America Just Banned Car Modifications (Read 4031 times)

astroboy

America Just Banned Car Modifications
« on: March 24, 2021, 09:34:08 AM »
More proof of the leftist nanny state

oldfart

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:02:08 AM »
RPM act
"Recognizing the Protection of Motor sports"

The writers of the legislation gave the bill a FRIENDLY SOUNDING NAME while actually prohibiting hobbyists from engaging in their hobby.

This is exactly the same tactic that our legislators used a few months ago to make it harder to engage in your right of self defense.
They introduced a bill called  the "Stand Your Ground" law which actually told us to run away instead of fighting off the bad guys.
It was a DECEPTION TACTIC in the hopes that we are too stupid to actually read and understand what it was saying.

Be on the lookout for this NEW tactic to curtail our freedoms.

It has a name coined by Orwell:
DOUBLESPEAK
NOUN
deliberately euphemistic, ambiguous, or obscure language.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 10:25:04 AM »
After Campbell shut down, the race scene in HI pretty much died.  I used to go every Friday or Saturday night.  Ran my 87 NA Supra, then a 04 WRX.

RSN172

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 10:51:09 AM »
When I lived on Oahu I owned a 09 Cadillac CTS V. I liked to punch it from the stoplight whenever a sport bike came alongside and usually these guys would be revving the engine waiting for the light to change.  I always outpulled them by 4 or 5 car lengths before they even started to catch up.  By that time I was hitting 60 plus and backing off the throttle.   Most of your sport bike riders cannot run a sub 4 0-60, even though the bike easily can in the hands of an expert. 
Happily living in Puna

stangzilla

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 11:06:15 AM »
When I lived on Oahu I owned a 09 Cadillac CTS V. I liked to punch it from the stoplight whenever a sport bike came alongside and usually these guys would be revving the engine waiting for the light to change.  I always outpulled them by 4 or 5 car lengths before they even started to catch up.  By that time I was hitting 60 plus and backing off the throttle.   Most of your sport bike riders cannot run a sub 4 0-60, even though the bike easily can in the hands of an expert.

yeah, driver mod gets the most bang for the buck   :shaka:

stangzilla

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 11:11:12 AM »
After Campbell shut down, the race scene in HI pretty much died.  I used to go every Friday or Saturday night.  Ran my 87 NA Supra, then a 04 WRX.

Campbell shut down in 2006.  i bought my Mustang GT in 2007 bc they said they would reopen down the road shortly.
i dumped 10's of thousands of dollars into my GT for a few years in hopes that they would reopen. 
15 years later......nothing!!!!!

there's a back story to the track closing.  bribery, insurance fraud, politics
when i have more time i'll give you the back story.  some names will be very familiar

Tupola said a few years ago that she would look into reopening the track.....years later, nothing.  thats why i dont trust her.  liar!!!!

RSN172

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2021, 11:33:14 AM »
Campbell shut down in 2006.  i bought my Mustang GT in 2007 bc they said they would reopen down the road shortly.
i dumped 10's of thousands of dollars into my GT for a few years in hopes that they would reopen. 

If I could live my life over, I would not spend the thousands of $$ I did souping up cars.  My older brother,  12 years above me, told me not to do it, but when you are in that 18 to 25 year old range......

Today, factory hot rods are super fast, luxurious and reliable,  but unaffordable for most people.
Happily living in Puna

oldfart

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2021, 11:56:16 AM »
Back in the 70's I had a Motion Vega.....
74 Kamback body with a 73 Z28 motor (LT1) Hooker headers,
Turbo hydramatic 400 tranny and a narrowed 12 bolt rear end.

Then I got married and had kids.
What, Me Worry?

KaleoArms

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »
I had to move my toys out of the state because of recon.
1987 Dakota
1970 Duster
1976 Duster
http://www.kaleoarms.com/hawaii-ammunition
Ammunition to Hawaii
Reloading brass

bass monkey

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2021, 03:18:34 PM »
I had to move my toys out of the state because of recon.
1987 Dakota
1970 Duster
1976 Duster

I thought classics were recon exempt.
Yours didn't meet the year qualification?

stangzilla

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2021, 03:20:28 PM »
i just tried to get safety from CR Imports in kalihi bc in the past they would pass anything.  i mean anything.  i went there bc all my lights are tinted.
i went this past week and got denied bc they said i need recon bc of my suspension.  i told him my suspension is stock.  he said i think you should get it just in case.  what a dumb shit.
so now i took off all the tint on all my lights so i can get safety. once i get the safety, i'm tinting the lights again

stangzilla

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2021, 03:23:03 PM »
what a joke recon is
friend of mine lowered his Mustang and went to get recon.  got a skinny guy that couldn't push his front end down.  he said suspension is too stiff so needs to soften the suspension
my friend did nothing and went back in a few weeks and got a bigger guy.  he could push the front end down.  it passed.
what a joke!

stangzilla

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2021, 04:19:27 PM »
https://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/6868491/hawaii-raceway-park-controversy/

http://archives.starbulletin.com/96/06/18/sports/story1.html

Mike Oakland was the manager of the old raceway park.  underlying storyline is he took a large amount of money from a mainland company to let the lease run out so they could buy the land.  the lease ran out, the mainland company bought the land with the hopes of selling it piece by piece for a profit.  years went by and nothing was sold, so the mainland company sold the property to the state (i think), and then nothing was done for a few years.  i dont know what the property is now.  mixed up in this is the owner of Paradise Lua who is a dirt track racer.  he later teams up with Mike Kitchens who many of you know from stolen stuff hawaii.  Kitchens opens Kalaeloa raceway park, a dirt straight track.  i went out there on the ground breaking and thought to myself "i'll never bring my Mustang here bc its too dirty".  later they get shut down bc of stolen cars on their property.  he is now trying to build a private track out there somewhere, plan is a few years in the making but i dont see any progress at all.  so I NO BELEEB.

a few years ago Tupola says she will look into building a track.  she gets a website up that looks all official.  years later i see no progress whatsoever.  I NO BELEEB!!!

anyone who says they are building a track, I NO BELEEB.  until i see it, i dont beleeb it   >:D  >:D

RSN172

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2021, 04:23:38 PM »
I had to move my toys out of the state because of recon.
1987 Dakota
1970 Duster
1976 Duster
Big Island no mo recon. Dat one Oahu ting.
Happily living in Puna

KaleoArms

Re: America Just Banned Car Modifications
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2021, 04:32:19 AM »
I thought classics were recon exempt.
Yours didn't meet the year qualification?

No I do not meet the year qualification.
http://www.kaleoarms.com/hawaii-ammunition
Ammunition to Hawaii
Reloading brass