Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense? (Read 3703 times)

RSN172

Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« on: December 06, 2019, 06:05:06 AM »
Don't think this law will pass in Virginia, but maybe Hawaii can be the first.

https://www.myselfdefensetraining.com/virginia-to-outlaw-all-forms-of-self-defense/
Happily living in Puna

oldfart

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:37:45 AM »
Geez, any form of education can be weaponized. ...slippery slope

I'm somewhat curious to know who would even consider proposing such an Orwellian law.
What, Me Worry?

drck1000

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 07:25:45 AM »
Proposed by people who are ignorant of human history.  :grrr:

Dunno if I’m athletic enough for capoeira

Rocky

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 08:09:29 AM »
Proposed by people who are ignorant of human history.  :grrr:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

ren

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 09:33:56 AM »
Unlikely here as we have a large MMA audience and athletes.
If there were an intro of a bill there would be a very large convoy and large presence at State Capitol.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 10:23:12 AM »
Unlikely here as we have a large MMA audience and athletes.
If there were an intro of a bill there would be a very large convoy and large presence at State Capitol.

#distressed

robtmc

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 11:30:38 AM »
I'm somewhat curious to know who would even consider proposing such an Orwellian law.

Those who have a lot of constituents that do not want their precious little dindu nuffins to be hurt?

They was good boyz, just actin' out.

changemyoil66

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 11:40:38 AM »
The state can do what ever it want. Someone will have to spend time and money to take it to court. Law makers will not be punished at all for violating a right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

groveler

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 01:23:39 PM »
The state can do what ever it want. Someone will have to spend time and money to take it to court. Law makers will not be punished at all for violating a right.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You are starting to sound like me.  I like!

changemyoil66

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 02:12:22 PM »
You are starting to sound like me.  I like!

oh no...I do have a Kau Inoa shirt, even though I'm 100% jap.

groveler

Re: Can a state outlaw ALL forms of self defense?
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2019, 03:55:56 PM »
oh no...I do have a Kau Inoa shirt, even though I'm 100% jap.
"Non-Hawaiian Natives are not included in the Kau Inoa movement, support has gone
down as members realize that their families would have to leave Hawaii
if the movement succeeds."
I'm Polish, Jew,  Scottish and whatever.
I'm really not welcome!