Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website (Read 3435 times)

tim808

Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:04 PM »
Just curious.  Website says targets start at 50 yards.  One coworker says 25 yards.  Another coworker says 75 yards.

Which is it?

Thanks!

justin1098

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2020, 06:50:03 PM »
There are metal targets at 50, 75 and 100 meters.

Heavies

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2020, 06:50:17 PM »
Just curious.  Website says targets start at 50 yards.  One coworker says 25 yards.  Another coworker says 75 yards.

Which is it?

Thanks!

The range steel is at 50 yards.  you can set up your own paper at 25 last I heard, but you need your own stand and need to wait for CF to retrieve.  Also, the bushes might interfere with a target that close.  If you are attending the club match they set up 25, 50, 75, and 100.

stangzilla

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 06:57:00 PM »
Isn't the silhouette range targets set at 50m, 75m, and 100m?
And 200m

Heavies

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2020, 07:22:05 PM »
Isn't the silhouette range targets set at 50m, 75m, and 100m?
And 200m

Could be, could be.  But there are only two types of countries in the world, one that uses meters and one that has landed a man on the moon....  :love:

tim808

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »
Thanks!  I was hoping it was 25 yards because I’m a bad shot with a pistol

drck1000

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2020, 03:22:03 PM »
Thanks!  I was hoping it was 25 yards because I’m a bad shot with a pistol
There are some large targets on the first line (50 yards/meters) what are super easy to hit as well as smaller targets that will challenge even experienced shooters. Definitely a fun place to shoot.

aieahound

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2020, 03:54:28 PM »
50 yards !

That explains my Inspector Fun Shoot result.

My parallax was set for 25 !

 ( on my fixed sight revolver :D)

There are some large targets on the first line (50 yards/meters) what are super easy to hit as well as smaller targets that will challenge even experienced shooters. Definitely a fun place to shoot.

+1 Fun place to shoot.
You can shoot 22LR rifles there also.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 04:02:01 PM by aieahound »

zippz

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
Thanks!  I was hoping it was 25 yards because I’m a bad shot with a pistol

It really makes you concentrate on your fundamentals.  It's good practice.

Heavies

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2020, 05:25:28 PM »
50 yards !

That explains my Inspector Fun Shoot result.

My parallax was set for 25 !

 ( on my fixed sight revolver :D)

+1 Fun place to shoot.
You can shoot 22LR rifles there also.
I hit everything my pistol was aimed at...  too bad it wasn't aimed at the right target when the trigger broke though.   Lol.

I was there quite a while in the morning and shot 2 or 3 hundred rounds. Didn't have much trouble hitting that very target, but when the match started, oh boy. Choked..  hhaha

stangzilla

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2020, 05:33:13 PM »
sometimes I can bounce the projectile off the ground and hit the target   :geekdanc:

tim808

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2020, 08:48:35 PM »
How bad am I? 

I can do okay with my G19

I bought a used fns40 5” and put in the included 9mm conversion barrel and also bought a used RIA 1911 in 45 acp.

I bring the new to me pistols to bullseye.  I’m consistently shooting about 12”-18” below with the 1911 and 6”-12” below with the fns.  I haven’t shot a pistol in a while and cause I’m old, I forgot how really lame my shooting is.  So I figured the prior owner took off his good sights and re-installed the stock sights but didn’t completely zero them after

Of course at home I whip out the laser bore sighter and what do you know, poi and poa are the same.

At least I was hitting the cardboard. 

The RO gave it to my coworker for hitting the dirt below the target and in back of the stand.  Said my coworker was getting too close to a metal rail and would have a ricochet if he hit the rail!  That could have been interesting!

Inspector

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 06:56:58 AM »
50 yards !

That explains my Inspector Fun Shoot result.

My parallax was set for 25 !

 ( on my fixed sight revolver :D)

+1 Fun place to shoot.
You can shoot 22LR rifles there also.
You hit a target every time you pulled the trigger!!!
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Heavies

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2020, 11:46:45 AM »
How bad am I? 

I can do okay with my G19

I bought a used fns40 5” and put in the included 9mm conversion barrel and also bought a used RIA 1911 in 45 acp.

I bring the new to me pistols to bullseye.  I’m consistently shooting about 12”-18” below with the 1911 and 6”-12” below with the fns.  I haven’t shot a pistol in a while and cause I’m old, I forgot how really lame my shooting is.  So I figured the prior owner took off his good sights and re-installed the stock sights but didn’t completely zero them after

Of course at home I whip out the laser bore sighter and what do you know, poi and poa are the same.

At least I was hitting the cardboard. 

The RO gave it to my coworker for hitting the dirt below the target and in back of the stand.  Said my coworker was getting too close to a metal rail and would have a ricochet if he hit the rail!  That could have been interesting!


Sounds like you are anticipating recoil, pushing the gun down before the shot breaks.

Heavies

Re: Silhouette range - targets start at 50 yards per website
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2020, 01:04:11 PM »
I had a bad flinch as well.  This is how I minimize it.

Dry fire, A LOT.  front sight in perfect focus, Zero movement when shot breaks.

Got one of those laser snap caps. When the shot breaks, the laser should be a pin point spot, not a streak.  That'll tell you if you are gripping, slapping the trigger, or something else is disturbing the gun when the hammer falls

Have someone randomly load snapcaps in the mag for live fire.  When the gun goes click, you'll see exactly what's wrong.