Oh please, what a blatant strawman. Clearly I am talking about tactics and strategy, not ideologies yet you reply to me as if I am equating these protests. How dishonest of you.
You're talking academic hypothetical BS again?
I thought you were comparing actual, real world events -- BLM riots versus Canadian Trucker protests.
My mistake. I thought for once you were being honest instead of obtuse and argumentative.
The "logic" is that the organizers can't control what their attendees do. The reality is that the injuries and destruction of one group's events were much worse than the other, so trying to make the point that the two needed to control their attendees is ridiculous and dishonest.
The truckers did not need to be controlled like out-of-control adolescents. BLM -- the exact opposite. You seem to believe some group of organizers is responsible for public safety during protests. I believe the government and law enforcement already have that job. In these two cases, the police in Canada went off the rails to stop the protests. In the US, the DAs, Cops and media supported the riots and let BLM rioters get away with much worse.
If you want to toss around blame, it's not on the organizers.
Ok, so for the truckers your logic is that they cannot help what other people who attend decide to do. I don't recall you applying such logic when people at BLM gatherings started rioting and burning down the city.
But you are still sidestepping the issue by focusing on how much can be controlled. Whether the crowd can be controlled or not is not that relevant to the question of whether it alienates people who would otherwise support you. This isn't a hypothetical point, people are/were getting pissed off at the truckers. I don't know why you can't admit that the methods employed at a political gathering could end up being counter productive. If you had a gun rights rally at the capitol and someone shows up with a Nazi flag are you just gonna say "can't control who shows up" and refuse to admit it stands to hurt your rally?
This doesn't have to be an all or nothing type of issue, just because you support the truckers grievance doesn't mean you have to defend every tactical and strategic choice they make in their methods of protest. If you are so defensive of this method of protest why not do the same for firearm rights? The state is restricting our rights, how about you block the road in front of the capitol during rush hour?
LOL! You don't see any difference between the PROTESTS of the truckers and the RIOTING of BLM?
That says so much about your "logic."