Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss (Read 7366 times)

Direjackalope

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2020, 12:48:29 PM »
Leftover milk from the mashed potatoes and left over ice cream from the pie goes into the blender with 1 shot Kahlua and vodka to taste.  Left over vodka goes into orange juice or olive brine.

changemyoil66

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2020, 02:46:26 PM »
Gravy and rice is my jam.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

QUIETShooter

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2020, 06:55:25 PM »
Hoo boy, I have lots and lots of leftovers.

Besides turkey ala king, turkey sandwiches, and good ole turkey soup I also have quite a bit of leftover ham.

Gonna try to make split pea soup with ham besides portugese bean soup. I know there will be a lot of ham sandwiches and lots of ham to dice into salads.  I personally like to just fry the leftover ham slices until there is a slight char and eat it on a bed of hot rice.

Told my wife I don't think we need to do major grocery shopping for a while.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 08:16:17 PM by QUIETShooter »
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2020, 10:13:14 PM »
I sent mashed potatoes, gravy and green bean casserole with my daughter to her boyfriend's mother's.

Apparently green bean casserole isn't very well known on Oahu.  The dish was the most popular side dish and was totally devoured!

The potatoes and gravy were also popular, but a little of those came back home.  Yay!  Something to go with the turkey they brought home.   :thumbsup:

Nice to not have a fridge full of leftovers.  Just enough for a couple of meals.   :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2020, 10:52:51 AM »
Leftovers for every meal since Thu except for last night.  Had a small bbq with friends and told them “anything but turkey”. Haha

So much turkey. Leftovers from my friend’s house Thu. Got sent home with a bunch of leftovers. Then Fri, picked up leftovers from my sister’s place, which is my usual Thanksgiving get together place, but not this year since she’s in the high(we) risk category. Then Fri, my neighbor texts me if I want jook. I am sure it was great, but I told him I have a ton of leftovers and not really feeling like more turkey. Haha

Did the fried shredded turkey, stuffing and bacon. Had regular turkey, gravy, mash and green bean casserole. The house I went to on Thu night, a friend made green bean casserole. I think second or third year him making that. Ya, def not something I grew up eating, but I like it.

Think turkey sandwiches for lunch a couple of days this week.

oldfart

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »
I froze the turkey for later except for a couple slices which became a roast turkey sandwich with asian slaw and pineapple-cranbery sauce.
Served on a whole wheat pan de sol.
What, Me Worry?

aieahound

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2020, 01:06:14 PM »
I ate a whole bowl of green bean Casserole for lunch on Friday.
Love that stuff.

Wife making turkey pot pie tonight.
I never thought of that one.

drck1000

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2020, 07:54:52 AM »
I ate a whole bowl of green bean Casserole for lunch on Friday.
Love that stuff.

Wife making turkey pot pie tonight.
I never thought of that one.
I like KFC's chicken pot pie.  Turkey pot pie sounds good, but also quite a bit of work.   :(

oldfart

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2020, 08:12:35 AM »
I ate a whole bowl of green bean Casserole for lunch on Friday.
Love that stuff.
....
Did you take your Beano pill? :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2020, 06:03:52 PM »
So far I made turkey soup with the leftover carcass.  I made a small batch and froze the rest of the turkey carcass.  I also had so much leftovers I was able to eat turkey dinners complete with mashed potatoes, dressing, gravy, and cranberry sauce till Sunday, lol!

I never get tired of eating turkey. ;D

I also had a ham bone so I boiled it for broth and bits of ham came off the bone.  I used the ham meat and ham broth to make mongo beans, filipino style.

I added bittermelon from my garden and also added tender, succulent morsels of shrimp.

Hoo boy, my mouth wen broke.  :thumbsup:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Inspector

Re: Thanksgiving Leftovers - How do you eat/prepare? Discuss
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 05:03:59 AM »
We gave away most of our leftovers. We only had enough forr the wife and I the next day. So all we did was heat everything up and chow.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!