Ballot status (Read 3974 times)

mrgaf

Ballot status
« on: August 03, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »
Here’s a link to check the status of your mail in ballot :shaka:

https://ballotstatus.hawaii.gov/Default
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2020, 09:46:42 PM »
I just checked mine today. Said it had been counted but it didn't show me who I voted for to confirm it counted it correctly. I wonder how to go about doing that?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 10:11:29 PM »
I just checked mine today. Said it had been counted but it didn't show me who I voted for to confirm it counted it correctly. I wonder how to go about doing that?

You think that info will be available online for a SECRET BALLOT?   :rofl:

If you colored within the lines, you've done all you can do without filing a FOIA request after the election is certified.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2020, 09:04:13 PM »
You think that info will be available online for a SECRET BALLOT?   :rofl:

If you colored within the lines, you've done all you can do without filing a FOIA request after the election is certified.

Had to enter in quite a bit of personal information just to check on the status of my ballot so its not like I just type in a name and see results.

I would have hoped there was a system in place to double check votes without needing a FOIA. One of these days maybe I will call the elections office and ask them how that works.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 10:46:16 PM »
Had to enter in quite a bit of personal information just to check on the status of my ballot so its not like I just type in a name and see results.

I would have hoped there was a system in place to double check votes without needing a FOIA. One of these days maybe I will call the elections office and ask them how that works.

They don't match up ballots with voter records.  They have no time, resources or justification for that.

Your record gets tagged as having voted, mainly so you can't vote multiple times. That's all they care about.  To find your ballot and give you what it says after it's been counted could take weeks.

Our elections are supposed to be by secret ballot.  If the state kept a database of everyone you ever voted for in every election, I'm sure even you can see how that information could be abused.  it doesn't matter what hoops you have to jump through on a website to get to it.  The hacker only needs to crack into the system once to get everybody's info.  Then who knows who will have it?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

6716J

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 07:29:40 AM »
They don't match up ballots with voter records.  They have no time, resources or justification for that.

Your record gets tagged as having voted, mainly so you can't vote multiple times. That's all they care about.  To find your ballot and give you what it says after it's been counted could take weeks.

Our elections personal property is are supposed to be by secret ballot.  If the state kept a database of everyone you ever voted for in every election who purchased a firearm, I'm sure even you can see how that information could be abused.  it doesn't matter what hoops you have to jump through on a website to get to it.  The hacker only needs to crack into the system once to get everybody's info.  Then who knows who will have it?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

hvybarrels

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 08:45:50 AM »
Mine still has not gone through yet. But then a lot of my mail gets opened so not really surprised. If you are not on some kind of list already then you are part of the problem.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

eyeeatingfish

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2020, 08:29:41 PM »
They don't match up ballots with voter records.  They have no time, resources or justification for that.

Your record gets tagged as having voted, mainly so you can't vote multiple times. That's all they care about.  To find your ballot and give you what it says after it's been counted could take weeks.

Our elections are supposed to be by secret ballot.  If the state kept a database of everyone you ever voted for in every election, I'm sure even you can see how that information could be abused.  it doesn't matter what hoops you have to jump through on a website to get to it.  The hacker only needs to crack into the system once to get everybody's info.  Then who knows who will have it?

Of course, I don't think the information should just be out there for all to see. I would just hope that it is maintained somewhere so it could be checked in the event that a case of fraud needed to be investigated.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2020, 09:55:39 PM »
Of course, I don't think the information should just be out there for all to see. I would just hope that it is maintained somewhere so it could be checked in the event that a case of fraud needed to be investigated.

Nope.  Not in Hawaii where paper ballots are used.  The paper ballot is the original.  If there's a problem, they will be used to verify the electronic results.

Places that have no paper ballots are at risk of major fraud.  No way to audit what votes were cast compared to what's in the database.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2020, 08:26:21 PM »
Nope.  Not in Hawaii where paper ballots are used.  The paper ballot is the original.  If there's a problem, they will be used to verify the electronic results.

Places that have no paper ballots are at risk of major fraud.  No way to audit what votes were cast compared to what's in the database.

How would law enforcement investigate claims of voter fraud then?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2020, 09:06:16 PM »
How would law enforcement investigate claims of voter fraud then?

LOL!  So, you think Cops only have investigative abilities if the evidence is in writing and controlled by the gov't

That's so cute.   :rofl: :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 08:15:44 PM »
LOL!  So, you think Cops only have investigative abilities if the evidence is in writing and controlled by the gov't

That's so cute.   :rofl: :geekdanc:

You are avoiding the question.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 08:58:23 PM »
You are avoiding the question.

You're avoiding rationality.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

eyeeatingfish

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 09:24:12 AM »
You're avoiding rationality.

You don't know the meaning of that word.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2020, 12:29:15 PM »
You don't know the meaning of that word.

Is that supposed to be a retort? 

 :sleeping:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

changemyoil66

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2020, 11:46:15 AM »
Everytime I see this title, I think Balut.

mrgaf

Re: Ballot status
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2020, 08:41:22 PM »
Everytime I see this title, I think Balut.



Yummmmmmmmmm but ain’t all quacked up to be though..... :thumbsup:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.  Thomas Paine.

No man can get rich in politics unless he is a crook.  It cannot be done. Harry Truman

Only good liberal is one taking a dirt nap.