ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump (Read 2212 times)

Inspector

ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« on: April 11, 2021, 02:44:33 AM »
I searched to see if this has ever been mentioned here and I found nothing. Forgive me if it is a duplicate.

My nephew and I have been discussing his getting an 07 FFL which entitles him to manufacture firearms (including getting his SOT for NFA firearms) and ammunition. One thing that has kept him from doing this is a fee called ITAR (International Traffic In Arms Regulations) fee and paperwork. It requires a lot of additional paperwork and the fee is prohibitive at $2,250. After researching this again, it turns out President Trump removed the ITAR fee in order to encourage small manufacturing business and other small cottage industries. He did this in 2020. Who knew? I just wanted to say THANK YOU PRESIDENT TRUMP for doing this.

https://www.ammoland.com/2020/01/trump-administration-finalizes-removal-of-itar-gunsmith-license/#axzz6YIv3A1EU
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

oldfart

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2021, 04:45:48 AM »
 :rofl: :thumbsup:
What, Me Worry?

aletheuo137

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 07:12:18 AM »
Concour. Alot things we were not aware of.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

oldfart

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 07:33:35 AM »
That was kind of like a big 1 finger wave bye bye to biden :rofl:
What, Me Worry?

Inspector

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 07:36:39 AM »
Concour. Alot things we were not aware of.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
I’m sure we will be discovering things over the next year or two.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Inspector

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2021, 07:39:53 AM »
That was kind of like a big 1 finger wave bye bye to biden :rofl:
It was pretty much one of his last minute support for the people who voted for him. Let’s face it, if he didn’t do it, it would not have helped the economy and the little guy who wants to start a small business.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

KaleoArms

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2021, 10:18:54 AM »
Have to look back in our emails, but I'm pretty sure that we were told that the ITAR fee was going to be $500 in October/before the election.  We were also stoked that it was $500 instead of the $2500 (or $2,750 can't remember off hand what it was), but I think its only a temporary reduction.  Not holding our breath on it staying $500 this year, put it that way.
http://www.kaleoarms.com/hawaii-ammunition
Ammunition to Hawaii
Reloading brass

6716J

Re: ITAR Fee Removed from 07 FFL - Thanks President Trump
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2021, 02:29:14 PM »
Have to look back in our emails, but I'm pretty sure that we were told that the ITAR fee was going to be $500 in October/before the election.  We were also stoked that it was $500 instead of the $2500 (or $2,750 can't remember off hand what it was), but I think its only a temporary reduction.  Not holding our breath on it staying $500 this year, put it that way.

https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/ddtc_public?id=ddtc_kb_article_page&sys_id=cfd40adedbf0130044f9ff621f9619d2

Given the extraordinary impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the national economy and Defense Industrial Base, the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) is temporarily reducing registration fees for DDTC registrants in Tier I and Tier II to $500 for registrations whose original expiration date is between May 31, 2020 and April 30, 2021. Also, DDTC is reducing registration fees to $500 for new applicants who submit their registration application between May 1, 2020 and April 30, 2021. All new registrants are in Tier I in the first year. This will allow new registrants and existing registrants in Tiers I and II, many of which are small and medium-sized enterprises, to receive a reduced registration fee over the course of the coming year. The fee structure for Tier III entities remains unchanged at this time. We anticipate that this temporary reduction in fees for Tier I, Tier II, and new registrants will save regulated industry over $20 million over the course of the coming year.

This temporary reduction in fees shall apply only through April 30, 2021, at which time fees for entities in Tiers I and II will return to the rates that were in effect on April 1, 2020 unless otherwise extended by a subsequent notice in the Federal Register.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy.