Covid Citations (Read 2770 times)

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Covid Citations
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2020, 05:22:04 PM »
We pretty much did the opposite of defunding the police. They got a massive overtime subsidy from the lockdowns. It would be nice if some other businesses got similar consideration before they were forced to close their doors forever.

ptanabe

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2020, 10:35:33 PM »
Does the citation have a fine you can pay or does it have a court date? If you ask for a court date to plead your case in front of a judge that might work to your favor in a few ways. #1 the courts might be overwhelmed with hearing requests, #2 courts might not open back up for hearings within a reasonable amount of time and you will not have had your hearing in a timely manner guaranteed by the constitution, #3 you can explain your situation and how you believed what you were doing was allowed at the time but had been confused by the multiple order modifications.

Out of curiosity, what is the price listed on the citation?

No price listed only court date.

ptanabe

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2020, 10:51:00 PM »

Human nature is to try and put these things behind us as quickly as possible when we know we were caught in the wrong.  If the fine is less than the time and salary lost going to court, most will just choose to pay it.

Except I don't believe we were in the wrong. The government is violating not only our Constitutional Rights but our God-given rights the freedom of assembly and the freedom of movement.
It's disgusting, revolting and unbecoming of an American state.

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2020, 11:48:08 PM »
Except I don't believe we were in the wrong. The government is violating not only our Constitutional Rights but our God-given rights the freedom of assembly and the freedom of movement.
It's disgusting, revolting and unbecoming of an American state.

I was speaking (writing) in general terms about human nature.

I said "when we know we were caught in the wrong."  The inverse implies that you'd be more inclined to fight it if you felt you were in the right for whatever reason.

EDIT ***

I'd add to the above regarding human nature:  "unless you're a Democrat."  Apparently the laws aren't supposed to apply to them, particularly those in high public office.   :wacko:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 11:54:25 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

ptanabe

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2020, 12:20:48 AM »
I was speaking (writing) in general terms about human nature.

I said "when we know we were caught in the wrong."  The inverse implies that you'd be more inclined to fight it if you felt you were in the right for whatever reason.

EDIT ***

I'd add to the above regarding human nature:  "unless you're a Democrat."  Apparently the laws aren't supposed to apply to them, particularly those in high public office.   :wacko:
Fair enough. I'm just so frustrated. How can locals get nuts over a telescope but not a pep about being locked in thei house indefinitely? It's almost as if they are being played by the media?

ren

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2020, 08:19:26 AM »
Fair enough. I'm just so frustrated. How can locals get nuts over a telescope but not a pep about being locked in thei house indefinitely? It's almost as if they are being played by the media?
Yes, we are. Front headlines is Covid data. Daily case counts and deaths. Flu killed more than 600 in Hawaii 2017.

drck1000

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2020, 08:24:54 AM »
Interesting perspective on correlation to influenza in a region. Read a TLDW summary a friend posted, but it doesn’t bode well for mainland US.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1Fbd9qJbQjWlYJa8aMOFbz6uGqKmK4sk4kYwayjWxksT-mNigUR6Dc7bA&feature=share&v=8UvFhIFzaac

ptanabe

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2020, 09:07:36 AM »
Interesting perspective on correlation to influenza in a region. Read a TLDW summary a friend posted, but it doesn’t bode well for mainland US.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?fbclid=IwAR1Fbd9qJbQjWlYJa8aMOFbz6uGqKmK4sk4kYwayjWxksT-mNigUR6Dc7bA&feature=share&v=8UvFhIFzaac

Lol at first I thought TLDW meant "too long don't write" then watched the video and realized it probably meant "Too long don't watch".
Here's the shorter, more millennial version for those with a shorter attention span and speak sarcasm fluently.

drck1000

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2020, 09:28:58 AM »
Lol at first I thought TLDW meant "too long don't write" then watched the video and realized it probably meant "Too long don't watch".
Here's the shorter, more millennial version for those with a shorter attention span and speak sarcasm fluently.

