What am I grateful for (Read 1901 times)

Oyabunsan

What am I grateful for
« on: May 15, 2021, 01:17:10 AM »
What am I grateful for? I’ll type the first 10 that come to mind in that order:
Family and friends
Free things such as laughter, imagination, ideas and thoughts, feelings, emotions, etc
Health and to be alive and well
Wealth and opportunities
Freedom (to choose and to have) and being independent
Hope and faith
My mentors and those who have given me inspiration
My experiences, lessons, and times I shared with family/friends
My possessions and being the custodian of what I own
Music and good food

...

How about you? Can you list 10 now and add more later?

oldfart

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 05:34:36 AM »
I started to list my stuff but it looked exactly like your list.
Expounding on my list would be my grandfather who was a fiesty pioneer in old Hawaii.
A fiercely independent guy who mastered many skills and inspired me and my brother to pursue careers in technology.
He also inspired me to learn about firearms.
Through technology and guns, I've met and befriended many wonderful, talented and influential people.
Also....
My mom influenced me to learn how to cook delicious food, which in turn, influenced my daughter to pursue a career in culinary arts.
Funny how things just seem to fall into place, yeah?

I'm just giving credit to where credit is due.
What, Me Worry?

dogman

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 07:50:04 AM »
I thought today was Thanksgiving for a second.

ren

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2021, 09:04:17 AM »
I can run, walk, see, hear and use my limbs. I was hit by a car about a week ago - I was fortunate to roll out of the way of his front wheel. Dr thought I broke my hand - but real bad sprain. Reminder drivers, the bike lane (clearly marked with a bike logo) is on the right part of the lane.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 09:32:31 AM by ren »
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2021, 01:53:39 PM »
I can run, walk, see, hear and use my limbs. I was hit by a car about a week ago - I was fortunate to roll out of the way of his front wheel. Dr thought I broke my hand - but real bad sprain. Reminder drivers, the bike lane (clearly marked with a bike logo) is on the right part of the lane.

Glad you are ok.   :thumbsup:

My list:  (might be the same as some previously posted)

My wife
My children and grandchildren
My health (relatively speaking)
My career (now retired but enabled me to lead a simple but financially stable life)
My wife again because she is the reason we lead a financially stable life
My friends who I can count on only one hand but are true friends
My neighborhood filled with good people
My father whose character I proudly inherited
My first boss who showed faith in me
My first boss's assistant who was like a second father to me
My 2a rights which I enjoy but worry the asshat occupying the POTUS position might take it away
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

hvybarrels

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »
I am grateful that recent events demonstrated to me the value of the freedom that I used to take for granted.

Not the most pleasant experience but my connection with and respect for the Founding Fathers and Western Civilization has deepened in a way not possible during easy times.
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

aletheuo137

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 08:39:45 AM »
I am grateful that recent events demonstrated to me the value of the freedom that I used to take for granted.

Not the most pleasant experience but my connection with and respect for the Founding Fathers and Western Civilization has deepened in a way not possible during easy times.
Ditto to all the listings, can't think of anything else to add other than people on this forum who has helped to put out relevant information to current events.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

groveler

Re: What am I grateful for
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 01:41:09 PM »
What am I grateful for?
I'm not a bible thumper,
but
#1 Is God and Jesus.
#2 Is family.
#3 Is the America I grew up in( no longer exists).
#4 Is the strangers that thought they could teach me what they knew.
#5 The Technology that allows us all to share ideas.

That's it, I could add a few more, but I was always taught 5-7 is the maximum
most humans can remember.  That is why telephone numbers were 7 digits.
prior to Oct 2021.