Hawaii State Legislature 2021 (Read 3672 times)

ren

Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« on: January 06, 2021, 05:21:53 PM »
Get ready because you know what kind of laws are coming. More bans. Mags. Need more to come out and testify because our legislature will be bold with a Biden admin and Dem control of both House and Senate
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 05:38:40 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

fishandshoot

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2021, 06:39:04 PM »
Yes, I agree.

aieahound

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2021, 07:05:14 PM »
Trying to accumulate my vacation time with this COVID stay at home crap.
No place better to spend it than at the Capitol.

Just worried about them limiting attendance due to social distancing.

changemyoil66

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2021, 07:18:56 PM »
They probably wont allow any in person testimony.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

omnigun

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 07:39:50 PM »
They probably wont allow any in person testimony.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hope they allow video easier for everyone.   

hvybarrels

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2021, 07:44:31 PM »
They are terrified of looking us in the eye now, and would most definitely prefer to hide behind a screen as much as possible where they can stay in the ignorance bubble, stick to the Soros script and hope everything is going to be ok. I have seen how they react when listening to in person testimony. Most of them hate us
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

changemyoil66

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 08:36:37 PM »
They are terrified of looking us in the eye now, and would most definitely prefer to hide behind a screen as much as possible where they can stay in the ignorance bubble, stick to the Soros script and hope everything is going to be ok. I have seen how they react when listening to in person testimony. Most of them hate us
I dont think they are. They outnumber us and keep getting reelected. They know this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

hvybarrels

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2021, 08:51:46 PM »
Fair point. Sometimes I get negative when I imagine hpd kicking down my door for following the law while the criminals laugh. We are not at that point yet, and now the MAGA movement has become more active there is a chance of increasing support. 30% of Hawai’i electorate voted for Trump. If we could get some of that parade atmosphere down at that the legislature while being peaceful then we have a chance.

There is also a strong possibility that the government could have its hands full with other issues and not be able to pass anything meaningful. Not even a week into 2021 and things already went sideways
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

6716J

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 04:53:58 PM »
Fair point. Sometimes I get negative when I imagine hpd kicking down my door for following the law while the criminals laugh. We are not at that point yet, and now the MAGA movement has become more active there is a chance of increasing support. 30% of Hawai’i electorate voted for Trump. If we could get some of that parade atmosphere down at that the legislature while being peaceful then we have a chance.

There is also a strong possibility that the government could have its hands full with other issues and not be able to pass anything meaningful. Not even a week into 2021 and things already went sideways

Unless they want to pass anti-gun legislation. I give you the 80% ban that wasn't on any agenda, during the emergency session over the summer. Prepare for the 60 grit sandpaper condoms.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

zippz

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 06:27:41 PM »
Fair point. Sometimes I get negative when I imagine hpd kicking down my door for following the law while the criminals laugh. We are not at that point yet, and now the MAGA movement has become more active there is a chance of increasing support. 30% of Hawai’i electorate voted for Trump. If we could get some of that parade atmosphere down at that the legislature while being peaceful then we have a chance.

There is also a strong possibility that the government could have its hands full with other issues and not be able to pass anything meaningful. Not even a week into 2021 and things already went sideways

Numbers count.

Seeing that they still passed gun bills and other bills last year, when they were only supposed to be focused on COVID, I think it'll be almost back to normal this year.

Someone mentioned that safe gun storage bills were circulating on the mainland so there could be one here to strengthen our current one which prevents access to firearms by minors.

zippz

Re: Hawaii State Legislature 2021
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 06:28:26 PM »
I got burned out the last couple years, so this year I'm throttling back on the legislation stuff.

aletheuo137