Ahh. Haha. My bad. “Too long didn’t watch”. My buddy posted a written summary for those who thought the video was too long. Like me. I’ll usually go back and watch later tho.

I’m not millennial, but just many times no time or desire to watch lengthy videos from social media.

ptanabe

« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2020, 09:35:38 AM »
Ahh. Haha. My bad. “Too long didn’t watch”. My buddy posted a written summary for those who thought the video was too long. Like me. I’ll usually go back and watch later tho.

I’m not millennial, but just many times no time or desire to watch lengthy videos from social media.

Well I'm on the border of GenX and Millennial depending on whose definition you read. But I have noticed that I do feel "entitled" to Constitutional and Natural Rights which I can see other generations frowning upon.
Anyway check out that vid it's very entertaining.

zippz

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »
Very informative article in Civil Beat today.  Time for the Feds to continue their work cleaning up HPD.  Here's some excerpts.

https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/09/honolulu-police-are-issuing-an-unprecedented-number-of-pandemic-tickets/

In the last month alone, the Honolulu Police Department has issued approximately 44,000 citations related to the mayor’s pandemic rules and arrested 65 people for violations.

A July 23 memo titled “DISTRICT 7 MOVING FORWARD” said that effective immediately, the 18 officers in East Honolulu would be expected to meet a “daily performance goal” of two citations per day, according to a copy of the notice obtained by Civil Beat. 

Despite these difficulties, Ballard said at Wednesday’s police commission meeting that HPD has no intention of slowing down.
 “Obviously, we are not going to stop issuing citations, warnings or arrests if necessary,” she said.
Join the Hawaii Firearms Coalition at www.hifico.org.  Hawaii's new non-profit gun rights organization focused on lobbying and grassroots activism.

Hawaii Shooting Calendar - https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=practicalmarksman.com_btllod1boifgpp8dcjnbnruhso%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=Pacific/Honolulu

ren

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2020, 10:32:14 AM »
so instead of looking at more serious property crimes which as a result of this Pan Pacific "pandemic" they focused on arresting and citing non violent citizens for exercising constitutional rights of freedom. My neighbor just had her phone taken away by a potential burglar this past Sunday. Just last night we had a truck convoy with a real, authentic sounding police siren and flashing (non blue) lights. People were pulling over on the side thinking that it was a real police vehicle. Apparently it is legal to have a real sounding police siren on your vehicle.
Real crime is rising and HPD enforces the stupid rules put out by a stupid mayor. They've said they listen to the science on "climate change" and covid. Heed your own advice. Listen to the science mayor! Earn your full time pay

From that article:
It’s all part of a strategy to heavily police the outdoors despite the fact that scientists have said for months that the virus spreads mostly indoors, either person to person or through breathing in droplets hanging in the air. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention actually encourages people to use outdoor spaces while following social distancing guidelines about staying at least 6 feet apart

oldfart

« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2020, 09:16:06 AM »
With hundreds/thousands of these being dismissed its sets precedence for all the other cases. I wasn’t worried about it, more angry and frustrated that it is a waste on resources at an extreme level.
As I write this I am in an on line courtroom with at least 150 other people.
This virtual coutroom to hear these covid citations is a complete joke.

What, Me Worry?

oldfart

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2020, 10:24:04 AM »
Well,....
After being put on hold for 1 hour, my case was dismissed.
I'm still bitter and pissed off about this whole thing.
....need to go walk the stupid dog now

But I better check to see what the restrictions-du-jour are.
Every time Caldwell goes on tv, the laws change.
What, Me Worry?

hvybarrels

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • board waxed - powder dry
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2020, 11:28:07 AM »
I could get angry, but this is actually wonderful. Finally people are seeing before their eyes what we have been telling them all along. The state is run by communists. Stop voting for them.

punaperson

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2020, 03:32:17 PM »
I could get angry, but this is actually wonderful. Finally people are seeing before their eyes what we have been telling them all along. The state is run by communists. Stop voting for them.
Oh. I thought the story here was "The state is run by communists. Keep voting for them."

