NRA (Read 2823 times)

groveler

NRA
« on: January 15, 2021, 12:24:44 PM »
I haven't seen this yet on this site.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2021/01/15/the-nra-moves-to-texas-after-filing-for-bankruptcy-in-new-york/

correctly move this if this is wrong spot.

Inspector

Re: NRA
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 03:37:02 PM »
It’s a shame that WLP has allowed this to happen. NY has a case against the NRA and WLP is to blame. He is in control of the NRA and they are bankrupt. I have given money ( a lot of money) continuously to the NRA for the last 10 years and sporadically for the last 30+ years. I stopped giving them money as soon as I heard of their financial problems caused by WLP over a year ago.

They were absent in this last election. They came here to AZ once to fund raise and then disappeared. Where were they in this last election. They were pretty much silent. Especially when compared to 2016. They basically played little to no part in trying to influence the election. That is part of what they are supposed to do. They have record membership yet they are bankrupt. Most of it went into WLP’s pockets. JMHO

I have been a life member since 2012 and I am currently a Patron member, one step below Benefactor. I usually buy some NRA stuff in order to help support the cause but I have not done so for over a year. I have turned my support to the GOA and the SAF. Much more worthy organizations IMHO.

If they get rid of WLP and the rest of the grifters there I will start to support them again if they start doing what they are supposed to do. Until then, I walked away from the NRA.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

Re: NRA
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 04:23:11 PM »
If they get rid of WLP and the rest of the grifters there I will start to support them again if they start doing what they are supposed to do. Until then, I walked away from the NRA.

+1

zippz

Re: NRA
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 07:15:52 PM »
I've talked to a couple people about the bankruptcy, it likely has to do with getting rid of the liabilities from the lawsuits and starting with a clean slate.

From what I hear, there are problems in the background with most of the national gun groups.  SAF seems to be the cleanest one out there.  All of them, even the NRA, is needed.

hvybarrels

Re: NRA
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 08:32:35 PM »
If they were smart they would put Colion Noir in charge. The president is just a spokesperson anyway, and leftist heads would explode
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

groveler

Re: NRA
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 07:52:37 AM »
It’s a shame that WLP has allowed this to happen. NY has a case against the NRA and WLP is to blame. He is in control of the NRA and they are bankrupt. I have given money ( a lot of money) continuously to the NRA for the last 10 years and sporadically for the last 30+ years. I stopped giving them money as soon as I heard of their financial problems caused by WLP over a year ago.

They were absent in this last election. They came here to AZ once to fund raise and then disappeared. Where were they in this last election. They were pretty much silent. Especially when compared to 2016. They basically played little to no part in trying to influence the election. That is part of what they are supposed to do. They have record membership yet they are bankrupt. Most of it went into WLP’s pockets. JMHO

I have been a life member since 2012 and I am currently a Patron member, one step below Benefactor. I usually buy some NRA stuff in order to help support the cause but I have not done so for over a year. I have turned my support to the GOA and the SAF. Much more worthy organizations IMHO.

If they get rid of WLP and the rest of the grifters there I will start to support them again if they start doing what they are supposed to do. Until then, I walked away from the NRA.
I'm only a lowly Life member but totally agree.
I am also a GOA and HIFCO member.
I voted for some NRA directors last year and don't recall
Colion Noir being on the list.

"If they were smart they would put Colion Noir in charge"
 Agreed to that also.

It is long past the "go along to get along"
attitude, we need to start obliterating the opposition.
starting right here at home.

eyeeatingfish

Re: NRA
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2021, 09:17:55 PM »
If they were smart they would put Colion Noir in charge. The president is just a spokesperson anyway, and leftist heads would explode

Now that would get my attention too!