induction annealing for about $200 (Read 3439 times)

ren

induction annealing for about $200
« on: December 04, 2020, 07:21:51 PM »
Deeds Not Words

sa594

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 08:09:54 PM »
Curious to know if anyone has tried this system before and what are their thoughts? What systems are people here using to anneal their brass and could you please mention the pros and cons of said system?  Thanks

omnigun

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 10:23:42 PM »
Interesting I never even knew this was a thing for reloading.

oldfart

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2020, 04:34:50 AM »
This is interesting, but doesn't the voltage frequency make a difference?
Curious to know what frequency that cheap handheld unit is putting out.
It might drive dogs crazy.
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2020, 07:50:12 AM »
thinking of a way to automate this. I have one I built for .223 which is similar to the Giraud but way cheaper. I'm thinking that the cases would have to be in a tube like how the Lee APP handles cases from their case collator. Figure a servo will control the release of each case.
I was also thinking that this induction annealer can also work as a heat wrench. For example, stuck barrel nuts or the like. e
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2020, 11:32:18 AM »
I've been looking up annealing more recently.  There's a couple of decent DIY annealing machine videos.  One in particular is from a member from Snipershide.  Since I'll be utilizing my buddy's setup to start reloading, I've been looking to supplement his workshop.  The chargemaster is one.  I was looking into annealing machine as another.  Most reloaders that I've spoken to personally don't anneal, but none of them are the "uber accuracy" types.  More practical accuracy. 

oldfart

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2020, 12:15:56 PM »
When I started shooting a really long time ago, I shot at least 100 rounds of 44 mag ammo every week. Most times it was more than that.
The 44 required a firm roll crimp which was killing the brass. That was when I discovered the joys of annealing. I used a pan of water and propane torch.
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2020, 12:20:16 PM »
I would buy this one https://annealeez.com/
after building my own and spending hours on it - its cheaper to buy the annealeez
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2020, 12:33:42 PM »
I would buy this one https://annealeez.com/
after building my own and spending hours on it - its cheaper to buy the annealeez
That’s the one I was looking at. Ya, I’m not even thinking of a DIY solution.

If we go down that path, will likely be a bit further down the road. Looking to upgrade and add to case prep stuff first.

sa594

Re: induction annealing for about $200
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2020, 08:11:45 PM »
Same here regarding the annealeez one and have also been looking at this one https://cartridgeanneal.com/StoreItem.aspx?ID=426, seems really basic.. Still soo much to learn when it comes to reloading, seems endless..