Long gun permit renewal - how early? (Read 3620 times)

tim808

Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« on: December 24, 2019, 11:24:33 AM »
My permit is void after 2/11/20.  How early can permit be renewed?  2 months before void date?
Thanks!

tim808

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 11:38:18 AM »
14 days.  I have time today, oh well, I guess I’ll go to lunch with my boss (wife)

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 02:07:15 PM »
HPD's rationale is they don't want 2 valid permits for one person to exist.  Why not?  I can't imagine it's more than an administrative rule.

So, since your current permit will expire on a given date, and you have to wait 2 weeks to pick up the replacement, 2 weeks before expiration is the soonest they'll accept your renewal application.

I've stopped looking for logic in these rules.  For all I know, they don't want you to be able to purchase an infinite number of long guns .... times 2.   :crazy:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Gordyf

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2019, 06:47:43 PM »
I've stopped looking for logic in these rules.  For all I know, they don't want you to be able to purchase an infinite number of long guns .... times 2.   :crazy:

Is there anything statutory or does it matter to these guys?
They are to enforce the laws... who makes the laws???
Show me the statute, or is it"administrative rules" never legislated.
Aloha...I think
Aloha
Gordy

Rocky

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2019, 08:39:06 AM »
Don't forget to turn in your old permit as required !
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

robtmc

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »
Don't forget to turn in your old permit as required !
Been a few years, pre-rapback, for my last permit, and they (Big island) did not ask for the previous one.  Maybe because the old one had expired?

drck1000

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2019, 11:50:20 AM »
What are ya getting?

London808

Re: Long gun permit renewal - how early?
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 07:14:35 AM »
My permit is void after 2/11/20.  How early can permit be renewed?  2 months before void date?
Thanks!

Take your old one, rip it in half and turn in both half’s when you apply.
"Mr. Roberts is a bit of a fanatic, he has previously sued HPD about gun registration issues." : Major Richard Robinson 2016