Ammunition for parents (Read 4523 times)

oldfart

Ammunition for parents
« on: March 06, 2021, 12:07:19 PM »
I was just thinking that parents who want to expose their children to the shooting sports or firearm safety have a hard time with all the high prices nowadays.
If the children of today are not properly exposed to firearm usage and ownership, what does that mean for the future of the 2A?

I'm considering selling (rationing) ammunition at "normal" prices to parents who can prove that they are using it to expose and educate their children.

I'm not certain exactly how I could implement such a program, I think we can all agree that it's a good idea, right?
Open to suggestions.

Contact me if you are a parent who wants to take their kids to go shootin'  :shaka:

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 07:53:17 AM by oldfart »
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2021, 12:15:02 PM »
I was just thinking that parents who want to expose their children to the shooting sports or firearm safety have a hard time with all the high prices nowadays.
If the children of today are not properly exposed to firearm usage and ownership, what does that mean for the future of the 2A?

I'm considering selling (rationing) ammunition at "normal" prices to parents who can prove that they are using it to expose and educate their children.

I'm not certain exactly how I could implement such a program, I think we can all agree that it's a good idea, right?
Open to suggestions.

Contact me if you are a parent who wants to take their kids to go shootin'  :shaka:

My recommendation would be to meet the buyers AND THEIR KIDS at the range.  Then you can not only assess their honesty as parents teaching their kids, but you can make sure the parents know what they are doing!  Some parents try to teach their kids things they themselves have little experience doing.  If nothing else, you can teach the parents AND kids the safety rules, range rules, and maybe even how to disassemble their gun for cleaning.

If you want to give (sell) parents ammo, you might as well give them the benefit of your experience to pass on to their kids, too.

At a minimum, you'll have gotten the parents and kids to go to the range with your ammo so they have no excuse for not using it as you intended it to be used.

Just a thought.   :shaka:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

oldfart

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »
My recommendation would be to meet the buyers AND THEIR KIDS at the range.  Then you can not only assess their honesty as parents teaching their kids, but you can make sure the parents know what they are doing!  Some parents try to teach their kids things they themselves have little experience doing.  If nothing else, you can teach the parents AND kids the safety rules, range rules, and maybe even how to disassemble their gun for cleaning.

If you want to give (sell) parents ammo, you might as well give them the benefit of your experience to pass on to their kids, too.

At a minimum, you'll have gotten the parents and kids to go to the range with your ammo so they have no excuse for not using it as you intended it to be used.

Just a thought.   :shaka:
======
That was one of my ideas. I do enjoy coaching new shooters. It's very rewarding.
What, Me Worry?

Oyabunsan

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2021, 09:05:31 PM »
This is a great idea. I do hope this gets a lot of support and I would definitely sign me up!
 :shaka:

oldfart

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 12:58:07 AM »
This is a great idea. I do hope this gets a lot of support and I would definitely sign me up!
 :shaka:
==============
Do you have children that you want to teach?
What, Me Worry?

tim808

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 07:52:34 AM »
Yes, that is a great idea! 

One of the members here gave me a good price on 22 since his kids weren’t interested in shooting and he saw that my family had taken an interest.

My kids eventually lost interest but my wife still goes. 

Instead some of my co-workers come out.  So the 22 is still being used by new shooters.   Some of my friends think I’m retarded to supply free 22 but my coworkers don’t shoot a whole bunch since they share the table with me and my wife.

Oyabunsan

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 12:29:36 PM »
==============
Do you have children that you want to teach?


Yes, they’re 8 and 7 year olds. I think I know what I’m doing but it’ll be much better to get instructions. The kids know the safety rules.  I do small things with the kids with dummy rounds such as load the magazine, rack the slide, handle/grip practice, practice dominant eye and point finger, etc. just enough to get them wanting to do more and more... I’ve not taken them to the range yet.


oldfart

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2021, 07:51:57 AM »

Yes, they’re 8 and 7 year olds. I think I know what I’m doing but it’ll be much better to get instructions. The kids know the safety rules.  I do small things with the kids with dummy rounds such as load the magazine, rack the slide, handle/grip practice, practice dominant eye and point finger, etc. just enough to get them wanting to do more and more... I’ve not taken them to the range yet.
==========
Unfortunately, the kids are too young to shoot at KHSC. But I trained my kids with a bb gun at home when they were very young.
If you need some ammo, contact me.
What, Me Worry?

stangzilla

Re: Ammunition for parents?
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2021, 08:27:31 AM »
==========
 But I trained my kids with a bb gun at home when they were very young.


so if they didn't do their chores, they get the 1 pump shot.   >:D
as you can tell, i have no kids  :D

aieahound

Re: Ammunition for parents
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2021, 06:01:12 PM »
O.F. Training back in the day when the age rules were more relaxed.

oldfart

Re: Ammunition for parents
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2021, 06:08:51 PM »
O.F. Training back in the day when the age rules were more relaxed.
.....
Today the boy can't even shoot a 22 at khsc.
What, Me Worry?

dv808

Re: Ammunition for parents
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2021, 11:15:40 PM »
The kids can start shooting at age 9 at rifle and bullseye but limited to only 22LR.  Once 13, I think that's when they can shoot larger calibers.  I've heard they can shoot larger before 13 if they show their hunters ed card that they can get at age 10.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

oldfart

Re: Ammunition for parents
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 11:49:22 PM »
The kids can start shooting at age 9 at rifle and bullseye but limited to only 22LR.  Once 13, I think that's when they can shoot larger calibers.  I've heard they can shoot larger before 13 if they show their hunters ed card that they can get at age 10.

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk
.....
That picture said that the boy with the machine gun was 8 yrs old.
Anybody know him?
Maybe he's a member. :rofl:
What, Me Worry?