What does this mean? (Read 2791 times)

oldfart

What does this mean?
« on: May 24, 2021, 08:36:33 AM »
Somebody translate this thing I got in the mail.
What, Me Worry?

Rocky

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 09:20:09 AM »
Bank not ready for commitment. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
“I ask you to judge me by the enemies I have made.”
                                                           Franklin D. Roosevelt

changemyoil66

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 09:40:43 AM »
Their commercial is very "local" about the needing a roll of quarters.  So I think they're trying to dumb it down to target their market.

I was in banking and our SOP was to give quarters to customers only because we had a limited supply.  It didn't matter if you had a commercial or personal and wanted 1 roll for laundry.  Like their commercial says, the guy had a personal account and wanted 1 roll but was denied because he didn't have a commercial account.  But often when we had plenty of supply, we just gave them to anyone who needed, no verification of account required.  But like anything, it depends on the teller. Some are by the book and others don't care.

For the commercial guys who wanted many rolls of coins/cash, you did need a commercial account because they had to place the order and were charged per roll.  We had a titty bar come in often on the weekends and would need $7,000 in 1's like clock work.

Flapp_Jackson

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 09:51:15 AM »
All of the animated CPB ads I've seen lately are so STUPID!

Not only are they in Pidgin, but the stories they tell are focused on things that most people don't use to pick a bank.

I usually see these ads on YouTube, so after the 5 seconds, I immediately skip them. 

Bunch of animals talking broken English?  If they want to attract locals here, they should give away things like rice cookers or gift cards for Costco, Amazon and Apple for new customers -- like banks have always done (free toasters, etc.).  Would probably be cheaper than the animation, voice-overs and broadcast costs of these ads.  Most companies can negotiate lower costs for these giveaway items when they buy in large quantities.

Just my 2 cents.  This took longer the write than the time I spend watching the ads they waste good money on!   :geekdanc:
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

QUIETShooter

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 10:26:11 AM »
Somebody translate this thing I got in the mail.

As soon as I read "fall in" it immediately brought me back to basic training and military service.  The drill or platoon sergeant would bark "FALL IN!!" and we would immediately go into formation, standing at attention in our respective squads.

As a platoon we are now in sync. and are one and the same.

So maybe CPB is saying "fall in" (get in sync. and be one and the same) with us because we have your best interests at heart.  ::)

Of course I can be 100% totally wrong and it wouldn't be the first time..... :rofl: :rofl:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

omnigun

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2021, 11:20:56 AM »
When the bank account isn't large enough to fall in love, but only fall in like.

oldfart

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2021, 12:13:49 PM »
When the bank account isn't large enough to fall in love, but only fall in like.
=========
I think you solved the puzzle.
They are using the word "like" instead of "love" in order to make it sound cute.
I wonder what kind of a--hole came up with THAT advertising idea.
I despise those tv commercials too.

CPB is my bank only because the people are nice and it's convenient.

What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2021, 12:20:11 PM »
=========
I think you solved the puzzle.
They are using the word "like" instead of "love" in order to make it sound cute.
I wonder what kind of a--hole came up with THAT advertising idea.
I despise those tv commercials too.

CPB is my bank only because the people are nice and it's convenient.

Personally, convenience is the number one thing I look for in a bank or credit union. 

Locations/number of branches, days & hours open, and free services (notary, certified bank checks, traveler's cheques, etc.) are the things I look for.  Nothing in the ads provide any real info -- just touchy-feely anecdotes designed to make people "want" to have a "relationship" with that bank.

Another thing -- they use negative stories about other unnamed banks to persuade customers to switch, but no mention of who the other banks are.  Not good. Saying "we're better" needs some kind of actual comparison.  Otherwise, it's an unsupported opinion. 
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

changemyoil66

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2021, 12:29:22 PM »
Personally, convenience is the number one thing I look for in a bank or credit union. 

Locations/number of branches, days & hours open, and free services (notary, certified bank checks, traveler's cheques, etc.) are the things I look for.  Nothing in the ads provide any real info -- just touchy-feely anecdotes designed to make people "want" to have a "relationship" with that bank.

Another thing -- they use negative stories about other unnamed banks to persuade customers to switch, but no mention of who the other banks are.  Not good. Saying "we're better" needs some kind of actual comparison.  Otherwise, it's an unsupported opinion.

Convenience is numero uno.  I've talked to many who switched due to that reason.  And a good amount due to a bad experience at their old bank.  But what they don't realize is many banks are the same so if the same situation happened at the new bank, the results would be very similar. But what ever makes them feel better, it's their money.  I

oldfart

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 12:34:38 PM »
Talking about convenience...
I used to work next to both a FHB and a BOH. (long time ago)
I couldn't stand either one because the lines were so long I could easily waste a half hour standing in line.

I changed to HONFED which was close to where I lived and less crowded.
What, Me Worry?

Flapp_Jackson

Re: What does this mean?
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2021, 01:36:20 PM »
Talking about convenience...
I used to work next to both a FHB and a BOH. (long time ago)
I couldn't stand either one because the lines were so long I could easily waste a half hour standing in line.

I changed to HONFED which was close to where I lived and less crowded.

I used First Hawaiian when I first moved to Mililani. During the divorce, it was recommended I switch banks so there's no possible way for her to access any of my accounts or information.  So, I moved to Hawaii USA Federal Credit Union across the street from FHB.  Never had any complaints with either.

HUSA updated their safe deposit box system so you can walk in without teller assistance.  They use a hand scanner to ID you, and the plexiglass door unlocks for you when you put in your access code and scan your hand.  Then, it's just one key needed to open the box.  Much faster and less complicated than waiting in line and having the teller get the bank's box key.

Anyway, HUSA also has reciprocating service agreements with several other banks and credit unions, so it's easy to find a branch that's nearby and open.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw