This is a federal bailout for failing universities who rip off kids by training them for jobs that do not exist. Allow students to discharge school debt in bankruptcy like every other kind of debt. Communist indoctrination centers go out of business and market forces pick the winners.
It is not it is a bailout for the universities as they don't loan you the money, I see it as
another "stick it" to the taxpaying workers.
Universities are not responsible for an "adults" bad choices in education.
Adults that think a BA degree in some social studies or arts field is going to pay much,
didn't do their homework.
Bankruptcy is out of the question. Normally you are loaned money based on collateral,
yours, a co-signers, or the tangible assets the loan guys are investing in. Many students
have no collateral what so ever.
Your future labor is not a collateral someone can sell to get some of their money back.
That is generally called Slavery and is illegal.
All my university education was at private universities. I was an older student, had a
wife, family, and a full time job. I had no problem challenging a Prof if they started to get
"political". I'd let them know I'm paying you to educate me, not indoctrinate me.
We can go talk to the dean and whoever if you have a problem with that. I can always
go to another school. Perhaps that is our failure as a society, is to not teach our kids that
you need to stand up to bullies, or get some help if you can't do it alone.