FIRE MISSION- they did this on purpose, folks (Read 1743 times)

Jl808

Re: FIRE MISSION- they did this on purpose, folks
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 04:16:34 PM »
Thank you to everyone that showed up today.

Senate PSM decision making is deferred to tomorrow Friday 2/7/2020 12:30pm in Room 414. 

Please show up if you can tomorrow. 

I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

drck1000

« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 04:50:43 PM »
Thank you to everyone that showed up today.

Senate PSM decision making is deferred to tomorrow Friday 2/7/2020 12:30pm in Room 414. 

Please show up if you can tomorrow.
Good turnout today. I am trying to make it tmrw.

punaperson

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 08:12:15 PM »
Can anyone please post the amendments?

In the past it has taken close to a week, or longer, for them to post the amended versions of the bills, and calling the committee chairs and co-chairs offices just gets a "wait for it to be published" response.

Just curious. Substantive or nearly irrelevant detail?

HB1902   

Measure Title:   RELATING TO FIREARMS.
Report Title:   Firearms; Large Capacity Magazine; Prohibition
Description:   Extends the prohibition for large capacity magazines to all firearms, rather than just pistols. Provides an exception to the prohibition for law enforcement agencies and duly authorized officers.

Current Referral:   PVM/JUD
Introducer(s):   TAKAYAMA, CABANILLA ARAKAWA, ICHIYAMA, C. LEE, LOWEN, MATAYOSHI, PERRUSO, TODD, WILDBERGER, Belatti, Brower, Cachola, Creagan, Holt, Morikawa, San Buenaventura

Sort by Date       Status Text

2/4/2020   H   Bill scheduled to be heard by PVM/JUD on Thursday, 02-06-20 2:15PM in House conference room 325.
2/6/2020   H   The committees on PVM recommend that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes were as follows: 4 Ayes: Representative(s) Takayama, Gates, Nishimoto, Ohno; Ayes with reservations: none; 2 Noes: Representative(s) D. Kobayashi, McDermott; and 1 Excused: Representative(s) Kong.
2/6/2020   H   The committees on JUD recommend that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes were as follows: 9 Ayes: Representative(s) C. Lee, San Buenaventura, Brower, Lowen, Nakashima, Perruso, Takayama; Ayes with reservations: Representative(s) McKelvey, Say; Noes: none; and 3 Excused: Representative(s) Creagan, Yamane, Thielen.

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 08:44:02 PM »
They read it so fast I could not keep track of what was going on, but although not the result we wanted it was clear our large group did have and impact on reducing what would have been a slaughter fest for second amendment rights. A lot of that stuff was already a done deal but they had to make a show out of listening to us. If it had gone any better I would have been really surprised. It was pretty cool to see their shocked expressions that so many people from our side showed up. Chris Lee came outside to our huddle afterwords and was like "hey I would like to go skeet shooting with you sometime" which I took to mean as recognition that this could be part of a larger movement that could shift some seats around in the next election cycle. The struggle now is to prove to them that we are mainstream and not just a bunch of fanatics that Karl Rhoads paints us as. Speaking of which I am surprised nobody posted his hit piece yet condemning HIFICO for holding the rally on the same day as the police funeral. I would but cannot find the link. Someone needs to write a well tempered response and get it to the media ASAP.

ren

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 08:58:01 PM »
Sonofabiot$h

What I saw was a bunch of mainlanders (MomsDemandOurGuns) take 2A rights away from the locals. We had moms, native Hawaiians, retired HPD, people who were born and raised here wanting to protect ourselves. We outnumbered the red shirted MomsWithNoJobs by at least 4 to 1.
Senator Baker was smug to our showing - correcting testimony from a female and rolled her eyes at others.
We need a MomsDemandAction group. These legislators are clearly not listening to the people of Hawaii.

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2020, 09:04:01 PM »
Yeah Roz had a really lousy attitude and a lot of people were surprised by her lack of decorum. It was like "none of you degenerates are going to vote for me anyway"

The Nancy Pelosi virus is spreading

macsak

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 10:35:15 PM »
Can anyone please post the amendments?

In the past it has taken close to a week, or longer, for them to post the amended versions of the bills, and calling the committee chairs and co-chairs offices just gets a "wait for it to be published" response.

Just curious. Substantive or nearly irrelevant detail?

