Why ban surf contests? (Read 1644 times)

hvybarrels

Why ban surf contests?
« on: October 05, 2021, 11:09:53 PM »
https://www.kitv.com/story/44897601/hawaii-surfing-community-say-sport-is-being-sidelined-by-covid19-mandates

Maybe it has something to do with surfers being less likely to support the aims of Control Leftists in these parts.

On the North Shore they have given a stiff middle finger to the power grab since this thing started, and anti government pro conspiracy sentiments runs pretty thick in some circles.

Since many decline to vax and opt for a healthy lifestyle instead, openly flaunting mask mandates and social distancing while refusing to conveniently die off like they are supposed to, this might be the only way to punish them for not following "the science".
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

RSN172

Re: Why ban surf contests?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 10:30:51 PM »
I don’t surf, but have a good friend that does and he has about 10 boards, is anti gun and a Democrat.  I told him I was going to suggest to our legislators that they should make surfboards pay a registration fee and if caught without a number like they put on boats, the board would be confiscated and you pay double the fee to get it back.  You know, to help pay for rail.  He didn’t think if was funny.
Happily living in Puna

hvybarrels

Re: Why ban surf contests?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 11:42:58 PM »
I don’t surf, but have a good friend that does and he has about 10 boards, is anti gun and a Democrat.  I told him I was going to suggest to our legislators that they should make surfboards pay a registration fee and if caught without a number like they put on boats, the board would be confiscated and you pay double the fee to get it back.  You know, to help pay for rail.  He didn’t think if was funny.

That's a good one. I may have to borrow it
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn