Indoor Ranges (Read 1425 times)

SurFKooK

Indoor Ranges
« on: May 09, 2020, 10:57:47 AM »
Damn, been years since i been on here. Anyways I’m curious to find out if the indoor shooting ranges been crowded since Koko Head is still shut down.

spicynoodle_1

Re: Indoor Ranges
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 11:11:31 AM »
808 Gun Club only allows use of the range by appointment, 30 min intervals, limited to two boxes of ammo each shooter, and 2 shooters in the shooting area at a time to keep the crowds down. Not sure of any other ranges on Oahu...

SurFKooK

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2020, 11:45:43 AM »
Thanks for the info :shaka: There’s X-Ring in Waipahu also.

Rocky

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2020, 11:57:49 AM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

macsak

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
Damn, been years since i been on here. Anyways I’m curious to find out if the indoor shooting ranges been crowded since Koko Head is still shut down.

KooK!

SurFKooK

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 12:29:59 PM »
Yes macsak it’s me, been a few years huh. I been surfing & golfing most of the time.

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 12:47:53 PM »

That place isn't even an option...

mauiboi9

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2020, 06:09:39 PM »
Yes macsak it’s me, been a few years huh. I been surfing & golfing most of the time.
atlas can golf now
Im a recoil junkie

nahp01

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2020, 06:39:32 PM »
I just went to 808 a few days ago and there was a steady flow of people waiting to shoot. Paid about 45 all in for 1 box of 9mm, range fee, and target. Don’t think I’ll be going there regularly, but had some time between meetings and really wanted to shoot the pistol I picked up before this whole mess started lol

changemyoil66

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2020, 10:11:39 AM »
Always call for the prices. 1 range you have to be a member and pay an annual fee 1st on top of the range fee.

6716J

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2020, 11:52:57 AM »
Always call for the prices. 1 range you have to be a member and pay an annual fee 1st on top of the range fee.

If you want me to apply to be a member, you don't want me as a member.... :thumbsup:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

changemyoil66

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 12:43:50 PM »
If you want me to apply to be a member, you don't want me as a member.... :thumbsup:

Ditto, unless it's like Coscto where you get cheaper stuff for being a member.

ren

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2020, 02:05:10 PM »

member fee and annual fee and range fee?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2020, 03:34:43 PM »
member fee and annual fee and range fee?

It's confusing, just going by their website.  This is how I read it:

1)  Pay a one-time lifetime membership fee:  $29.99, PLUS

2)  Pay a per-visit range fee:
        Normal:  $20
        Military/LE:  $15
        Kids 13+ (Entrance Fee):  $12 (no one under 13 allowed)

OR, if you go often, pay the "subscription" fee vs. range fee:

2a)  Basic unlimited shooting subscription:  $588/yr or $69/mon for 12 months PLUS $69 sign-up fee. 
       The annual $588 comes out to $49/month if paid up front.

OR

2b)  Black label subscription:  $959/yr or $99.99/mon for 12 months PLUS $99.99 sign-up fee. 
       The annual $959 comes out to $79.92/month if paid up front.
       This subscription includes unlimited use of their basic and "Black Label" rental firearms.

3)  Optionally, if you wish to reserve a lane, that'll cost you another $10.

Of course, no outside ammo or targets allowed.  You shoot whatever they have at the price they set.

So in short, the membership fee is reasonable.  But if you actually want to use the range, it'll cost you!   :geekdanc:

https://xringsecurity.com/range-pricing/
Wars never determine who is right.  They determine who is left.

changemyoil66

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 08:57:26 AM »
It's confusing, just going by their website.  This is how I read it:

1)  Pay a one-time lifetime membership fee:  $29.99, PLUS

2)  Pay a per-visit range fee:
        Normal:  $20
        Military/LE:  $15
        Kids 13+ (Entrance Fee):  $12 (no one under 13 allowed)

OR, if you go often, pay the "subscription" fee vs. range fee:

2a)  Basic unlimited shooting subscription:  $588/yr or $69/mon for 12 months PLUS $69 sign-up fee. 
       The annual $588 comes out to $49/month if paid up front.

OR

2b)  Black label subscription:  $959/yr or $99.99/mon for 12 months PLUS $99.99 sign-up fee. 
       The annual $959 comes out to $79.92/month if paid up front.
       This subscription includes unlimited use of their basic and "Black Label" rental firearms.

3)  Optionally, if you wish to reserve a lane, that'll cost you another $10.

Of course, no outside ammo or targets allowed.  You shoot whatever they have at the price they set.

So in short, the membership fee is reasonable.  But if you actually want to use the range, it'll cost you!   :geekdanc:

https://xringsecurity.com/range-pricing/

Don't you have to also be a "member" to buy anything?  So if you want to buy a $12 bottle of OC, you have to first sign up and pay $29.99.

spicynoodle_1

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 01:03:44 PM »
Example receipt reads:

Washer, Crush 1/2"        1 ea          0.75
Membership, 1 year       1 ea        29.99

LOLOLOLOL!!!!  That's crazy...

BTW, went down to their friendly indoor range competitor/counterpart around 1030 this morning.  Place was empty.  Must've came at a good time on the right day.  They let me shoot more than the allotted half hour, and let me buy more ammo than the normal two boxes.  Said they just got a fresh shipment so they could let me buy more.  I was stoked to finally shoot my newly acquired pistols!!!.  Still not free lilke Koko Head, but manageable.  Also, there is one crazy guy there, but every shop needs one...

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 02:00:54 PM »
Don't you have to also be a "member" to buy anything?  So if you want to buy a $12 bottle of OC, you have to first sign up and pay $29.99.

I can neither confirm nor deny this as fact.

And I doubt I will ever avail myself of that opportunity.  :geekdanc:

6716J

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2020, 02:11:53 PM »

I went there trying to pick up a magazine. And yes they wanted me to pay the $29.99 membership fee plus the cost of the mag. I waited the week to not pay $70 for a single magazine. Lucky we have other stores that will order in what we need.

I can find no compelling reason to ever step foot in there again.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

ren

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2020, 02:57:17 PM »
I went there trying to pick up a magazine. And yes they wanted me to pay the $29.99 membership fee plus the cost of the mag. I waited the week to not pay $70 for a single magazine. Lucky we have other stores that will order in what we need.

I can find no compelling reason to ever step foot in there again.

Unreal. I could understand if they had bulk savings i.e. Costco. 100 pack of Magpul mags for $19.99

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2020, 03:11:38 PM »
Unreal. I could understand if they had bulk savings i.e. Costco. 100 pack of Magpul mags for $19.99

Simple economics.  Vote with your wallet.  They must be getting some in who agree to pay extra to belong to their club.

I have a feeling their "friends and family" discount allows certain people within their inner circle to join for free.

I have no evidence of that, but it would not be a shock.  That was the vibe I was getting the whole time they were begging for public support to help them get the range open in exchange for some sort of consideration.

That quid pro quo never made it back around AFAIK.