Hawaii politics (Read 26984 times)

drck1000

Re: Hawaii politics
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2020, 10:01:35 AM »
That's the problem, there are tons of government dept and private sectors who follow this philosophy.  I have a friend whos an electrical engineer and ordered a bunch of bolts that cost $40,000 each to fill the spending to the brim.  This is my tax dollars.  I asked how often are these bolts used and he said every now and then.  But now they're stocked up for at least 5 years.
Should've spent it on N95 masks. . .

Oh, and tinfoil. . .

 :rofl:

Inspector

Re: Hawaii politics
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2020, 10:09:35 AM »
I never saw it but would hear all the time about my SIL (who is since retired)  talk about how her job is to access contractor work and report to her bosses about the money situation in the current budget.

Everytime there was excess money in the budget the boss would tell her to allot the money for frivolous contracts because if they reported excess their next fiscal allotment will be cut.

It never went well with her when he directed her to do this and I've always told her it never sat well with me also.  She was very happy when she could retire.  It came to the point where she felt her very existence in her job was to spend the whole budget no matter how stupid the reason was.
I feel her pain. I have several friends that confided similar feelings to me. It is sad that one feels their job is in jeopardy if one says something. Or they get transferred to the department where no one wants to be. I always worked as an outside contractor so it never directly affected me. It just killed me that I was taking the place of a government employee on a project. All the while the employees sat in their offices watching youtube videos, shopping on Amazon/eBay etc. Talk about government waste.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: Hawaii politics
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »
I feel her pain. I have several friends that confided similar feelings to me. It is sad that one feels their job is in jeopardy if one says something. Or they get transferred to the department where no one wants to be. I always worked as an outside contractor so it never directly affected me. It just killed me that I was taking the place of a government employee on a project. All the while the employees sat in their offices watching youtube videos, shopping on Amazon/eBay etc. Talk about government waste.
When I was a summer student, there was a guy named "Johnny Do Nothing".  I fricken totally serious.  Buggah took forever to read the daily newspaper.  Might have been doing the crossword puzzle too.   :crazy:  :grrr:

Inspector

Re: Hawaii politics
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2020, 10:17:04 AM »
When I was a summer student, there was a guy named "Johnny Do Nothing".  I fricken totally serious.  Buggah took forever to read the daily newspaper.  Might have been doing the crossword puzzle too.   :crazy:  :grrr:
Send Johnny to the cornfield!

SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!