HB1902   

Measure Title:   RELATING TO FIREARMS.
Report Title:   Firearms; Large Capacity Magazine; Prohibition
Description:   Extends the prohibition for large capacity magazines to all firearms, rather than just pistols. Provides an exception to the prohibition for law enforcement agencies and duly authorized officers.

Current Referral:   PVM/JUD
Introducer(s):   TAKAYAMA, CABANILLA ARAKAWA, ICHIYAMA, C. LEE, LOWEN, MATAYOSHI, PERRUSO, TODD, WILDBERGER, Belatti, Brower, Cachola, Creagan, Holt, Morikawa, San Buenaventura

Sort by Date       Status Text

2/4/2020   H   Bill scheduled to be heard by PVM/JUD on Thursday, 02-06-20 2:15PM in House conference room 325.
2/6/2020   H   The committees on PVM recommend that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes were as follows: 4 Ayes: Representative(s) Takayama, Gates, Nishimoto, Ohno; Ayes with reservations: none; 2 Noes: Representative(s) D. Kobayashi, McDermott; and 1 Excused: Representative(s) Kong.
2/6/2020   H   The committees on JUD recommend that the measure be PASSED, WITH AMENDMENTS. The votes were as follows: 9 Ayes: Representative(s) C. Lee, San Buenaventura, Brower, Lowen, Nakashima, Perruso, Takayama; Ayes with reservations: Representative(s) McKelvey, Say; Noes: none; and 3 Excused: Representative(s) Creagan, Yamane, Thielen.

I have video, but I don't have the time to upload and make available right now
we went strong against the 10 round mag limit, and they had to scramble to keep it alive
they combined it with one of the mental health bills
which made absolutely no sense

6716J

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2020, 07:31:08 AM »
How did the "ghost gun" one go? Curious because even if you have no urge in one it affects all parts. So no upgraded triggers or barrels or whatever for the competition guys. Or uppers for the AR folks. Etc.....
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

macsak

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 08:41:25 AM »
How did the "ghost gun" one go? Curious because even if you have no urge in one it affects all parts. So no upgraded triggers or barrels or whatever for the competition guys. Or uppers for the AR folks. Etc.....

finding out the whole story now
it was combined with another bill
I filmed, so I couldn't take notes
somebody else may chime in before I do
sorry for the confusion

but I do know that in this specific bill, it was more limited in the description of parts that were banned
I still brought it up anyways, and the committee members asked hpd for clarification
the bill stated more simply that it was only the collection of parts that can complete an 80% that was illegal to possess
there are a couple more bills that were more loose in the definition of what parts are problematic

punaperson

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2020, 09:51:22 AM »

the bill stated more simply that it was only the collection of parts that can complete an 80% that was illegal to possess

"the collection of parts that can complete and 80%" is literally any complete rifle. Any off-the-shelf rifle/handgun could be used to swap everything but the lower to a finished 80% lower. Thus, all guns for which there is an 80% lower available are illegal, since they have "the collection of parts that can complete an 80%". The subtle genius of this legislation which will ban any and all firearms for which an 80% lower is available is noted. /end sarc  Actually if that's really what they decided on, they're dumber than rocks and think they're geniuses.

macsak

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2020, 10:18:32 AM »
"the collection of parts that can complete and 80%" is literally any complete rifle. Any off-the-shelf rifle/handgun could be used to swap everything but the lower to a finished 80% lower. Thus, all guns for which there is an 80% lower available are illegal, since they have "the collection of parts that can complete an 80%". The subtle genius of this legislation which will ban any and all firearms for which an 80% lower is available is noted. /end sarc  Actually if that's really what they decided on, they're dumber than rocks and think they're geniuses.

shockingly, the vice chair was actually trying to avoid this and was working with hpd to prevent the banning of parts
I will be sending to joint committees an email this weekend explaining all of this and will volunteer to speak to them personally

Mdotweber

« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 02:26:31 PM »
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 04:51:05 PM by Mdotweber »
"Dont forget, incoming fire has the right of way"-Clint Smith?

Jl808

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 03:31:06 PM »
^^  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So is the police chief.
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

ren

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 06:01:22 PM »
via Imgflip Meme Generator

And the female that testified was very articulate but Senator Rosalyn HalfBaked did not hear any of that - except the presumption that the DA was a male. Her bias was clearly evident when the MomdDemandOurGuns and the Pastafarian Lady testified