No room for Centrists anymore (Read 17110 times)

aieahound

No room for Centrists anymore
« on: October 18, 2020, 11:32:31 PM »
I originally posted this in abortion thread because it references that but good interview by Joe Rogan.

No room for Centrists anymore. 

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2020, 06:22:06 AM »
This exactly 100%.  Though most of the Republicans here can't seem to see this ...

ren

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 08:30:57 AM »
This exactly 100%.  Though most of the Republicans here can't seem to see this ...

How do you know all of us are, like, Republicans? Did you literally Google ALL of us? Like, there's no way dude.
Deeds Not Words

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 08:37:22 AM »
How do you know all of us are, like, Republicans? Did you literally Google ALL of us? Like, there's no way dude.

So far is appears most people here act and vote like Republicans.  Supporting many of their current view points. Is this an incorrect assumption?

Jl808

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 09:55:19 AM »
Yes, that is an incorrect assumption.  There's all walks of life here, including Republicans, Independents, Democrats and others.

We are in Hawaii after all and there actually are Democrats that are pro-gun.

Some groups are more vocal than others.

For the most part, most people here happen to agree on 2A rights being important. 


I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 10:01:10 AM »
Yes, that is an incorrect assumption.  There's all walks of life here, including Republicans, Independents, Democrats and others.

We are in Hawaii after all and there actually are Democrats that are pro-gun.

Some groups are more vocal than others.

For the most part, most people here happen to agree on 2A rights being important.

I apologize you are correct,  I was referring to the vocal ones.  Though I was reminded that you can't vote for Biden if you are pro gun,  so not sure how democrats fit in.  It gets a bit convoluted at that point.

aieahound

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 10:43:37 AM »
Why people gotta be one or the other?
I vote both sides of the ticket.

Voted for Trump for President. (R). (Although I do own a Joe Biden double barrel o’justice)
Voted for Sam Kong for Rep. (D)

It just seems like the sides are backing more and more into corners.

Dang I miss Ross Perot.

drck1000

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 10:50:39 AM »
Personally, I believe I am pretty close to centrist, but with slight lean to the right.  Not everything right leaning, but mostly because of 2a issues.  From a number of close friends that shoot and/or train with firearms, many are similar.  I'm not saying that all are like that, but it's not like all gun folks are these staunch uber-right wingers.  Yeah, I think we tend to see the vocal ones, but I would say there are more who remain relatively silent. 

groveler

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 11:24:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure I'm not a Centrist.
I don't like Republicans and I despise Democrats.
I tolerate all religions except Islam mainly because
I don't consider Islam to be a religion, it is a war
machine.
I'm a Libertarian that believes in a "shock and awe"
military capability anywhere, any place on Earth.
I think these "Green" people belong on Mars.
eg far away from normal humans.
What is my point?
It is really hard to, and not very compelling to,
classify people into a specific set.
Unfortunately America has devolved into a Binary system.
That works great in Digital computers, but is not very good
when dealing with Analog, non-deterministic humans.




eyeeatingfish

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 08:06:46 PM »
I originally posted this in abortion thread because it references that but good interview by Joe Rogan.

No room for Centrists anymore. 

You are speaking the truth brother. The vocal extremes want you to pick one side or the other, no room for moderate positions. If you take a moderate stance both sides will consider you to be on the other side. And if you vote for a third party they blame you for their candidate not winning.

I wouldn't say I am a centrist either though, I consider myself a moderate conservative because Republican seems to have lost its meaning. I lean left on a few issues but right on more issues.

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2020, 06:39:42 AM »
You are speaking the truth brother. The vocal extremes want you to pick one side or the other, no room for moderate positions. If you take a moderate stance both sides will consider you to be on the other side. And if you vote for a third party they blame you for their candidate not winning.

I wouldn't say I am a centrist either though, I consider myself a moderate conservative because Republican seems to have lost its meaning. I lean left on a few issues but right on more issues.

I think it's the opposite if you take a moderate stance both sides will hate you for not being on their side. 

As someone is is fairly central i find this to be the case. Democrats and Republicans don't like my views because I share roughly evenly ish split between the two, if anything I lean Republican. Previously I leaned Republican far stronger but over the years they are abandoning the things that made them good like freedom.

Inspector

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2020, 07:22:36 AM »
Personally, I believe I am pretty close to centrist, but with slight lean to the right.  Not everything right leaning, but mostly because of 2a issues.  From a number of close friends that shoot and/or train with firearms, many are similar.  I'm not saying that all are like that, but it's not like all gun folks are these staunch uber-right wingers.  Yeah, I think we tend to see the vocal ones, but I would say there are more who remain relatively silent.
I am a registered Independent but was registered as a Libertarian for many years before that. I consider myself a Conservative economically with some liberal social leanings. Does that make me a centrist? I don’t know. I am not anti religion and I’m not anti Democrat, I’m not anti Republican. I just don’t go in any of those directions. I am anti BLM, anti Antifa, anti racism, and anti Progressive.

But I am mostly ANTI STOOOPID!!!!  :rofl:
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2020, 07:29:58 AM »
You guys make a good point.
Independent is a better description than Centrist.

Inspector

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2020, 07:35:40 AM »
So far is appears most people here act and vote like Republicans.  Supporting many of their current view points. Is this an incorrect assumption?
In your little bubble world that you live in, that is exactly how I see you feeling. But if you were to pay better attention to what some of the people here have already said you would realize you are wrong. You are compartmentalizing many of us that do not fall into the Republican mindset.

You asked the question. I think it is a good question. And I think you will be surprised by many of the answers. I have been very here vocal about my views on seniors (of course) abortion and welfare and the economy. None of which coincide with, or are ignored by, the Republican Party. There are a lot of us here that are not Republicans because we are fed up with the party.

