Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov. (Read 1537 times)

astroboy

Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov.
« on: March 15, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »

eyeeatingfish

Re: Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »
I was against a UBI on matter of principle but I thought it an interesting idea. I heard Andrew Yang talk about it in detail and found position was well articulated and he made a number of good argument. I wouldn't say I support a UBI but I give it more credibility now. It is a very interesting concept.

ren

Re: Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 07:27:07 PM »
https://budgetmodel.wharton.upenn.edu/issues/2018/3/29/options-for-universal-basic-income-dynamic-modeling?rq=UBI

Conclusion
We estimate three ways to finance a Universal Basic Income program: with deficits, a payroll tax and with transfers funded by external sources. Under all three scenarios, a Universal Basic Income program dampens hours worked, capital services, GDP and Social Security revenues.


BLUF: There is no incentive for people to work.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:33:11 PM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

ren

Re: Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov.
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 07:30:27 PM »
I have never understood why it is “greed” to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else’s money. —Thomas Sowell
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Re: Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov.
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2021, 10:16:07 PM »
I might be able to squeeze by with a UBI of $2000 a week.
Happily living in Puna

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Lynette Zang on Universal Basic Income and Gov.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2021, 10:41:07 PM »
I might be able to squeeze by with a UBI of $2000 a week.

Only as long as it's nontaxable.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw