No room for Centrists anymore (Read 17134 times)

hvybarrels

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 10:15:00 AM »
I have been a registered independent since I could start voting. This election I am going down the line Republican because the Democratic party is run by lunatics. At least dirty corrupt Republicans do not want to destroy the entire system out of frustration when they lose.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Inspector

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2020, 03:28:36 AM »
That's true I am wrong,  I realize I've been compartmentalizing everyone under the flapp flag which was incorrect.  I have the same feelings as you about the republican party.  Flapp is too overpowering.  Must have a filter.  My apologies.  "Act like a republican" for me right now is mostly anti-abortion and pro trump.  I know this isn't everything but its the most highlighted talking points atm.
Just so you know, I am pro abortion with restrictions, and I voted for Trump in both elections (I voted early this year). I am pro welfare with restrictions. And I am very conservative when it comes to our economy. But I’m not a huge Trump fan. Where you and I have disagreed is in your massive over generalizations of people and policies. And of course all the things DRCK1000 said to you. I won’t harp on them. And another area you and I disagree is what trump has done that is good for our country. I purposely did not post a list because I know you wouldn’t see any of the good things he has done as good because of your massive TDS. In other words your personal prejudices. Not that I am trying to change your mind, but I think if you hear it from someone else, you might think twice about your perception that Trump has done no good.

I encourage you to watch the video I posted here:

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=38451.0

Ben Shapiro is an intelligent millennial libertarian who I have a lot of respect for. While I don’t agree with everything he says, and his religious beliefs notwithstanding he makes very intelligent well thought out arguments. Which will go against your feelings. But if you can put your feelings aside for a minute and humor me and watch this video, you will hear a short list of the major accomplishments that Trump has done. He has accomplished a lot of good things for this country. Again, I am not trying to change your mind because I know your feelings differ. I just wanted you to hear it from someone other than me.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2020, 06:19:59 AM »
Just so you know, I am pro abortion with restrictions, and I voted for Trump in both elections (I voted early this year). I am pro welfare with restrictions. And I am very conservative when it comes to our economy. But I’m not a huge Trump fan. Where you and I have disagreed is in your massive over generalizations of people and policies. And of course all the things DRCK1000 said to you. I won’t harp on them. And another area you and I disagree is what trump has done that is good for our country. I purposely did not post a list because I know you wouldn’t see any of the good things he has done as good because of your massive TDS. In other words your personal prejudices. Not that I am trying to change your mind, but I think if you hear it from someone else, you might think twice about your perception that Trump has done no good.

I encourage you to watch the video I posted here:

https://2ahawaii.com/index.php?topic=38451.0

Ben Shapiro is an intelligent millennial libertarian who I have a lot of respect for. While I don’t agree with everything he says, and his religious beliefs notwithstanding he makes very intelligent well thought out arguments. Which will go against your feelings. But if you can put your feelings aside for a minute and humor me and watch this video, you will hear a short list of the major accomplishments that Trump has done. He has accomplished a lot of good things for this country. Again, I am not trying to change your mind because I know your feelings differ. I just wanted you to hear it from someone other than me.

I just watched it.  He does have a few good points. Though some of the things like deregulation and prolife and all the religious things I disagree on.  As usual I do agree on some the anti democrat things.   I get what you are trying to say a bit.   At this point though I just dislike both sides.  They are both crap and I'm tired of voting for the lesser of evil. What about a non evil candidate for once.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 06:42:07 AM by omnigun »

Inspector

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2020, 06:56:03 AM »
I just watched it.  He does have a few good points. Though some of the things like deregulation and prolife and all the religious things I disagree on.  As usual I do agree on some the anti democrat things.   I get what you are trying to say a bit.   At this point though I just dislike both sides.  They are both crap and I'm tired of voting for the lesser of evil. What about a non evil candidate for once.
I hear ya about not liking both sides. I was once a Democrat as well. No party is perfect unfortunately. I was not expecting you to agree with anything he said. I just wanted you to hear what Trump has done that is good for the country from someone other than me. If you have room in your barf bag for listening to Ben Shapiro a little more often, I think you'll get a better understanding of what both sides really bring to the table. Ben doesn't pull any punches when Trump or the Dems do something stupid. If you really don't like either side, Ben will probably appeal to you. He has no agenda except to tell the truth and if he is giving his opinion he will state that before he goes on. That way you'll know what both sides are doing/saying and then how he feels about it. In other words, true journalism. That's hard to find these days.

The one thing I will warn you about Ben. He has a saying "The facts don't care about your feelings". So if you can put your feelings aside when you listen to him I think you might learn a lot like I do when I listen to his podcast.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Jl808

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2020, 07:46:40 AM »
BBC article on whether Trump has delivered on his promise or not.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000
I think, therefore I am armed.
NRA Life Patron member, HRA Life member, HiFiCo Life Member, HDF member

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved.

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2020, 08:38:55 AM »
BBC article on whether Trump has delivered on his promise or not.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

Interesting article.  Too bad half the things he delivered I don't agree with.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2020, 03:30:24 PM »
BBC article on whether Trump has delivered on his promise or not.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

It's true the ACA has not been repealed and replaced, but that's something he can't do alone.  He has at least dismantled parts of it, as was discussed in the article.

I think canceling the tax penalty for not having insurance is a MASSIVE win for the people.  The Gov't should never force us to buy an insurance plan from them under the guise of cost sharing.  People who can't afford a plan sure as hell can't afford the penalty.  It's the people and businesses who are just on the borderline between making enough and having too little income that are hurt most. 
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 03:32:23 PM »
Interesting article.  Too bad half the things he delivered I don't agree with.

Good thing the rest of us don't have to live under your ideology.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2020, 04:13:25 PM »
Interesting article.  Too bad half the things he delivered I don't agree with.

so you do admit that he accomplished a lot of things?
or you ignore the ones you don't agree with (feel)?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2020, 04:50:21 PM »
so you do admit that he accomplished a lot of things?
or you ignore the ones you don't agree with (feel)?

Trump didn't do enough to stop the COVID-19 pandemic.

He should have been in Wuhan inspecting their labs and documenting proper security protocols.

It's the Orange Man's fault!
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

macsak

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »
Trump didn't do enough to stop the COVID-19 pandemic.

He should have been in Wuhan inspecting their labs and documenting proper security protocols.

It's the Orange Man's fault!

cuomo said trump is responsible for every covid death
he's the superspreader!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2020, 05:00:09 PM »
cuomo said trump is responsible for every covid death
he's the superspreader!

Cuomo is one from a pair of identical twins. 

It's obvious they both share a single brain.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Inspector

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2020, 05:28:37 PM »
It's true the ACA has not been repealed and replaced, but that's something he can't do alone.  He has at least dismantled parts of it, as was discussed in the article.

I think canceling the tax penalty for not having insurance is a MASSIVE win for the people.  The Gov't should never force us to buy an insurance plan from them under the guise of cost sharing.  People who can't afford a plan sure as hell can't afford the penalty.  It's the people and businesses who are just on the borderline between making enough and having too little income that are hurt most.
But more regulation equals more freedom according to the idiot millennial.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2020, 06:01:25 PM »
But more regulation equals more freedom according to the idiot millennial.

"If you choose not to wear a mask, you're FREE to stay at home."

FREE-DUUUUMMMMMMMBBB!!!   :wacko:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2020, 06:05:44 PM »
But more regulation equals more freedom according to the idiot millennial.

Depending on the regulation yes.   You not dumping chemicals into the water gives more freedom to those who don't drink the water than the company who had the regulations. 

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2020, 06:07:48 PM »
"If you choose not to wear a mask, you're FREE to stay at home."

FREE-DUUUUMMMMMMMBBB!!!   :wacko:

You infecting me with covid what about my freedom to not catch your wacko germs. Same reasons not a doctor here can't be free and decide to not use gloves at work cause he believes his hands need to be freeeeee

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2020, 06:09:33 PM »
Depending on the regulation yes.   You not dumping chemicals into the water gives more freedom to those who don't drink the water than the company who had the regulations.

Nobody is purposely giving the virus to anyone.  If they test positive, that's one thing.  If they test negative, why can't they go without a mask?
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

omnigun

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2020, 06:11:28 PM »
Nobody is purposely giving the virus to anyone.  If they test positive, that's one thing.  If they test negative, why can't they go without a mask?

If they can prove every time they go out  they are negative that is fine. 

I'm just saying that because you can be non symptomatic and spread.  So unless you can prove you are covid free wear a mask.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2020, 06:13:25 PM »
You infecting me with covid what about my freedom to not catch your wacko germs

You have no such freedom.  Otherwise, everyone in an office space that catches a cold, the flu, or food poisoning ACCIDENTALLY from a coworker would be suing.

 it's really simple.  You can't force the well people to wear masks. We aren't talking about seatbelts.  We're talking about something you have to wear every day/all day to have any degree of effectiveness.

What about at home?  If my daughter becomes infected, and I tuck her in at night without her having a mask on, can my coworker sue me if I cough once through my mask and they catch it?

So many things wrong with mandatory masks.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: No room for Centrists anymore
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2020, 06:14:01 PM »
If they can prove every time they go out  they are negative that is fine. 

I'm just saying that because you can be non symptomatic and spread.  So unless you can prove you are covid free wear a mask.
:o

Not quite free for me, huh? But more free for you?

Animal House?