Dea Matrona cover of Gloria (Read 2951 times)

astroboy

Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« on: October 14, 2020, 11:21:26 PM »
I love this cover by Dea Matrona more than the original version. Sorry Van.
The gal with the Epiphone guitar reminds me of Jacklyn Smith. Any of my fellow oldtimers remember this song?

oldfart

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 07:28:05 AM »
Me like  :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 10:12:02 AM »
Thanks for sharing this.  I like it! 

There's something about a girl playing a bass guitar or playing drums.  They look so cute, cool, and HOT all at the same time..... :thumbsup:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Rocky

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 02:16:29 PM »
Thanks for sharing this.  I like it! 
There's something about a girl playing a bass guitar or playing drums.  They look so cute, cool, and HOT all at the same time..... :thumbsup:
Ditto. Problem is the sisters look and remind me of my Daughter & Gran-Daughter  >:(
Getting Tooooooo old.
But I like their 60's-ish flower child attire. Elephant bottoms, paisley and choice of music.
Carole King, Chuck Berry, Stevie Ray Vaughn , Beatles, FleetMac, Buffalo Springfield, Hendrix, Led Zep, Ozzie  :D
Then flip them over and it's AC/DC, Guns and Roses, and the Ramones ! :o
Somebody raised them well  :rofl:
Gonna have to make a file for these gurls.

Nice chicken skin CSN remake duet here
https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video;_ylt=Awr9DtGN4ohf3RwAVE5XNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNncTEEcG9zAzEEdnRpZANDMDY3Ml8xBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=Dea+Matrona&fr2=piv-web&fr=opensearch#id=6&vid=303694dedfc8667628381a98dc648e43&action=view
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

robtmc

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2020, 04:01:46 PM »
A lot easier on the eyes than Morrison.......

astroboy

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 11:17:53 AM »

changemyoil66

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 11:58:08 AM »
I just ordered my 2nd Rammstein CD.

groveler

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
I just ordered my 2nd Rammstein CD.


I thought "Du Hast" song was better.
But I'm probably the only senior citizen
that likes Rammstein or even knows who they are.
Wife won't let me play the music when she is around.

astroboy

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 01:37:14 PM »
Even though I am an oldster, I also like Rammstein. You do not need English lyrics to appreciate their music. The videos of their concerts are amazing.
I like male and female vocals but I have a preference ( oops sorry Mazie Hirono ) for female vocals. If that makes me sexist and wrong then I don't wanna
be right. 

changemyoil66

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 02:15:29 PM »
Du Hast was their break into the mainstream USA market. I A few movies used it.  I agree also my fav song of theirs.  I was in high school when the song came out. You old futts.

Wish they came to HI, but IDK if HI would allow the flames and pyro.

astroboy

Re: Dea Matrona cover of Gloria
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2020, 08:38:22 AM »