best burger- discuss (Read 8761 times)

macsak

best burger- discuss
« on: November 22, 2019, 07:53:34 AM »
https://www.frolichawaii.com/stories/22-best-burgers-oahu-foodmap?fbclid=IwAR3a-81ESJds22uRhpR005EhMefuZC9fPiO1pVxLD1ojNNOkgBJZGDXZdo8
I've had fete' and livestock tavern and w&m all very good
most of these burgers are pretty expensive...

Rocky

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 07:59:03 AM »
I used to get a craving for the greasy burger with fried onions they used to have at Pali Lanes.  :P
Sometimes the simple things are best.  :thumbsup:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

drck1000

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 08:48:26 AM »
W&M - May say its Mays, but I still like it.
Bob’s BBQ

The burgers as Lucky Strike was surprisingly awesome.

Old school Fuddruckers on the mainland was awesome. They are all franchised now and not as good.

oldfart

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »
Anybody try the BK Impossible (meatless) burger?
curious
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2019, 09:26:36 AM »
W&M

stangzilla

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2019, 09:28:10 AM »
I like Teddy's and W&M
W&M the parking is really bad

drck1000

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2019, 09:46:04 AM »
I like Teddy's and W&M
W&M the parking is really bad
Yup. I try to go at off times, like 2-3 on a weekday. Sometimes even then still busy. I’ll drive by and if the lot is full, I’ll go eat at Fresh Catch.  ;D

ren

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2019, 09:51:49 AM »
$.59 teri burgers at Kennys
Deeds Not Words

changemyoil66

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2019, 10:13:52 AM »
Yup. I try to go at off times, like 2-3 on a weekday. Sometimes even then still busy. I’ll drive by and if the lot is full, I’ll go eat at Fresh Catch.  ;D

Make sure to call it in about 30 mins before you pick up.  That way no need wait in the order line.

zippz

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2019, 10:17:17 AM »
Anybody try the BK Impossible (meatless) burger?
curious

It was okay, probably wouldn't have noticed if I didn't know.  But that's with all the sauces and veggies.   Not sure how it tastes if you just eat the party by itself.

zippz

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2019, 10:18:45 AM »
I like Teddy's.  Especially the Cajun and Spud burgers.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2019, 10:55:18 AM »
Ruby Tuesday's

Triple Prime Burgers. 

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Inspector

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2019, 11:08:00 AM »
Honolulu Burger Co. beef from BI grass fed cows. Makes a huge difference in taste. Garlic fries and loaded fries are the best!!!
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2019, 11:24:08 AM »
The kids (now mostly young adults) and I went on a mission last summer to find a great burger.

Kua Aina was our unanimous favorite.
Teddy’s is good.
Five Guys is glorified fast food.

Guess we gotta try W&M and Honolulu Burger Co.

Nostalgia wise, I used to love the burger from Kailua Beach Park concession. Soft bun, super thin burger and “secret sauce” (ketchup and mayo mixed). As a kid it was the best.

Heavies

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2019, 10:11:58 PM »
Like me some Volcano burger from Teddy's

stangzilla

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2019, 05:12:32 AM »
Tasty Freeze in Waianae. Idk what their name is now, next to Waianae store.
Double cheeseburger and fries with special sauce (mayo and mustard)
I used to work in Waianae 14 years ago, they changed their name since then

fishandshoot

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2019, 05:46:23 AM »
Mainland: Fat burger

ren

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2019, 10:16:47 AM »
Two in the morning, got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
Deeds Not Words

stangzilla

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2019, 10:38:44 AM »
Two in the morning, got the Fatburger
Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp

And it read Ice Cube's a pimp

stangzilla

Re: best burger- discuss
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »