Remind HPD if getting both handgun & long arm permit (Read 1091 times)

tim808

Remind HPD if getting both handgun & long arm permit
« on: July 24, 2020, 09:22:08 PM »
Just a PSA

Even if you make an appointment to get a permit to acquire 4 or more AND check both the handgun AND longarm boxes on the application, remind HPD you are applying for both permits.  It may save you 2 more trips to HPD (and waiting an additional 3-4 months to register).  It may not help....they could still mess up....but it takes only a few seconds to say “applying for BOTH handgun and long arm permits”

Officer tells me I probably forgot to check the longarm box and shows me my application......and goes “Oh” when he sees that the box is checked.  At least he let me apply for a long arm permit since I was already there.

The funny thing is I forgot to check the pistol box. 

Now I have to make another trip in 2 weeks to HPD to pick up the permit and wait another 3-4 months to register my toys before I can legally use them

I’m not too upset.  I don’t walk on water.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 09:27:31 PM by tim808 »