Think about this... (Read 5162 times)

drck1000

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2021, 10:28:02 AM »
Eh so all dis pilikia yoa fault. ;D
I didn't get paid enough for it to be my fault. . .  ;D

changemyoil66

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2021, 10:30:10 AM »
As the person who's under 40 as requested, I'll keep tabs of this for you older guys.  ETA is that I'll probably be in my 60's close to retirement when this is completed.

aieahound

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2021, 10:41:05 AM »
Some of us still remember the Termite Palace.

Sucks being a State with no legitimate stadium though.

RSN172

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2021, 10:47:53 AM »
Some of us still remember the Termite Palace.

Sucks being a State with no legitimate stadium though.

I went there twice. Once to watch Hawaii Islander baseball and the once to watch a high school football game.
Happily living in Puna

RSN172

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2021, 10:50:10 AM »
As the person who's under 40 as requested, I'll keep tabs of this for you older guys.  ETA is that I'll probably be in my 60's close to retirement when this is completed.
No need. Us older guys who already collecting SSA payments going be dead by then, but thanks for the offer.
Happily living in Puna

groveler

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2021, 11:08:47 AM »
Some of us still remember the Termite Palace.

Sucks being a State with no legitimate stadium though.
That brings this to mind;
"Are not you entertained?"  "Is this not why you are here?"

Don't get me wrong I have and still suffer scars from sports.
But public funded non-school stadiums rub me wrong.
it reeks too much of Rome, Berlin, and Pagan rituals.
 :worship:
NOT!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »
I've been to the stadium twice for high school graduations.  So, I've never paid "directly" out of pocket for any tickets to any events.

The most I've been there was for the Swap Meet and the 50th State Fair.  Been years (decades?) since I've been to either.

For it to take up that much space, I would expect there to be something happening there 3-6 days per week to justify the size and expense of such a facility.  Not even close.  I worked almost next door to the stadium at HQ COMPACFLT.  I worked all hours of the day and on many weekends.  The stadium was severely underutilized.

I don't see how a new stadium will change that.  It's too expensive to operate for small-ish groups.  I think someone prints up a poster "If we build it, they will come," as their sales pitch, and our stupid politicians believe it.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

drck1000

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
Whoever was the original stadium arch/designer should be slapped.  He was told weathering steel (rust to a point where it is a "'protective layer") won't work in Hawaii.  He believed he knew better than Hawaii folks, talked a good talk, and the rest is the rust bucket we have today. . .

RSN172

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2021, 04:30:25 PM »
I've been to the stadium twice for high school graduations.  So, I've never paid "directly" out of pocket for any tickets to any events.

The most I've been there was for the Swap Meet and the 50th State Fair.  Been years (decades?) since I've been to either.

For it to take up that much space, I would expect there to be something happening there 3-6 days per week to justify the size and expense of such a facility.  Not even close.  I worked almost next door to the stadium at HQ COMPACFLT.  I worked all hours of the day and on many weekends.  The stadium was severely underutilized.

I don't see how a new stadium will change that.  It's too expensive to operate for small-ish groups.  I think someone prints up a poster "If we build it, they will come," as their sales pitch, and our stupid politicians believe it.
The new stadium will be a 30k seat facility with hotels and a shopping mall, restaurants and movie theaters.   That is their 20 year plan.  Can't see why it would take more than 5 years to build.  Oh I forgot, in Hawaii you have to allot time for protest group delays and studies on the best way to proceed with each phase.
Happily living in Puna

ren

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2021, 04:35:03 PM »
The new stadium will be a 30k seat facility with hotels and a shopping mall, restaurants and movie theaters.   That is their 20 year plan.  Can't see why it would take more than 5 years to build.  Oh I forgot, in Hawaii you have to allot time for protest group delays and studies on the best way to proceed with each phase.

Gives politicians, devs, and the like to plot, plan and steal from the local tax payer. Endless studies of anything and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some kind of SJW themed study i.e. where to put gender neutral facilities to best serve the handicapped gender neutral population. Design a space where those won't get triggered. etc.
Deeds Not Words

QUIETShooter

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2021, 07:08:00 PM »
Gives politicians, devs, and the like to plot, plan and steal from the local tax payer. Endless studies of anything and everything. I wouldn't be surprised if they have some kind of SJW themed study i.e. where to put gender neutral facilities to best serve the handicapped gender neutral population. Design a space where those won't get triggered. etc.


The new stadium will be a 30k seat facility with hotels and a shopping mall, restaurants and movie theaters.   That is their 20 year plan.  Can't see why it would take more than 5 years to build.  Oh I forgot, in Hawaii you have to allot time for protest group delays and studies on the best way to proceed with each phase.

Yep.  So add another 20 years or so on top of that. :rofl: :rofl:
Sometimes you gotta know when to save your bullets.

Kalikikopa

Re: Think about this...
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2021, 03:52:47 PM »
  That is their 20 year plan.  Can't see why it would take more than 5 years to build. 
To grease the palm of every hand that is out takes a LLLLOOONNNGGGGGG time.