KHSC 200-yard frame specs? (Read 2945 times)

tommynauw

KHSC 200-yard frame specs?
« on: June 06, 2012, 01:29:59 PM »
Hi all. New member with a question that I promise I searched for first.

Does anyone have drawings to build a frame for the 200-yard position at the Koko Head rifle range? Failing that, a guide for diameter and spread of holes in the ground plus a recommended height would be good enough.

And if anyone has some tips for how to find the 200-yard holes that would be awesome because I have not gone out to 200 in a long time. Don't want to be chasing my tail out there with people waiting for me at the benches.

I need some help. Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:57:55 PM by tommynauw »

Teichi

Re: KHSC 200-yard frame specs?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
The holes are 24 inches center to center. The lumber for your upright supports need to be 2"x2" square posts rounded off to fit inside the pipe. The height of your target shoud be at least 6' to the center of your bullseye. Any lower and you run the risk of the brush blocking the line of sight and bullet path. The holes should have some blaze orange spray paint marking them. Set up early before the range goes hot. That will give you time to time the holes.

tommynauw

Re: KHSC 200-yard frame specs?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 03:56:08 PM »
Excellent. Thanks for your help.

Heavies

Re: KHSC 200-yard frame specs?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 05:41:37 AM »
Put out the red flag when you go up there, so others know you are behind the burm.  You need to inform the RO when you want to break down so they can make sure the other ranges don't fire while you are out there.

drck1000

Re: KHSC 200-yard frame specs?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 06:11:13 AM »
Last time I was there, the rifle range RO had to have both the bullseye and silhouetter range under cease fire while the rifle range was doing the target change and they gave the guy who had to break down his 200 yard target stand an orange/red flag on a pole for him to carry out to the target stand. 

I haven't set up a target at 200 yards, but I thought it was only one (maybe a few top) available out there.  Maybe others have targets that don't need a base in the ground.  I've also noticed guys putting up paper targets as random location, like in the bushes near the plate in the little crater at about 300 yards or so.