Not April Fools (Read 3404 times)

changemyoil66

Not April Fools
« on: April 01, 2021, 01:36:19 PM »
Plastic ban started today.  No can have plastic forks, knives, spoons, bags,strawst anymore.

Talked to 1 restaurant owner and cost of allowed plastic type utensils cost 5X more than the regular plastic ones.  So she's gonna stick to chop sticks (wooden).  Wooden knives don't cut as good as plastic ones and break easier.

But hey, it's OK to be a burden to people, as long as we save the planet.  Meanwhile a river of plastic bottles is flowing in Indonesia, air pollution in China, etc...

Wait till they ban wooden chop sticks next.  Liberal logic at it's finest.

WTF?Shane

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2021, 03:38:32 PM »
Had one of those biodegradable forks shatter when trying to separate some meat off a bone. Is it ok if I eat some of the pieces?

omnigun

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:42:36 PM »
Clearly just because someone isn't doing a good thing,  it must mean I shouldn't either....

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2021, 05:14:58 PM »
Clearly just because someone isn't doing a good thing,  it must mean I shouldn't either....

Face it.  You don't do anything that costs you time, money or effort.

All your posts are Devil's Advocate nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 10:12:15 PM by Flapp_Jackson »
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

oldfart

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2021, 05:32:43 PM »
Had one of those biodegradable forks shatter when trying to separate some meat off a bone. Is it ok if I eat some of the pieces?
....
Last week I think I ate a piece of a cheapo plastic fork >:(
What, Me Worry?

QUIETShooter

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2021, 07:04:44 PM »
Those utensils are useless.  I just use my hands.

Plastic ban started today.  No can have plastic forks, knives, spoons, bags,strawst anymore.

Talked to 1 restaurant owner and cost of allowed plastic type utensils cost 5X more than the regular plastic ones.  So she's gonna stick to chop sticks (wooden).  Wooden knives don't cut as good as plastic ones and break easier.

But hey, it's OK to be a burden to people, as long as we save the planet.  Meanwhile a river of plastic bottles is flowing in Indonesia, air pollution in China, etc...

Wait till they ban wooden chop sticks next.  Liberal logic at it's finest.

Yeah, they going say we gotta save the trees.  Which is why we went to fu*kn plastic in the first place.

Shit, just eat with hands already. 
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

RSN172

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
Instead of Leatherman,  carry the big Boy Scout multitool.  Get one spoon and fork and knife.
Happily living in Puna

Direjackalope

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 08:30:26 PM »
Might I recommend the K-bar tactical spork?

astroboy

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2021, 09:46:52 PM »
Higher prices for prepared meals will be passed on to consumers. More businesses will shut their doors due to higher operating costs.
Mean while the worlds largest plastic polluters continue to pollute the oceans unabated. The USA ranks 20th. I wonder what portion of the USA's out put is from Hawaii.   


https://youtu.be/_8phS0ARg3s?t=68

robtmc

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2021, 10:17:51 AM »
Shit, just eat with hands already.
Just not the LEFT hand, as the book instructs.

Eric808

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2021, 10:36:46 AM »
I picked some food and the food was in an office clear small trash bag.  I know it is not but it sure look similar.
Covenant, just open the bag, eat, close bag, toss.

dogman

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2021, 05:13:53 PM »
While insignificant and not really related, I saw on the news this morning that they are going to start issuing plastic bus passes instead of the current paper ones.

eyeeatingfish

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2021, 07:47:18 PM »
Depends what is being served, those disposable wooden spoons work ok if you are just eating soup or chili and rice. The alternative utensils haven't bothered me much but I wonder how they will cope without the plastic bags. Many times you get a plate lunch that leaks and that will go right through the paper or cloth bags. There was a time I was getting a plate lunch from the same food truck every week. I ended up bringing my own tupperware and he put it inside that. Others laughed at me but it saved plastic, saved the guy a little bit of money, and I could just take home the leftovers for later.

The paper straws are the worst though, fall apart while you are drinking.

Rocky

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2021, 07:20:37 AM »
Plastic ban started today. 

They banned Glock's ?   :wacko:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Not April Fools
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2021, 02:37:31 PM »
They banned Glock's ?   :wacko:

Only if you consider them "disposable!"   :rofl:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw