Hawaii red flagged... (Read 4681 times)

Heavies

Hawaii red flagged...
« on: February 15, 2020, 01:27:57 AM »
https://www.kitv.com/story/41706228/90yearold-priest-and-war-veteran-ordered-to-give-up-guns-amid-dispute-with-residents-of-transitional-shelter?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KITV


A fine thank you to a war veteran.  Police "just doing their job",  that always turns out so well.  To hell with due process and innocent until proven guilty...   what kind of shit is this?

oldfart

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 05:58:53 AM »
If I took care of a halfway house, I would want to have a method to defend myself.
This sounds like an abuse of the red flag law.
Let's keep a close watch on this case. It could happen to any of us.
What, Me Worry?

Platinum808

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2020, 07:00:57 AM »
Any veteran is considered a domestic terrorist because they know how to use a weapon and could be a danger to community!
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

Bota-CS1

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 07:02:41 AM »
Well it seems Mr. Apaisa is a convicted sex offender.  He used his alias the article rather than his real first name.  I think everyone should’ve seen through this BS from the get go - typical case of kronics and konvicts playing the victim and using their first hand knowledge of the law against someone else. 


https://sexoffenders.ehawaii.gov/sexoffender/details,A0112041.html

2a isn’t letting me post the screen shots and I haven’t had my coffee yet so you’ll have to check the Hawaii Criminal Justice Database for yourself.  It’s free and open to the public.  Just enter the info from the article, Kevin Apisa, Pele Street, zip code is 96813, search for all offenses.
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

Platinum808

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2020, 07:07:32 AM »
Thats why i hate neighbor always want to know what you are doing because they live hermit lifestyle!
Oh ignorant youth, the world is not a joyous place. The time has come for you to dispense with the frivolous pleasures of childhood and get down to honest toil until you are sixty-five. Then and only then can you relax and collect your social security and live happily until the time of your death!

-Hunter S. Thompson

mrgaf

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2020, 08:04:44 AM »
Was gonna say something but decided not to. Post would have probably gotten deleted anyway.  :worship:
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 09:39:38 AM by mrgaf »
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

Heavies

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2020, 09:08:18 AM »
Just a matter of time one of us gets red flagged because we are 2A supporters and activists.   

Because standing up for your rights make people "uncomfortable" 

They gotta make sure you parse your words very very carefully.   1A is about as important to them as 2A, or any A.

robtmc

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2020, 11:17:37 AM »
Any veteran is considered a domestic terrorist because they know how to use a weapon and could be a danger to community!
These days, I avoid any mention of my service.  Never know what some liberal might try to do.

Did have one rather vicious bull dyke on my local rag comments always posting that I was building an arsenal, etc.  Clearly trying to get the polices interested in me.

groveler

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2020, 11:32:48 AM »
Why can't we get people like this to move here?
https://dailycaller.com/2020/02/13/republican-claire-chase-red-flag-laws/
Probably because people like Inspector are all moving to AZ to get away from the
banana republic of Honolulu.
BTW  If AZ had a ocean coastline I'd be there in a second.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2020, 11:35:30 AM »
These days, I avoid any mention of my service.  Never know what some liberal might try to do.

Did have one rather vicious bull dyke on my local rag comments always posting that I was building an arsenal, etc.  Clearly trying to get the polices interested in me.

When someone asks if was in the military, I answer with a straight face:

"No, I wasn't in the military.  I was in the Air Force."

 :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

groveler

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2020, 12:14:11 PM »
When someone asks if was in the military, I answer with a straight face:

"No, I wasn't in the military.  I was in the Air Force."

 :thumbsup: :geekdanc:
Ouch!
I was a SAC trained killer.
I was an Avionics repair guy KC-135, B52, C-141, C5A, C-130's
F-111, F-106, and whatever, I even fixed the Governor
of California's airplane RADAR and Radio.
I had to qualify yearly on the Security Police course/test with an M16
in semi auto ONLY.
Don't think all USAF people are just 9-5 'ers.



Flapp_Jackson

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 01:14:20 PM »
Ouch!
I was a SAC trained killer.
I was an Avionics repair guy KC-135, B52, C-141, C5A, C-130's
F-111, F-106, and whatever, I even fixed the Governor
of California's airplane RADAR and Radio.
I had to qualify yearly on the Security Police course/test with an M16
in semi auto ONLY.
Don't think all USAF people are just 9-5 'ers.

I normally leave it up to the listener to form their own impression.

I was a computer systems officer.  My first assignment was with the AWACS Wing at Tinker AFB, OK.  I spent 3 TDYs in Saudi Arabia at the ELF ONE training compound, twice as OIC of my deployed unit.

I qualified "expert" on military small arms (only enlisted and MPs were trained/qualified on the M16).  We participated in the Excellence in Arms competitions every year.  Many of our members were transplants from other branches, particularly those who were Vietnam vets and had opted to get their 20+ year retirement when being separated from the Army.

Not every airman is a wimp, just like not everyone in the Marines or Army is Special Forces material.  But, if you're in the military, interservice rivalry is real, as is the jab that the Air Force is not "the military".   :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

groveler

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »
I normally leave it up to the listener to form their own impression.

I was a computer systems officer.  My first assignment was with the AWACS Wing at Tinker AFB, OK.  I spent 3 TDYs in Saudi Arabia at the ELF ONE training compound, twice as OIC of my deployed unit.

I qualified "expert" on military small arms (only enlisted and MPs were trained/qualified on the M16).  We participated in the Excellence in Arms competitions every year.  Many of our members were transplants from other branches, particularly those who were Vietnam vets and had opted to get their 20+ year retirement when being separated from the Army.

Not every airman is a wimp, just like not everyone in the Marines or Army is Special Forces material.  But, if you're in the military, interservice rivalry is real, as is the jab that the Air Force is not "the military".   :geekdanc:
Thanks for your service.
Generally I despised most officers.
There were a few good ones, most thought they
were Gods gift to humanity.
I was enlisted.
I earned a degree BSCS after my time
in the "service".
In fact the Army tried to get me to enlist
at my graduation!
They even gave me a "T" shirt.
The Army was so stupid that they did
not know I already served
5+ years in the USAF, Vietnam era Vet,
that they wanted me to do the same job you describe.
I told them I would only enlist if they trained me to fly a "
Gun ship".
I had a lot of fun with that recruiter.
My wife said she would divorce me
if I followed through.
We were married when I was a
SSGT USAF in 77.







Flapp_Jackson

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
Thanks for your service.
Generally I despised most officers.
There were a few good ones, most thought they
were Gods gift to humanity.
I was enlisted.
I earned a degree BSCS after my time
in the "service".
In fact the Army tried to get me to enlist
at my graduation!
They even gave me a "T" shirt.
The Army was so stupid that they did
not know I already served
5+ years in the USAF, Vietnam era Vet,
that they wanted me to do the same job you describe.
I told them I would only enlist if they trained me to fly a "
Gun ship".
I had a lot of fun with that recruiter.
My wife said she would divorce me
if I followed through.
We were married when I was a
SSGT USAF in 77.

I was just starting high school in 76-77.   :wave:  Class of 1980.

Lucky to get a 4-year AFROTC scholarship, or else college would have been postponed indefinitely until I saved some bucks or found another way.

Officers come in many brands.  I personally have a bad opinion of 90% of USAF Academy officers.  Part of that might be due to the fact my own date of rank was adjusted from May 5 to June 15, because ROTC grads aren't allowed to outrank Academy grads in the same year group.   :wtf:   In effect, I lost more than a month's pay raise at the 2 year mark when I pinned on 1Lt, as well as another month's raise at the 4 year mark for Capt.  I've worked with several Academy grads in my year group, and only one was worth anything.  I had 2-stripers working for me that could do more and were more dependable.  I almost brought one 1Lt up on charges for failing to obey my directions in Saudi Arabia.  I wound up having to redo all of his attempts at processing AWACS mission tapes during the midnight shift, because he kept falling asleep in the middle of the computer jobs.  The jobs timed out waiting for him to swap 9-track tapes -- more than once!  Each time he had to start from tape #1 again.  When I arrived, INTEL was at the doorway wanting to know where the reports and replays were from that mission.  It was obvious something big happened, and they really needed to see the replay.  I arrived at 5:30AM, and the job was finished about 8:30AM.  The 1Lt working for me couldn't get it finished in over 12 hours!

So, yeah.  I have a problem with some officers, too.  And when you're a 2Lt, higher rank officers can be more of a jerk to you than they are to NCOs.

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

ren

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2020, 09:43:46 AM »
So druggies and sex offenders take revenge against the same person providing them with housing? :wacko:
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2020, 10:24:26 AM »
So druggies and sex offenders take revenge against the same person providing them with housing? :wacko:
...
Yeah, where's the love, huh?
What, Me Worry?

Bota-CS1

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2020, 11:09:41 AM »
So druggies and sex offenders take revenge against the same person providing them with housing? :wacko:

Yup.  The guy was probably up to something and the priest being street snart caught on and wanted him out. Felon used the TRO against the priest.  I wonder how a sex offender can live so close to Royal Elementary and Central Middle schools. 🤨🧐🤔
No one is coming, it’s up to us.

Legislation should never be about depriving law abiding citizens of something, but rather taking those things away from criminals.

mrgaf

Re: Hawaii red flagged...
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2020, 08:10:45 PM »
sad sad sad.. doesn’t surprise me though. The word of a felon is more credible than that of a priest and a veteran. Sickening  >:( :wtf:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.