out reality.  And look at the green placard and assume everything is good
If you’ve eaten at a Chinese or Korean restaurant, you’ve already been exposed to some pretty questionable sanitation conditions.

ren

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2019, 10:16:10 AM »
I work in Mapunapuna and used to go to the Teddys at 99 Ranch until that IG video thing with the rat on the grill
then they closed bc of that.  now its a different burger place but business is really slow.  I guess social media can really have an effect on your business
New place is called King's Burger. I tried their teri burger. Not the same as Teddy's - far from it. It was just sliced teri meat on cheap buns. I never went back.
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »
There's a lot of bad things that go on at places you eat at, you just don't know about it.  My friend worked at Pagoda a long time ago and will never eat there cause of what he saw.  I'm sure it's good now but he got scarred for life.

It's like watching movies.  Just just enjoy the bliss while your eating and shut out reality.  And look at the green placard and assume everything is good

IMHO, green placards are purchased..  hahhaaa

Worked in food service throughout high school and some afterwards, yes, if you think everything is ultra sanitary and lab like, you are fooling yourself big time.  Word of advice, DON'T ever eat bread pudding, unless you made it yourself.....  Lol

macsak

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2019, 11:21:35 AM »
Word of advice, DON'T ever eat bread pudding, unless you made it yourself.....  Lol

special sauce?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2019, 11:31:32 AM »
When I first started working in food service -- I think I was about 15 -- I had to have a NC State Health Department Food Service Safety certificate on file and ready to be presented to anyone who requested to see it.

The requirement no longer exists.  The state stopped offering the 4-consecutive-Saturday or -Wednesday classes and decided the businesses must train their workers.

We learned at what temps bacteria is a problem, what temps to heat or store various food at to ensure safety, proper handling of large containers of food, and so on.  I find it distressing (  :popcorn: ) that places have to post signs telling employees they are required to wash after using the restroom.   :shake:  That should not even be a "thing" if everyone is properly trained.

Given that the states now rely on inspection and evaluations to protect the public, it's no wonder some businesses will do as they please until they get caught/downgraded.

In today's lawsuit-happy climate, businesses that do that behave carelessly are stupid.  I guess they are playing the odds -- that someone who gets sick can't prove/doesn't know what caused it.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Inspector

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2019, 12:22:31 PM »
When I first started working in food service -- I think I was about 15 -- I had to have a NC State Health Department Food Service Safety certificate on file and ready to be presented to anyone who requested to see it.

The requirement no longer exists.  The state stopped offering the 4-consecutive-Saturday or -Wednesday classes and decided the businesses must train their workers.

We learned at what temps bacteria is a problem, what temps to heat or store various food at to ensure safety, proper handling of large containers of food, and so on.  I find it distressing (  :popcorn: ) that places have to post signs telling employees they are required to wash after using the restroom.   :shake:  That should not even be a "thing" if everyone is properly trained.

Given that the states now rely on inspection and evaluations to protect the public, it's no wonder some businesses will do as they please until they get caught/downgraded.

In today's lawsuit-happy climate, businesses that do that behave carelessly are stupid.  I guess they are playing the odds -- that someone who gets sick can't prove/doesn't know what caused it.
I had a friend in High School who was guilty of , and bragged about doing this at the local Jack-in-the-Box:

https://channel22news.com/man-urinates-in-pickle-container-at-restaurant/

And by the way he was never caught.....
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2019, 12:29:46 PM »
I had a friend in High School who was guilty of , and bragged about doing this at the local Jack-in-the-Box:

https://channel22news.com/man-urinates-in-pickle-container-at-restaurant/

And by the way he was never caught.....

There have been TV shows (and of course online videos) of those type of workplace "assaults" on customers and coworkers.  Peeing in the employee coffee urn, spitting or putting other gross stuff on food left out in the break rooms, and so on.

I've hoped video cameras would deter much of these criminal acts, but without legal mandates, the places that really need surveillance will be the least likely to have it.

"Muh privacy!!"
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

stangzilla

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 12:58:02 PM »
http://www.honolulumagazine.com/Honolulu-Magazine/Biting-Commentary/November-2019/5-Restaurants-To-Satisfy-Your-Craving-For-An-Old-School-Burger-on-Oahu/#.XeP1AkBFxPY

rainbow's and st. louis drive inn?
I haven't been to st louis drive in for years, I gave up on them
I still go rainbows sometimes, its an ok burger nothing special.  I always get the rainbow royal which is like a double cheeseburger deluxe