What I want to know is how does one “Act like a Republican”??????? I think that is a quite prejudicial statement, don’t you?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

drck1000

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2020, 07:40:03 AM »
I am a registered Independent but was registered as a Libertarian for many years before that. I consider myself a Conservative economically with some liberal social leanings. Does that make me a centrist? I don’t know. I am not anti religion and I’m not anti Democrat, I’m not anti Republican. I just don’t go in any of those directions. I am anti BLM, anti Antifa, anti racism, and anti Progressive.

But I am mostly ANTI STOOOPID!!!!  :rofl:
My too. Anti stooopid, arrogance, and self-centered people. Oh, and people with no manners or common sense. Damn, I must hate a lot of folks. Haha

You guys make a good point.
Independent is a better description than Centrist.
Yeah, I don’t consider myself centrist. Closer to RDM (right down the middle). I’d actually have to look up what is considered Liberal or Conservative. To me that doesn’t matter. I go with what is rational to me. So when people tend to label me as one side or another, I find that amusing because I’m really not. That hasn’t resulted in my being hated by any side. But then again, I don’t approach subjects with extreme arrogance or narcissism.

Inspector

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 07:50:08 AM »
My too. Anti stooopid, arrogance, and self-centered people. Oh, and people with no manners or common sense. Damn, I must hate a lot of folks. Haha
Yeah, I don’t consider myself centrist. Closer to RDM (right down the middle). I’d actually have to look up what is considered Liberal or Conservative. To me that doesn’t matter. I go with what is rational to me. So when people tend to label me as one side or another, I find that amusing because I’m really not. That hasn’t resulted in my being hated by any side. But then again, I don’t approach subjects with extreme arrogance or narcissism.
Agreed. Attitude goes a long way. Unfortunately, those with the attitude don’t think there is anything wrong with their attitude.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2020, 08:03:31 AM »
In your little bubble world that you live in, that is exactly how I see you feeling. But if you were to pay better attention to what some of the people here have already said you would realize you are wrong. You are compartmentalizing many of us that do not fall into the Republican mindset.

You asked the question. I think it is a good question. And I think you will be surprised by many of the answers. I have been very here vocal about my views on seniors (of course) abortion and welfare and the economy. None of which coincide with, or are ignored by, the Republican Party. There are a lot of us here that are not Republicans because we are fed up with the party.

What I want to know is how does one “Act like a Republican”??????? I think that is a quite prejudicial statement, don’t you?

That's true I am wrong,  I realize I've been compartmentalizing everyone under the flapp flag which was incorrect.  I have the same feelings as you about the republican party.  Flapp is too overpowering.  Must have a filter.  My apologies.  "Act like a republican" for me right now is mostly anti-abortion and pro trump.  I know this isn't everything but its the most highlighted talking points atm. 

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2020, 08:09:38 AM »
My too. Anti stooopid, arrogance, and self-centered people. Oh, and people with no manners or common sense. Damn, I must hate a lot of folks. Haha
Yeah, I don’t consider myself centrist. Closer to RDM (right down the middle). I’d actually have to look up what is considered Liberal or Conservative. To me that doesn’t matter. I go with what is rational to me. So when people tend to label me as one side or another, I find that amusing because I’m really not. That hasn’t resulted in my being hated by any side. But then again, I don’t approach subjects with extreme arrogance or narcissism.

I think we are more alike than different.  I am starting to understand the individuals more now.  Just happens a bunch of you share the same viewpoint on abortion doesn't mean that you are all republican. 

drck1000

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2020, 08:15:46 AM »
That's true I am wrong,  I realize I've been compartmentalizing everyone under the flapp flag which was incorrect.  I have the same feelings as you about the republican party.  Flapp is too overpowering.  Must have a filter.  My apologies.  "Act like a republican" for me right now is mostly anti-abortion and pro trump.  I know this isn't everything but its the most highlighted talking points atm.

Forums are a filtered and unfiltered reflection of life.  If you have an issue with an individual, that's between you and that individual.  That's life.  Dunno why you feel the need to lump people together.  I have my views, you have yours, others have theirs.  Argue, discuss, disagree, end up not talking anymore, etc.  Whatever, but be mature about it. 

I think we are more alike than different.  I am starting to understand the individuals more now.  Just happens a bunch of you share the same viewpoint on abortion doesn't mean that you are all republican. 
In views, probably.  However, in approach, no.  I mean you be you, but a lot of the reason I call you out isn't on your views.  It's on your arrogant approach.  Be unapologetic about it, fine.  But don't expect people to just accept it. 

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2020, 08:27:17 AM »
Forums are a filtered and unfiltered reflection of life.  If you have an issue with an individual, that's between you and that individual.  That's life.  Dunno why you feel the need to lump people together.  I have my views, you have yours, others have theirs.  Argue, discuss, disagree, end up not talking anymore, etc.  Whatever, but be mature about it. 
In views, probably.  However, in approach, no.  I mean you be you, but a lot of the reason I call you out isn't on your views.  It's on your arrogant approach.  Be unapologetic about it, fine.  But don't expect people to just accept it.

Yes I agree,  its a bad habit of mine to lump people together for sake of argument ease.  Having 3 separate discussions of opposite views is harder to keep track then 1v1. I am working on fixing that. I don't fault you for having your own views, that's your own freedom.  Yes my approach is not that good.  That's a bit a personality trait/flaw.  I am confident borderline arrogant, its true.  I am attempting to tone that down.   But as with all personality traits its not something that can be changed overnight.  I believe, what I believe and do so strongly.  Though I do listen to reason and facts.  But things like abortion which is more "gray".  My opinions stand strong.