2021 Gun show? (Read 8639 times)

ren

2021 Gun show?
« on: July 30, 2021, 09:09:33 PM »
Will it happen?
Deeds Not Words

jc2721

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 10:11:49 PM »
 The HHAA has been given the potential date in October but it all depends on the Blaisdell's decision to open up (or not).

aletheuo137

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2021, 11:32:02 AM »
The HHAA has been given the potential date in October but it all depends on the Blaisdell's decision to open up (or not).
We're on schedule to open for Hall & Oates, and EnVogue in November. I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

ren

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 07:10:41 PM »
the Blaisdell is in good financial shape http://www.hawaiifreepress.com/Articles-Main/ID/29147/Blaisdell-Center-awarded-Shuttered-Venue-Operators-Grant
maybe gun show at the Convention Center?
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 08:30:42 PM »
With big covid numbers every day, don't get your hopes up for 2021.
What, Me Worry?

ren

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2021, 08:34:18 PM »
With big covid numbers every day, don't get your hopes up for 2021.

but if you're vaxed ???
Deeds Not Words

oldfart

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 08:13:03 AM »
but if you're vaxed ???
==============
60% of the population is vaxed so 40% are not.
That means 40% less people at the show.
Then there are the vendor problems. If the supply chain is slow, then many vendors won't have any product to sell.
Suppose the show is scheduled to run and tables are reserved and paid for and products are shipped in.
The city could decide to cancel at any time if the covid count jumps.
That would be bad.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2021, 11:30:22 AM »
==============
60% of the population is vaxed so 40% are not.
That means 40% less people at the show.
Then there are the vendor problems. If the supply chain is slow, then many vendors won't have any product to sell.
Suppose the show is scheduled to run and tables are reserved and paid for and products are shipped in.
The city could decide to cancel at any time if the covid count jumps.
That would be bad.

A gun show that requires proof of vaxx will not look good. Well, HI already looks bad to many, but it won't help. Regardless even if it's the venue's rules.

Mrs.CMO went to a gunshow in TX last year. I can't remember which city because she went to multiple trips there. was between Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, or Austin. Line was out the door, around the corner and over 90% no mask.  At the time, 9mm 115gr range ammo was going for $1/rd.  She ended up picking up some purple AR parts like charging handle, dust cover, and safety.

drck1000

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2021, 12:09:52 PM »
The gun show was always about getting out and seeing folks, as opposed to having great deals.  I would take my dad to as many as I could.  He'd maybe buy a knife or other milsurp stuff here and there.  But it was usually just about hanging with him, seeing shooting buddies, etc.  Miss all of that. . .  :(

changemyoil66

oldfart

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2021, 06:56:39 AM »
The official decision to cancel the October 2021 Gun Show was announced.
What, Me Worry?

omnigun

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2021, 08:14:45 AM »
See everyone in 2022...hopefully

aletheuo137

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2021, 06:49:14 AM »
Blaisdell is supposed to be open as of November 1st. Will keep you posted

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

drck1000

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2021, 06:59:49 AM »
Blaisdell is supposed to be open as of November 1st. Will keep you posted

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
They've been gearing up for events for Nov-Jan for a while, even back before and through the surge.  I thought it was strange at the time. . . no, don't have tinfoil from CMO. . .

oldfart

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2021, 07:59:33 AM »
The way things are going, most likely March 2022 will be next.
Hopefully by that time, shipping and supply issues will be resolved unless creepy Joe sticks his finger in the pudding.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2021, 09:19:20 AM »
They've been gearing up for events for Nov-Jan for a while, even back before and through the surge.  I thought it was strange at the time. . . no, don't have tinfoil from CMO. . .

I bought up the local supply and will have a booth selling hats.   :rofl:

oldfart

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2021, 09:22:47 AM »
I bought up the local supply and will have a booth selling hats.   :rofl:
==========
I don't wear hats, sorry.
They make you go bald. I like having hair.
What, Me Worry?

changemyoil66

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2021, 09:50:23 AM »
1 issue I can see, which I'm sure you guys already thought about is if there is a proclamation that limits or cancels events, will there be a refund if the show is cancelled?  I have a friend who postponed her wedding twice already. And the venue offers no refunds.  Just move the date. At this point, she is over it and just got married on paper at the DOH.

But also any vendors who bring in ammo would also sort of be screwed. But ammo would fly off the shelves if priced right, so maybe this wouldn't be too much of an issue.

QUIETShooter

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2021, 11:46:05 AM »
I like go gun show.

Befo time I was working so I idda working or too tired to go gun show.

I retired now.

I like go gun show.

Hurry up gun show.

I like look gun and buy ammo.
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

stangzilla

Re: 2021 Gun show?
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2021, 02:53:31 PM »
The way things are going, most likely March 2022 will be next.
Hopefully by that time, shipping and supply issues will be resolved unless creepy Joe sticks his finger in the pudding.

give Beijing biden a Bill Cosby jello pudding pop fudgsicle where it counts   :geekdanc: