Stealing a pistol during a Las Vegas firearms class ends how you think it would (Read 7150 times)

Glasser

Fast forward 40 secs.

changemyoil66

MPD partner lets off 9 rds and between the 3 CCW holders 5. Can tell who gets free attorney after a shooting.

zippz

I'm afraid of robberies when I teach pistol classes so I don't normally advertise them in public and I do background checks on people I don't know. 

drck1000

I thought it was gonna go down in that room.

As an aside, I want to see an after photo of that white truck. :hmm:

Glasser

I'm afraid of robberies when I teach pistol classes so I don't normally advertise them in public and I do background checks on people I don't know.

I was surprised that a 'prohibited person' was able to get a seat in the class. That seemed sloppy.

changemyoil66

I was surprised that a 'prohibited person' was able to get a seat in the class. That seemed sloppy.

When we took our CCW class (private class) in Vegas, the only info the instructor had was my first name because we spoke on the phone. He did not ask my wife's first name nor last names.  The class was held at Battlefield LV in a private room.  He did speak to us for about 10 minutes prior to the class starting. I think this was so he could get a feel of who we are and our demeanor. He was armed with a Saturday Night Special in his front pocket.  He used it to show the diff between open and concealed  carrying. Bascially covered the butt of the pistol sticking out of his pocket with his t-shirt.

macsak

When we took our CCW class (private class) in Vegas, the only info the instructor had was my first name because we spoke on the phone. He did not ask my wife's first name nor last names.  The class was held at Battlefield LV in a private room.  He did speak to us for about 10 minutes prior to the class starting. I think this was so he could get a feel of who we are and our demeanor. He was armed with a Saturday Night Special in his front pocket.  He used it to show the diff between open and concealed  carrying. Bascially covered the butt of the pistol sticking out of his pocket with his t-shirt.

i don't think you know what a "saturday night special" means...

changemyoil66

i don't think you know what a "saturday night special" means...

There was a wresting moved called saturday night (aka grape vines). And 1 called check the oil.

drck1000

There was a wresting moved called saturday night (aka grape vines). And 1 called check the oil.
bazinga

Tacozfail

There was a wresting moved called saturday night (aka grape vines). And 1 called check the oil.
One of the most satisfying pins if you could get that lock in and pull up on the head...

Itsshowtime808

Fast forward 40 secs.



From the looks of it...

Female officer should've backed away and draw OC or pistol (whichever mood she felt like)

Male officer should've used 2 hands....

I think I been to that parking lot before...   :rofl: :rofl:
Gun Control
(Adjective)
1.Using both hands
2.Hitting your target every time
3.Buying one when you really want two, three, four, or five

Itsshowtime808

I was surprised that a 'prohibited person' was able to get a seat in the class. That seemed sloppy.

Maybe they don't vet the people so they get more opportunities like this for moving target practice.... :rofl: :rofl:

Jk jk
Gun Control
(Adjective)
1.Using both hands
2.Hitting your target every time
3.Buying one when you really want two, three, four, or five

changemyoil66

From the looks of it...

Female officer should've backed away and draw OC or pistol (whichever mood she felt like)

Male officer should've used 2 hands....

I think I been to that parking lot before...   :rofl: :rofl:

So this is all in hindsight of course, but 1 thing to know is that they did take 45 minutes to show up.  So IDK what they were doing prior to, but maybe their guard was let down or fatigued due to a prior call or the fact that they're responding to a gun store where there are many legally armed and law abiding citizens.  Which should be a rule is to not assume anything and let your guard down.

Why this guy hung around for 45 mins is a good question. Maybe he wanted to hurt a cop.

hvybarrels

It was at this moment Marvon knew he fʻed up

“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

ren

Like OMG! so many people with guns! I hope they shot him in the legs...
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Like OMG! so many people with guns! I hope they shot him in the legs...
What you and I and almost everyone on here knows, a leg shot can easily be a fatal.wound if you hit the femoral artery. Sideways through the ass is better but much harder to do.
Happily living in Puna

oldfart

Like OMG! so many people with guns! I hope they shot him in the legs...
======
why didn't they just shoot the screwdriver out of his hand?

 :geekdanc:
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

I was surprised that a 'prohibited person' was able to get a seat in the class. That seemed sloppy.
Not to worry.
We sign a piece of paper that says we're legit !  :geekdanc:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

oldfart

Not to worry.
We sign a piece of paper that says we're legit !  :geekdanc:
============
..."No signed paper can hold the iron"

A quote from one of my fav movies
Who can remember that, hmmm?
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

I was surprised that a 'prohibited person' was able to get a seat in the class. That seemed sloppy.

My biggest question is whether or not the gun store owes him a refund for the class, or if they simply marked him down as "Failed"?   :geekdanc:

I was also wondering if any of the civilians helping the Cops were students, and if they got extra credit?   :thumbsup:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw