Political humor (Read 1946 times)

groveler

Political humor
« on: October 15, 2020, 05:40:37 PM »
I didn't want to put this in political but this is a hoot;

https://babylonbee.com/news/facebook-bans-babylon-bee-for-being-too-accurate

I don't do FB or Twitter but this web place was too good,
given the modern Democrat driven censorshit we all suffer with.
I misspelled that on purpose.

robtmc

Re: Political humor
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 06:06:03 PM »
Babylon Bee is very often more true to the facts than the fake news media empire.

Satire can be very close to truth.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Political humor
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2020, 06:50:26 PM »
Babylon Bee is very often more true to the facts than the fake news media empire.

Satire can be very close to truth.

Yep.  More than once the BB created a satirical made-up story, only to have that story materialize in reality.

I remember Rush Limbaugh routinely pontificated on what stupid, crazy, unhinged thing the Liberal-Progressives would do next, only to report soon after that they actually did it!

He said it seemed the Looney Left was taking his fantastic sarcasm as a challenge.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

RSN172

Re: Political humor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2020, 07:42:04 PM »
George Carlin had some good ones.  I can only imagine what he would say about Covid, protests and the politics today.  I miss that guy.
Happily living in Puna

6716J

Re: Political humor
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2020, 09:18:32 PM »
George Carlin had some good ones.  I can only imagine what he would say about Covid, protests and the politics today.  I miss that guy.
Ask and receive





Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.