I have this theory that a lot of anti gun activists are projecting their own deep insecurity about not being responsible enough to handle a weapon on to society at large.
[snip]
I agree with the theory, however ...
In this case, the deceased grew up shooting guns. His father was a hunter, an NRA member (which isn't really a factor), and owned a gun store.
He was well aware of how to use guns and what the laws were for purchasing. Admittedly, assuming someone who opposes guns has no clue about them will usually be true,
In the last paragraph of the story, they do reveal a fact they didn't highlight, even though it usually gets prominent space in the headline: he was Gay.
Members of the LGBTQ community, especially those very active in advocating for more and more rights, have a high percentage of depression and suicide. The addictions may have been a symptom, and the depression a result in part of his feelings of being outside the mainstream society.
Who knows? The one fact I find glaringly omitted is what he used to commit suicide? He committed suicide while in PRISON. I thought prisons took extraordinary measures to make sure prisoners can't go unmonitored? In the back of my mind, I'm hearing this voice saying, "Remember Jeffrey Epstein?" Probably due to Glaze being a Democrat insider who might represent an embarrassment (or liability) to the powers that be.
