Corona causing a spike in permit applications? (Read 2947 times)

tim808

Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« on: March 16, 2020, 12:11:22 PM »
Saw a long line at the permit desk today.  I’m wondering if it’s only because of the gun show..... or if has been that way prior to the show

changemyoil66

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 01:44:27 PM »
Too bad 1 has to wait 2 weeks or longer to protect their family.  Compared to the mainland, you leave that day with a rifle.

Direjackalope

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »
I can confirm one coworker bought his first rifle for corona related home defense.

RSN172

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2020, 02:29:58 PM »
I bet most of these new first time gun owners barely know how to use what they bought.
Happily living in Puna

6716J

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 02:38:38 PM »
I bet most of these new first time gun owners barely know how to use what they bought.

That is the scariest thing about this. How many AD/ND will we see due to panic shootings?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

Phazuka

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2020, 02:52:10 PM »
I applied for my AZ ccw about a month ago and got it back in one week.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WTF?Shane

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:40 PM »
I applied for my AZ ccw about a month ago and got it back in one week.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Cool. Too bad you can't use it here.

Phazuka

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2020, 04:15:07 PM »
Cool. Too bad you can't use it here.

I travel to the mainland often so it's worth it and I don't plan on living here indefinitely. 

WTF?Shane

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 05:31:35 PM »
I travel to the mainland often so it's worth it and I don't plan on living here indefinitely.

I thought this thread was addressing the local permit to acquire applications.

hvybarrels

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2020, 08:00:19 PM »
I thought this thread was addressing the local permit to acquire applications.

Coronavirus strikes again!
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

ren

Re: Corona causing a spike in permit applications?
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »
this thread is hereby infected and quarantined
Deeds Not Words