The recent Hawaii election returns, at all levels, appeared to confirm that view. Do you have some evidence to the contrary? Why would people start to catch on to the nature of the irrational statist authoritarian diktats only now after 8 months?

oldfart

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2020, 07:06:56 AM »
In case you missed the big story yesterday. ....
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/11/20/hpd-suspends-covid-enforcement-patrols-after-audit-finds-major-overtime-violations/
------------
"The Honolulu Police Department confirms it has canceled special COVID-19 enforcement patrols amid allegations of overtime abuse, including against at least 10 officers who were found to have logged from 200 to more than 300 hours of overtime over five weeks."
What, Me Worry?

punaperson

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »
In case you missed the big story yesterday. ....
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/11/20/hpd-suspends-covid-enforcement-patrols-after-audit-finds-major-overtime-violations/
------------
"The Honolulu Police Department confirms it has canceled special COVID-19 enforcement patrols amid allegations of overtime abuse, including against at least 10 officers who were found to have logged from 200 to more than 300 hours of overtime over five weeks."
What?! You don't think these guys/gals were all serving their community 16 1/2 hours per day, 7 days a week, for 5 weeks? I'm sure they all did it out of their concern for "THE VIRUS!!!" being spread in the community. They probably weren't even aware they were earning overtime, and if they were I'm sure they donated that amount to the charity of their choice, or gave it back to Ige so he could waste it somewhere else. No?

Flapp_Jackson

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2020, 01:36:31 PM »
What?! You don't think these guys/gals were all serving their community 16 1/2 hours per day, 7 days a week, for 5 weeks? I'm sure they all did it out of their concern for "THE VIRUS!!!" being spread in the community. They probably weren't even aware they were earning overtime, and if they were I'm sure they donated that amount to the charity of their choice, or gave it back to Ige so he could waste it somewhere else. No?

What jumped out at me was the phrase "over 5 weeks." 

There are 168 total hours in a 7-day week.  Let's assume 8 hours are required for rest, so the Cops are not punchy.  That's now 112 hours MAX per week.

In most gov't jobs, overtime can only be charged ABOVE the first 40 hours worked in a pay-week.  Let's ignore 2-week pay periods.  The rules for that vary.

If you have to work 40 regular hours before getting overtime, then 5 weeks would contain 5 * 40 = 200 regular hours worked.

To hit 300 OT hours, they need 200 REG + 300 OT == 500 hours worked each week on average.  Divided by 5 weeks = 100 hours per week total.

So, in essence, they want us to pay OT to officers who worked 100 hours in a week, just 12 shy of the number of work hours possible, over 7 days, each day being 16 hours long?

I'd like to follow these Cops and see where they are napping, shopping, getting their cars worked on, visiting friends and family, etc, etc.  There's no way these officers are fully engaged 16 hours a day, 7 days a week for 5 weeks!

And 200 hours reduces the hours worked to 400 per week.  That's still 80 hour work-weeks.  If scheduled over 7 days, that's almost 11.5 hours per day.

On top of that, I'm sure they get paid time for meals. 

Imagine how ineffective a Cop who works that many hours in a day/week/month would be in court.  When asked about a specific case, his memories have GOT to be just one big blurr.
Surely Not Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting.

QUIETShooter

« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »
Chief Ballard, you should hold a press conference and explain.  Then stay there and answer all questions by reporters.

Be sure to include those famous statements that David, Kirk, and Josh always say:  "We are actively working with........" and "We are currently engaged in conversations with......"

You know, the usual run around that Hawaii leaders do.  It's fun, frustrating, and infuriating to watch although sadly I'm becoming so used to it I expect it.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.