The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu (Read 7389 times)

QUIETShooter

The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« on: September 16, 2020, 06:29:31 AM »
I confess I'm not well versed in politics but isn't the Mayor's race non-partisan?

I'm irritated and annoyed when Amemiya touts himself as a Democrat running for mayor.  I just saw a commercial (first time I saw him not smiling his con-man smile and looked serious as if he's genuinely concerned :rofl:) of his and it's titled THE DEMOCRAT Amemiya for mayor.

I still remember as a small kid I asked my parents what the difference was between democrat and republican and all they said was when I get old enough, vote for the candidates that has D next to their name.

One of the very few advisories I did not heed word for word as I've been voting both sides of the fence over the years.  I've found that both sides of this fence sometimes have the dreaded "C".  For corruption.

If Amemiya gets elected will he really run his office and duties non-partisan? 

Cannot help but think when election day comes people will go "oooohhh....Amemiya.  Democrat.  I going vote for him."

And I cannot help but think that if asked why, they going say "I dunno.  But he democrat...."
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:26 AM »
people forget that his cousin Roy is the target of a federal investigation...yay Democrats
Hawaii people sure have an appetite for nepotism.
Suggest this anti-Amemiya PAC Aloha ‘Aina ‘Oia’i’o
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/2020/07/16/pac-targets-amemiya-campaign-mailer/
Deeds Not Words

Heavies

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 09:42:18 PM »
SCAMemiya is a vote for nothing changes..   I'll have to vote for the other guy, hoping he's a smidge better. :crazy:

oldfart

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 07:13:04 AM »
I noticed amamiya running negative political ads on tv.
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 09:39:14 AM »
Yeah.  He was mentioning about how a certain candidate will use a "take it or leave it" approach to government that he feels is similar to a particular "president".

Amemiya feels that "compassion" should be used when dealing with the homeless.  Well, it's been used for years now and the problem still exists.  Why?.  In my opinion it's because the actual homeless people that are willing and wanting to be helped get back on their feet is a very small percentage.  The majority of the homeless are divided between mental illness and drugs and laziness.

They don't want to be helped.  So I for one objects tax money being used for those not wanting to better or help themselves.

I do agree that we need better mental health programs.

Blangiardi's approach to homeless is a "tough love" type of approach.  Hence why Amemiya feels he lacks "compassion".

Blangiardi also took offense to Amemiya's referral to a "take it or leave it" type of leadership.

If you ask me it's happening now with our leaders who Amemiya claims he has no connection to.  BS.  This guy is very well connected.

Like I mentioned in earlier posts, gotta watch this guy.  His smile reminds me of Ige's.  And that song with the lyrics:  "smiling faces, smiling faces, they lie........."
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 10:17:14 AM »
Yeah.  He was mentioning about how a certain candidate will use a "take it or leave it" approach to government that he feels is similar to a particular "president".

Amemiya feels that "compassion" should be used when dealing with the homeless.  Well, it's been used for years now and the problem still exists.  Why?.  In my opinion it's because the actual homeless people that are willing and wanting to be helped get back on their feet is a very small percentage.  The majority of the homeless are divided between mental illness and drugs and laziness.

They don't want to be helped.  So I for one objects tax money being used for those not wanting to better or help themselves.

I do agree that we need better mental health programs.

Blangiardi's approach to homeless is a "tough love" type of approach.  Hence why Amemiya feels he lacks "compassion".

Blangiardi also took offense to Amemiya's referral to a "take it or leave it" type of leadership.

If you ask me it's happening now with our leaders who Amemiya claims he has no connection to.  BS.  This guy is very well connected.

Like I mentioned in earlier posts, gotta watch this guy.  His smile reminds me of Ige's.  And that song with the lyrics:  "smiling faces, smiling faces, they lie........."

Not only do we "show compassion" to the homeless, we enable it by providing money, food, medical treatment and clothing.  Some would say we subsidize homelessness.

When you subsidize behavior, you get more of it.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

hvybarrels

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 10:44:41 AM »
Which candidate is Soros supporting through the Open Society Foundation or any of this other pet projects? This would go a long way as far as helping me to make a decision, although the whole political dynasty thing is a real turn off at this point.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

drck1000

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 01:03:45 PM »
SNIP

Cannot help but think when election day comes people will go "oooohhh....Amemiya.  Democrat.  I going vote for him."

And I cannot help but think that if asked why, they going say "I dunno.  But he democrat...."
There's that, but lots who will like vote for him because he's a recognized name in the community, despite his background or whether or not he will actually serve the people of Honolulu County.  I also know many who would likely vote for Amemiya because he's Asian.  Similar to a bunch of friends who would vote for someone just because they went to the same HS with ZERO knowledge of their political leanings, or even political failings.  I still can understand how people of Hawaii can think Obama was such a great President. 

QUIETShooter

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 03:44:54 PM »
There's that, but lots who will like vote for him because he's a recognized name in the community, despite his background or whether or not he will actually serve the people of Honolulu County.  I also know many who would likely vote for Amemiya because he's Asian.  Similar to a bunch of friends who would vote for someone just because they went to the same HS with ZERO knowledge of their political leanings, or even political failings.  I still can understand how people of Hawaii can think Obama was such a great President.

Yeah, was like this long time in Hawaii.  In my opinion more so than in other states.  I wish it wasn't so but it is a reality.

I'm just really irritated that he labels himself "The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

ren

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 04:03:58 PM »
There's that, but lots who will like vote for him because he's a recognized name in the community, despite his background or whether or not he will actually serve the people of Honolulu County.  I also know many who would likely vote for Amemiya because he's Asian.  Similar to a bunch of friends who would vote for someone just because they went to the same HS with ZERO knowledge of their political leanings, or even political failings.  I still can understand how people of Hawaii can think Obama was such a great President.

case in point, Augie T. Voters in my district didn't want an educated person with leadership experience.
Deeds Not Words

macsak

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 07:14:21 PM »
There's that, but lots who will like vote for him because he's a recognized name in the community, despite his background or whether or not he will actually serve the people of Honolulu County.  I also know many who would likely vote for Amemiya because he's Asian.  Similar to a bunch of friends who would vote for someone just because they went to the same HS with ZERO knowledge of their political leanings, or even political failings.  I still can understand how people of Hawaii can think Obama was such a great President.

kinda like people voting for o'bama because he "from Hawaii" and didn't do shit for our state except to mess up traffic whenever he came to waste taxpayer money on vacations
oh, wait
he did make a wildlife sanctuary in the NW Hawaiian islands and screw up our local fishermen, while still allowing foreign vessels to fish there...

drck1000

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 07:33:06 PM »
Yeah, was like this long time in Hawaii.  In my opinion more so than in other states.  I wish it wasn't so but it is a reality.

I'm just really irritated that he labels himself "The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu.
I'm sure it happens in other states where folks vote based on name recognition, race, etc.  The name recognition one especially kills me when a corrupt family is exposed and their just as corrupt offspring gets voted in and folks wonder why things don't change.  Saw that in WA state. 

case in point, Augie T. Voters in my district didn't want an educated person with leadership experience.
Could be worse, they could be voting for Wil Espero because his name sounds, well, you can guess. . .

kinda like people voting for o'bama because he "from Hawaii" and didn't do shit for our state except to mess up traffic whenever he came to waste taxpayer money on vacations
oh, wait
he did make a wildlife sanctuary in the NW Hawaiian islands and screw up our local fishermen, while still allowing foreign vessels to fish there...
He from Hawaii, and from Punahou.  Pride in the homeboy on many levels.  :facepalm: 

I really don't get why people see him a such a great President, and even worst, Michelle Obama as some sort of great woman.  Obama did nothing but start and increase the width of many divides that are tearing apart this country.  Nevermind his F%#ing awful foreign policies, some of which sadly many won't ever see the damage that his policies caused.

macsak

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 08:13:42 PM »

Could be worse, they could be voting for Wil Espero because his name sounds, well, you can guess. . .
He from Hawaii, and from Punahou.  Pride in the homeboy on many levels.  :facepalm: 


they vote for wil becoz he rock da kangol…
 ::)

ren

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 10:38:31 AM »
Douchebag Amemiya throwing down the Trump card and the party card
https://www.civilbeat.org/2020/09/in-new-tv-ad-amemiya-compares-blangiardi-to-trump/
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 06:10:00 PM »
Wow!!  Look at all the "status quo" the newcomer Amemiya will have to please....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Same old, same old.  Remember Amemiya, be a good boy and listen to us.  Cause we Democrat. LOL!!

And the same old same old is how we do things around here.  We just use "new" guys like you.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

QUIETShooter

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 07:39:53 AM »
News this morning showed Blangiardi leading the race with 40+ percent over Amemiya's 28%.

Amemiya is campaigning as "The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu" :rofl:

Blangiardi shows a sizable amount of Democrats that would vote for him.  In the high 20 percentile.  Not bad showing for a candidate whose opponent claims the Democratic party backs him.

People are showing they are tired of the old boys network and want a fresh new bull in the pen.

And by the way did anyone see the new ad Amemiya is running.  It shows Blangiardi saying he voted for Trump in the beginning of the ad.  Then the ad proceeds to show the wonderful things amemiya will do if elected mayor of honolulu.  Then the ad ends again with Blangiardi saying he voted for Trump.

What an asshole typical politician low-life move by the wonderful Democrat for Mayor of Honolulu. :rofl:

That's all this jerk was doing from the beginning.  Trying to taint his opponents integrity and character.

In my opinion it shows he is desperate.  But these tactics will not help him.  Anything can happen from now till election time but it really looks like he shot himself in the foot.

Anyone saw the recent debate?  Amemiya talks about "we need this....we need that...."  Typical generic politician bullshit.  Everyone in this fuckin island knows what we need.....tell us WHAT YOU PLAN TO DO SO WE CAN GET THERE.

Blangiardi did just that.  What he plans to do.  On other subjects he admits he needs to access the situation to plan an itinerary as to how to tackle the situation.  He even mentions realistic timelines that we will have to suffer to bring us back to stable conditions.  Honest, no bullshit answers.  Some of them not pretty but it is what it is and he is willing to tackle them head on.

One last thing.  The way Amemiya presents himself.  How he moves his head on a tilt sideways while he talks. How it seems his rhetoric has been written for him by his uncles in the old boys network.   He looks like an Ige talking like a Caldwell.

As you can see I really don't like Amemiya and his political platform but it was fun writing this. ;)

 

Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

macsak

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 07:45:22 AM »
amemiya has the support of black lives matter...

oldfart

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 07:47:32 AM »
Amemiya's negative ads really surprise me.
My initial impression was that he was a kinder and gentler candidate.
What, Me Worry?

oldfart

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 07:49:15 AM »
amemiya has the support of black lives matter...
==========
are you kidding or serious?
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: The Democrat Amemiya for Mayor of Honolulu
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 07:51:36 AM »
==========
are you kidding or serious?
it is on social media that BLM supports Weasel Memiya
Deeds Not Words