They call me Bruce?1 (Read 3219 times)

ren

Deeds Not Words

Flapp_Jackson

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 01:56:45 PM »
A rock musician driving drunk?

Fake News.   :rofl:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Inspector

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 02:08:14 PM »
The use of the word “Smelt” in the title caught my attention as the way it is used is not American English. It might be proper in England but I am not sure it is proper here in the US. As Smelt can be a fish or a process of combining 2 or more metals together using a particular process called smelting. The past tense of smell is smelled. So the proper use in the title should have used the word smelled not smelt. JMHO
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 02:12:51 PM »
The use of the word “Smelt” in the title caught my attention as the way it is used is not American English. It might be proper in England but I am not sure it is proper here in the US. As Smelt can be a fish or a process of combining 2 or more metals together using a particular process called smelting. The past tense of smell is smelled. So the proper use in the title should have used the word smelled not smelt. JMHO

To avoid confusion, I would say "reeked of alcohol."  More to the point, and more descriptive.

 :geekdanc: :thumbsup:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

QUIETShooter

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 10:32:26 PM »
For some reason I thought the thread was about Bruce Lee....

And I love smelt.  I used to buy a pkg and deep fry them and eat them whole....heads, fins, tail, guts, gills  :shaka:  Hard to find a pkg. nowadays and I don't love them that much to go look for them.

And I always figured Bruce Springsteen was drunk 24/7.  He looks and acts like it on interviews and performing in concerts, lol!

An empty bottle of Patron.  Now that is hardcore.  He's the BOSS!! ;D
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

RSN172

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 06:20:08 AM »
Smelt is to smelled like spelt is to spelled.
Happily living in Puna

Inspector

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2021, 06:29:39 AM »
Smelt is to smelled like spelt is to spelled.
And spilt is to spilled.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

6716J

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2021, 08:18:18 AM »
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

robtmc

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2021, 10:28:58 AM »
Being from New Joisey has to be a terrible burden, I mean boiden ..................

Flapp_Jackson

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2021, 10:32:37 AM »
Smelt is to smelled like spelt is to spelled.

I blame elementary school!!

"He who smelt it, dealt it."

 :shake: :rofl: :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

aletheuo137

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2021, 10:47:35 AM »
Being from New Joisey has to be a terrible burden, I mean boiden ..................
Hey wife resemble those rematks!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

6716J

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2021, 02:49:39 PM »
You from Joisey?

Yeah...

Oh yeah, what exit?
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.

aletheuo137

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2021, 02:52:04 PM »
My wife grew up on the shore, graduated from Neptune High School. I'm from here.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

rfd

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2021, 05:42:39 AM »
NJ - Can't wait to get out of this political hell hole.
Molon Labe ~ NRA Life Member ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA

aletheuo137

Re: They call me Bruce?1
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2021, 02:24:16 PM »
If you can't move out of state then move to more conservative and like minded areas.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk