OpticsPlanet (Read 930 times)

drck1000

Re: OpticsPlanet
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2020, 08:21:20 AM »
Yup, UPS surepost.  Basically economy ground.  Gets put on a boat so you’ll we it show as transferred to local post office.  Then stays the same stays for a week or two as is comes across the ocean.

I now just assume it will take a week or two to arrive from most vendors.

Though my go to is now primary arms, joebobsoutfitters, armorally, righttobear and lanbosarmory. 

If you’re willing to wait dvor.com which is owned by OP is a good site. Basically run sales for 5 days at decent discounts but then it disappears.  Essentially like a group buy event. If you miss something just wait a few weeks or months and it comes back in rotation. Can get stuff for for 40% off sometimes.
Yeah, I have come to that assumption as well from certain vendors.  In general, not a big deal.  Just something I noticed.  That said, if a vendor reports 2-3 day shipping and does the above, I'll be irritated. 

Track it on the UPS site.  Once it gets transferred it will show the tracking number USPS uses.
I'll check it out.  I typically just click the link that the vendor sends and it's usually UPS.  Once I see the noticed of transfer to USPS, like Tacozfail above, I just assume the item will arrive in about a week or so.  It's taken longer for some items though. 

aaronc5362

« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2020, 09:32:19 PM »
Midway uses that surepost stuff too. I remember back in 2007-2010, they never tacked on that extra 10 bucks to hawaii bs and shipped very fast.

Yea i agree with all of you... and if it gets relayed in : city of industry, CA. Tack on another week. Lol

kainoa999

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2020, 12:15:21 PM »
Primary arms 3x prism scope w/ACSS reticle and ISO tabs for my charging handle pretty much an extension.  Was going to order directly from PA but they didn’t have the tabs I wanted so I went with OP.

FYI - if you ordered the Primary Arms 3x32 Gen III Compact Prism Scope 5.56 version the website lists it as "Extended backorder - unknown ETA".

The trick with OP is to look under the 'Add to Cart' button - it will list the item as In Stock, Est. Shipping time, or Backorder. Occasionally the In Stock status is incorrect - after learning this I resorted to emailing them ton confirm. In Stock items ship super quick. I've gotten things as quick as 4 days. Stay away from the Value Shipping method.

Another tip - the coupon code 'HONEY' will give you 5% off everything. I've used this code about 6x since June and it still works.

Jonny_Christo

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2020, 01:39:11 PM »
FYI - if you ordered the Primary Arms 3x32 Gen III Compact Prism Scope 5.56 version the website lists it as "Extended backorder - unknown ETA".

The trick with OP is to look under the 'Add to Cart' button - it will list the item as In Stock, Est. Shipping time, or Backorder. Occasionally the In Stock status is incorrect - after learning this I resorted to emailing them ton confirm. In Stock items ship super quick. I've gotten things as quick as 4 days. Stay away from the Value Shipping method.

Another tip - the coupon code 'HONEY' will give you 5% off everything. I've used this code about 6x since June and it still works.

Yep that’s the one I ordered.  When I purchased on Sept 28 it was still in stock.  Emailed them and confirmed that my order was being packaged and ready to ship. Still no tracking number, so I guess it’s just a waiting game

Glasser

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2020, 05:57:33 PM »
I wont order from them again, I paid for a shipping upgrade (+$20) and they instead sent it bargain rate USPS parcel post, literally was shipped ON A BOAT to Hawaii and took 7 weeks to arrive. Neither OP nor the USPS postal inspector could find the dead tracking.  OP gave me a refund as a lost shipment, and weeks later when it arrived they called and left me message saying they wanted to be paid since I received the item. No one answered to call back number they left in my voicemail or responded to the CS email about the issue. I had to pursue them for 2 weeks to make things square. They did give me a discount vs. the order, but still fuck them they run a shitty business.

OPs pricing isnt good enough to deal with how sloppy they are.

On the other end of the spectrum I made a warranty claim with Caldwell for a rifle rest and they took 2+ months to respond (blaming China Flu) but when they did reply  they sent me a freebie after a single email reply with pics and sent it 2nd Day air.

Fuck Optics Planet, there are a dozen easier ways to spend your money.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:03:56 PM by Glasser »

Jonny_Christo

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2020, 10:08:08 AM »
I wont order from them again, I paid for a shipping upgrade (+$20) and they instead sent it bargain rate USPS parcel post, literally was shipped ON A BOAT to Hawaii and took 7 weeks to arrive. Neither OP nor the USPS postal inspector could find the dead tracking.  OP gave me a refund as a lost shipment, and weeks later when it arrived they called and left me message saying they wanted to be paid since I received the item. No one answered to call back number they left in my voicemail or responded to the CS email about the issue. I had to pursue them for 2 weeks to make things square. They did give me a discount vs. the order, but still fuck them they run a shitty business.

OPs pricing isnt good enough to deal with how sloppy they are.

On the other end of the spectrum I made a warranty claim with Caldwell for a rifle rest and they took 2+ months to respond (blaming China Flu) but when they did reply  they sent me a freebie after a single email reply with pics and sent it 2nd Day air.

Fuck Optics Planet, there are a dozen easier ways to spend your money.
Yep most likely won’t be ordering from them again.  I understand that shippings all messed up because of everything going on but stating that items are shipping out 1-3 days and still haven’t received any updates since 9/28 is complete bull in my opinion.  Every email reply is just an automated message.  I’ll give it another week until I cancel my order.  Sounds like some people have some good experiences but based on my first I most likely won’t be a repeat customer.

drck1000

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2020, 10:24:03 AM »
Wow! That sucks! Bad CS and no response is bad. I had a really bad experience with Geissele recently. They had over extended and we’re way behind on fulfilling their orders. What made it worse was that whoever was responding to their SM accounts was talking smack back to obviously frustrated customers. They make great products and will still likely buy them, but that experience really soured things with me with Geissele.

Not going to boycott them as their products are awesome. Though I did give them an “email full” about their staff’s response.