i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation (Read 3041 times)

macsak

groveler

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 01:38:44 PM »
You could always start with this
FM 21-76    US  ARMY  SURVIVAL  MANUAL                             
It is free and your taxes paid for it.

macsak

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 01:50:24 PM »
You could always start with this
FM 21-76    US  ARMY  SURVIVAL  MANUAL                             
It is free and your taxes paid for it.

my "friend" has that too
i own no firearms, ammo, reloading components, nor preps

groveler

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 02:43:37 PM »
my "friend" has that too
i own no firearms, ammo, reloading components, nor preps
We are brothers in arms!

hvybarrels

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
I have a few survival medical books that I have cracked open only once or twice. Have to remember to actually read them! Also looking for books on local medicinal herbs if anyone has recommendations
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

groveler

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2020, 02:52:15 PM »
I have a few survival medical books that I have cracked open only once or twice. Have to remember to actually read them! Also looking for books on local medicinal herbs if anyone has recommendations
"local medicinal herbs"
Although I don't partake or approve,
I understand Pakalolo works wonders.

changemyoil66

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2020, 12:32:35 PM »
I remember reading the Army Field Manuel for middle school.  We had to bring a book to red and I chose that.  Had some good stuff about shelter, fire, symbols to use if stranded on an island/area, etc...

Rocky

Re: i have "a friend" that owns 5 of these, including the #1 recommendation
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 02:45:10 PM »
And I'm gonna throw these 2 in AGAIN.  :crazy:
Some of the best realistic  "Prepping" info I've ever found

https://thesurvivalmom.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/LDSPrep-V8.pdf
( formerly known as https://www.ldsavow.com/PrepManualGeneral.html )

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/blogs/klessons/p/0007.html
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt