This is your range! (Read 3619 times)

groveler

This is your range!
« on: November 14, 2020, 07:20:50 PM »
For years I've read about Oahu Koko Head
this is the first time I've really got a feel for what you guys put up with

http://www.honolulu.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38579:koko-head-shooting-complex&catid=182:site-dpr-cat

I think I'll take my chances in a more rural setting.
Not requiring Government permission.

robtmc

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 07:57:37 PM »
For years I've read about Oahu Koko Head
this is the first time I've really got a feel for what you guys put up with
Yeah, well, as crowded as they are, at least they have a structured public shooting range.

OTOH, on the BI with all this empty land, we ain't got squat other than the lucky ones with acreage and good neighbors.  And some bulldozed dirt over on the  Hilo side.

The liberals killed what would have been a world class range here.  Out of pure political antagonism as far as i could tell.

I will never forget or forgive.

groveler

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2020, 08:16:37 PM »
Yeah, well, as crowded as they are, at least they have a structured public shooting range.

OTOH, on the BI with all this empty land, we ain't got squat other than the lucky ones with acreage and good neighbors.  And some bulldozed dirt over on the  Hilo side.

The liberals killed what would have been a world class range here.  Out of pure political antagonism as far as i could tell.

I will never forget or forgive.
You and I both know the democrats here put the range where the most
objections would be brought. I didn't like it's location and I'm not even
close to it.
It should be on the Mauna Loa "Red road" at the 9000 foot level.
There is a Helco sub station there and NOTHING ELSE!
Most Hawaiians don't appreciate the BI but it is Big and beautiful.
Please stay away.
Why do you Hawaiians think Kameamea chose this as his home?
He wasn't stupid like most modern Democrats on Honolulu.

robtmc

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 12:36:15 PM »
You and I both know the democrats here put the range where the most
objections would be brought. I didn't like it's location and I'm not even
close to it.
It should be on the Mauna Loa "Red road" at the 9000 foot level.
Anyone on the west side would spend most of the day driving up there and back.   Looks like 1-2 hours up from Saddle road on a one lane road.  Maybe 4 hours each way, not a lot of daytime left after that.

The Waikoloa range was to be next to a land fill, land of no use to anyone.  That bastard Knudsen from Oahu was involved in killing the range.   Got nowhere with KHSC so he screwed us instead.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2020, 12:46:35 PM »
Anyone on the west side would spend most of the day driving up there and back.   Looks like 1-2 hours up from Saddle road on a one lane road.  Maybe 4 hours each way, not a lot of daytime left after that.

The Waikoloa range was to be next to a land fill, land of no use to anyone.  That bastard Knudsen from Oahu was involved in killing the range.   Got nowhere with KHSC so he screwed us instead.

Someone needs to hold that guy's cats hostage, or something .... 

 :rofl: :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

groveler

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2020, 02:45:14 PM »
Anyone on the west side would spend most of the day driving up there and back.   Looks like 1-2 hours up from Saddle road on a one lane road.  Maybe 4 hours each way, not a lot of daytime left after that.

The Waikoloa range was to be next to a land fill, land of no use to anyone.  That bastard Knudsen from Oahu was involved in killing the range.   Got nowhere with KHSC so he screwed us instead.
I spent over eight years driving the old saddle road and the Mauna Kea access road.
From Waimea I can get to Mauna Loa red road 9000 foot level in about one hour. 
But I drive those roads like a maniac.  I can tell you the speed limit is
what you are willing to do.
But we did get screwed by the usual Democrat Oligarchy.




stangzilla

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2020, 04:28:59 PM »
For years I've read about Oahu Koko Head
this is the first time I've really got a feel for what you guys put up with

http://www.honolulu.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=38579:koko-head-shooting-complex&catid=182:site-dpr-cat

I think I'll take my chances in a more rural setting.
Not requiring Government permission.

Thanks for the info  :shaka:

I am fortunate to have a backup plan. Access to some AG land. We are making a very nice range with a lot of targets. But I appreciate kokohead. I go there often. Cleaning schedule doesnt look too bad

dogman

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2020, 05:33:19 PM »
Did you read "The History of KHSC by Mike Muramoto" in the linked site? We are shooting next to Pele's sister's vagina imprint.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »
Did you read "The History of KHSC by Mike Muramoto" in the linked site? We are shooting next to Pele's sister's vagina imprint.

Hmmmm.  I thought that fish smell was coming from Hawaii Kai Marina!?   :wave:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

QUIETShooter

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2020, 08:00:53 PM »
Oh my goodness....I didn't know I was shooting in someone's va.......... ;D
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

oldfart

Re: This is your range!
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »
Hmmmm.  I thought that fish smell was coming from Hawaii Kai Marina!?   :wave:
...
Could be Knudsen's pussy
What, Me Worry?