WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise? (Read 1485 times)

macsak

WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise?
« on: July 07, 2021, 08:05:59 PM »

ren

Re: WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2021, 08:02:45 AM »
don't know why locals are so against opening up our economy - most of them I talk to are local govt workers.
Deeds Not Words

RSN172

Re: WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2021, 08:54:57 AM »
They cried because never have tourists, now they cry because get (in their opinion) too much.  I glad they are back.  My daughter is a bar server at the Hilton Waikoloa and went from laid off to now averaging $400 a day in tips.
Happily living in Puna

macsak

Re: WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise?
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2021, 10:24:23 AM »
don't know why locals are so against opening up our economy - most of them I talk to are local govt workers.

IT?

changemyoil66

Re: WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2021, 11:51:43 AM »
don't know why locals are so against opening up our economy - most of them I talk to are local govt workers.

Because they are stupid and vote for the same type of politician too, then grumble.  Or move and continue to vote for the same party.

groveler

Re: WAIKIKI: "PANDEMIC" in Paradise?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2021, 11:56:37 AM »
They cried because never have tourists, now they cry because get (in their opinion) too much.  I glad they are back.  My daughter is a bar server at the Hilton Waikoloa and went from laid off to now averaging $400 a day in tips.
So you daughter is making over $100,000 a year in tips?
2080 hrs per year 8 hours per work day.
No bad, all you have to do is deal with tourists. :grrr: