Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020 (Read 1768 times)

Inspector

Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« on: December 03, 2021, 01:36:14 AM »
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 11:21:09 AM »
They're considering changing the name from Black Friday to Glock Friday!   O0 :geekdanc: :thumbsup:

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

hvybarrels

Re: Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 12:28:57 PM »
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Inspector

Re: Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2021, 12:52:18 PM »
One company is not sharing in the glory

https://investorplace.com/2021/12/swbi-stock-why-smith-wesson-shares-are-getting-gunned-down-today/
I don’t invest in firearms companies but I am really surprised at the misses. I wonder if they are losing market share to Sig and Ruger? Right now Sig and Ruger have some hot market leaders. Sig with the micro 9’s and Ruger with the pocket guns. Also, Springfield Armory seems to have some very popular firearms at the moment. I guess we should wait to see how Ruger’s sales are.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

Flapp_Jackson

Re: Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 01:15:51 PM »
I don’t invest in firearms companies but I am really surprised at the misses. I wonder if they are losing market share to Sig and Ruger? Right now Sig and Ruger have some hot market leaders. Sig with the micro 9’s and Ruger with the pocket guns. Also, Springfield Armory seems to have some very popular firearms at the moment. I guess we should wait to see how Ruger’s sales are.

The M&P Shield Plus and the M&P M2.0 lines are IMO the most popular CCW offerings from S&W.  They don't seem to be developing much of a variety.  Everything is a variation of those two main models with a few 1911s and rimfire models tossed in.

I think S&W is so closely associated with revolvers, it's difficult for them to be the first thing people think of when looking at semi-auto pistols.  Their website shows pages and pages of revolvers, but their pistols take up a fraction of that space.

I wonder if the stats we see on first time buyers included non-FFL sales -- i.e. second hand.  If not, then the stats may be magnitudes lower than reality.  If they are purely based on the NICS background check numbers, then the real numbers could be twice as large, if not more.  As low as inventory was last year, secondary markets may have been the only place people looking to buy could find what they wanted.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world;
the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Inspector

Re: Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 01:27:00 PM »
The M&P Shield Plus and the M&P M2.0 lines are IMO the most popular CCW offerings from S&W.  They don't seem to be developing much of a variety.  Everything is a variation of those two main models with a few 1911s and rimfire models tossed in.

I think S&W is so closely associated with revolvers, it's difficult for them to be the first thing people think of when looking at semi-auto pistols.  Their website shows pages and pages of revolvers, but their pistols take up a fraction of that space.

I wonder if the stats we see on first time buyers included non-FFL sales -- i.e. second hand.  If not, then the stats may be magnitudes lower than reality.  If they are purely based on the NICS background check numbers, then the real numbers could be twice as large, if not more.  As low as inventory was last year, secondary markets may have been the only place people looking to buy could find what they wanted.
My nephew purchased a shield from the Performance Center and it didn’t work correctly from day one. So not only is the QC on his pistol crap, it was crap from their Performance Center. It only ignited 3-4 rounds out of every 5. He had to send it back to the factory to be repaired. That didn’t bode well for him. He went right out and bought a used Sig P365 and has not had an issue since. I think he is a Sig Fanboy now.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

Re: Black Friday Gun Sales Top Even 2020
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 01:36:58 PM »
I had a shield. Traded for a .38 bodyguard revolver. Both S&W though.
Technically didn’t want that. Wanted a (hate to admit it it.) Ruger LCR but no one else wanted to trade and I knew the guy I was trading with (MMM for those of you who remember older user names)
Bodyguard is surprisingly soft shooting for a pocket gun.

The .22 M&P is enjoyable. Reasonably accurate and reliable.

Sig is on a roll.