Yellen ties end of inflation with 'successful' response to COVID pandemic WHAT? (Read 804 times)

Inspector

 :stopjack:Yellen ties end of inflation with 'successful' response to COVID pandemic

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/yellen-ties-end-of-inflation-with-successful-response-to-covid

“ Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen on Sunday claimed that the end of inflation will depend on the pandemic and whether there is a "successful" response to COVID-19 by the Biden administration.”


I posted this as a new thread because of what I perceive as an outrageous claim by Yellen. I also quoted the first sentence of the article. So am I wrong here? Is she saying there has not been a successful response to the COVID-19 pandemic by the Biden administration? Yet? Ever?  :rofl:  It amazes me how the Dems try and do damage control about the rampant out of control inflation and Yellen is trying to cover her own ass over the rampant out of control inflation and end up saying the Biden administration is not doing their job.


Then she goes on to say:
In a pre-taped interview with CBS’s "Face the Nation" that aired on Sunday, Yellen was asked whether she is confident that the inflation rate will be back to normal levels by next November, prompting her to say the "pandemic has been calling the shots for the economy and for inflation."

Did I read that right? The pandemic has been calling the shots for the economy and inflation? So is she saying we have no control over our economy and inflation? A virus does? Isn’t it a more accurate statement to say that our reaction and actions we took during the pandemic is calling the shots for the economy and inflation? I can’t believe that Yellen of all people is lying about how much control a virus has over our economy. The virus has zero control over our economy. It is the people in our government that make the decisions on how to react and act towards the virus that has determined how our economy and inflation are working. And with that correct statement the inverse is also correct if I said our government has the power to rein in inflation and our economy by their actions and reactions to the virus. These ludicrous statements being made here make it sound like they are a bunch of pussies who don’t know what they are doing. Am I wrong here?

Also, she moved the goalposts again by saying inflation won’t be under control until at least next November. So instead of just a couple of months of inflation, then a few months, then inflation is transitory, now she is saying at least another year of rampant out of control inflation?

These people hate you. They hate me. They have the power and the tools to rein in this rampant out of control inflation and they refuse to do so. Even MSNBC said last night that you can afford to pay higher prices. That is how they view us. Thanks to whoever voted for Biden or didn’t vote for Trump in the last election. You not only screwed everyone here you screwed yourself.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 03:52:11 AM by Inspector »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

changemyoil66

1 man kept our economy going during covid. New guy took over and everything fell apart.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

drck1000

I was thinking the opposite angle/spin, at least locally.  Where some folks, like #drgreen would say "now that COVID is under control (behind us), through efforts that I led, my focus is now on improving the Hawaii economy".  ::)

Any one wanna bet?