So I registered as a Democrat today..... (Read 2189 times)

Direjackalope

So I registered as a Democrat today.....
« on: March 02, 2020, 07:08:41 PM »
If a pro gun Republican can't win an election then I'll do my part to vote out the anti gun Democrat candidates in the primaries.  Cheers!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: So I registered as a Democrat today.....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 08:18:32 PM »
That's like trying to pick which cobra to kiss.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

hvybarrels

Re: So I registered as a Democrat today.....
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2020, 11:05:08 AM »
Don't know about anyone else but I am starting to enjoy this civil engagement thing. Most sports are kind of boring to me but this feels like what I imagine fantasy football is to other people, except the stakes are real. Yeah they have first round draft pick, Bloomberg bucks, and AstroMoms but we have actual grassroots gaining momentum here and have gotten results despite their best attempts at bulldozing this stuff through.

Registering as Democrats is not a bad idea, but it would have to be part of an overall strategy to make a difference. If we are going to flip some seats then we have to take the game to the next level, plan out where we want to be in 5 years, and coordinate everyone dirty dozen style.

https://youtu.be/9pmVNivQjwI?t=60
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Direjackalope

Re: So I registered as a Democrat today.....
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 01:30:15 PM »
It’s definitely strategy. I get to vote against an anti gun democrat incumbent twice. If Zippz can stand to sit through a moms demand action meeting I can stand to pretend to be a Democrat.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 03:57:00 PM by Direjackalope »

zippz

Re: So I registered as a Democrat today.....
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 03:34:06 PM »
You don't really have to register for a party here.  You just grab whatever party ballot on election day.

Direjackalope

Re: So I registered as a Democrat today.....
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 08:12:41 PM »
You don't really have to register for a party here.  You just grab whatever party ballot on election day.

Considering the return on my time investment for voting I'd just as soon put in as little effort as possible and get the ballets mailed.  I only leave the house for survival and to attend HIFICO events. (I swear.)