HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19 (Read 3244 times)

macsak

HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« on: December 13, 2019, 10:15:58 AM »
watch 24:10 from the end for on topic content
surfer dude made our cause look a little bad, but the crowd was more receptive than I thought they would be
https://www.facebook.com/repgeneward/videos/459925174723791/

ren

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 11:07:49 AM »
Bravo!
Deeds Not Words

macsak

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2019, 11:10:48 AM »
Bravo!

fricken Stanley chang wasn't even there
maybe I shoulda gone with "can I go all Charles Bronson? give me a hall pass! sign me up!"

30+% of the crowd had already left, but I had way more cheers than I thought I would
was expecting crickets
several of the HPD officers thanked me for speaking up afterwards...

mrgaf

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2019, 11:22:21 AM »
HPD: same BS, different day... not entirely HPD's fault for being mindless drones for the most part, nothing personal just doing our jobs (an excuse). The problem is the mindless idiotic voters who keep putting the same entitled scumbags in office each and every election cycle who care more about the criminals than they do victims as well as the lazy ass liberal judiciary and judges who seem to have castrated themselves in the name of supposed "justice for all".  :wtf:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

ren

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 11:30:25 AM »
fricken Stanley chang wasn't even there
maybe I shoulda gone with "can I go all Charles Bronson? give me a hall pass! sign me up!"

30+% of the crowd had already left, but I had way more cheers than I thought I would
was expecting crickets
several of the HPD officers thanked me for speaking up afterwards...

you think Stan would be doing his job??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 11:33:38 AM »
When the Cops notify the public they have policies that prevent them from chasing a fleeing suspect if they are going "100 miles an hour", or whatever other criteria requires them to disengage, do they not get that the crooks get that message, too?

"If the Cops get behind you, speed up to 100 MPH.  They have to back off."

It encourages high speed evasions to take advantage of police policy.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2019, 11:45:57 AM »
you think Stan would be doing his job??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

nope, but I wanted to hear him try to weasel out of my question...

Platinum808

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2019, 11:58:23 AM »
Lol no one want to be a COP I wonder why?
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

drck1000

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2019, 12:05:54 PM »
Good stuff!  :thumbsup:

Will listen to more later but listened to a few people and good to hear people speaking up and venting their frustration.

Did anyone question the “elderly should travel in groups” recommendation?

oldfart

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2019, 12:24:23 PM »
That was excellent
What, Me Worry?

macsak

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2019, 12:35:34 PM »
That was excellent

the Tourette's guy in the purple hat or surfer dude?

i'm thinking he had more than coffee in his mug...

groveler

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »
When the Cops notify the public they have policies that prevent them from chasing a fleeing suspect if they are going "100 miles an hour", or whatever other criteria requires them to disengage, do they not get that the crooks get that message, too?

"If the Cops get behind you, speed up to 100 MPH.  They have to back off."

It encourages high speed evasions to take advantage of police policy.
I've driven on Maui, Molokai, Kauai, Oahu, and Hawaii islands.
On the BI there are many places you can do 100+ MPH and survive.
On the other islands that would be hard to do.  Seems like wise practice
to not pursue in most cases.
I have watched police break off a pursuit.  They just went up the
mountain later,  when things quieted down. 
I haven't seen that "Rice rocket" since then.
But hey,  I'm in a small town.

changemyoil66

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2019, 01:43:28 PM »
nope, but I wanted to hear him try to weasel out of my question...

His answer would have been "I've been to Koko Head shooting complex, but..."

For the next town hall, when someone ask about the 2a, need to also state how it applies outside of the home or range.  Because every politician will give the vanilla I support the 2a or in Waters case, the range so people can shoot safely and "kept in the trunk".   But what about outside the home or range for self defense?  That's the big question that we all want answered.

Hope they have 1 in my area, I will bring up all denials for ccw permits.  But yet many have out of state permits.

Since we're not offered a rebuttal to the reply, need to include what they're going to say and cut them off before they give a shitty answer.

stangzilla

Re: HK Crime and Safety Town Meeting 12/12/19
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2019, 01:47:21 PM »
watch 24:10 from the end for on topic content
surfer dude made our cause look a little bad, but the crowd was more receptive than I thought they would be
https://www.facebook.com/repgeneward/videos/459925174723791/

Great representing, macsak!   :shaka:

Jeff Spicoli is not too bright.