Poll

Should the Navy drain the Red Hill fuel tanks?

Yes. Permanently.
64.3%
No. Essential to Pearl Harbor and Hickman
35.7%
Total Members Voted
14

Navy Polluting water supply (Read 18905 times)

macsak

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2022, 10:59:46 AM »
Cool!

But where do people get the notion that I was referring to every single person on this forum.  That's a pretty big presumption without directly discussing that openly but resorting to vicious emotional personal attacks.

inaction is action
that's a blanket statement...

Kuleana

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2022, 11:02:20 AM »
inaction is action
that's a blanket statement...
It is blanket rhetorical statement.

However, if your interpretation is whether I referred it to all forum members, that is not true.

ren

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2022, 11:07:04 AM »
Cool!

But where do people get the notion that I was referring to every single person on this forum.  That's a pretty big presumption without directly discussing that openly but resorting to vicious emotional personal attacks.

You are the emperor of imperialistic insults and attacks.
Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2022, 11:13:20 AM »
You are the king/queen of imperialistic insults and attacks.
Guilty as charged, as I am a lover of the republic form of government that does not exist in America anymore.  Just look at what happened to Trump.  For all his faults, he was not an imperialist and wanted to MAGA, which meant neo-isolationism.  This direction goes against the imperial nature America has become and, hence, the peoples' selection of President was overthrown by the ultrawealthy and Power Okole.

hvybarrels

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2022, 12:46:21 PM »
I think there should be more farms.

Here here
“A Communist system can be recognized by the fact that it spares the criminals and criminalizes the political opponent.”   -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Inspector

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2022, 12:46:44 PM »
I’ll drop into this “Conversation”. As you all know I no longer live in Hawaii so this issue does not effect me in any way except I have concern for all of you as I consider you all my friends.

I’m not going to speak to this particular issue yet. But try and paint a bigger picture with a broader brush. Some of you may recall my stating that there is an overall drought problem on Oahu. In other words during certain times of the year and/or for a year or more there has been a drought problem. I remember the drought being so bad at times when I lived there that we were asked not to water our gardens, wash our cars  and restaurants routinely did not provide water as part of their service. One had to specifically ask for water. The UHWO has not been able to be open on a few occasions due to not having enough water in their tank to last for a day. I believe the grand opening was pushed back a day or more due to the same reason if my memory is correct. Considering the amount of housing they are adding out that way I suspect there will be more and more drought issues as the years go on. I don’t know about you guys but this scared the hell out of me. I realize that there are probably emergency solutions for temporary supplies of water. That won’t stop the panic if people are told not to turn on their taps because there is not enough water. If there is not enough water to begin with, then you guys have a bigger problem than just the Red Hill tanks that provide 20% of the water for the island.

According to this website you all had a drought situation up until December.

https://www.weather.gov/hfo/DGT

Now let’s add your Red Hill system situation back into the fact that Hawaii goes through times of drought. I read that the Red Hill system supplies around 20% of the water for the island. If 20% of the island’s water is shut down, it will put a strain on the rest of the system and a drought situation could come much sooner and last much longer than you would normally see when you have the Red Hill supply. I also read that it effects up to 100k residents. And that some residents may be displaced for 6-8 weeks while the Navy works on the tanks. The article didn’t explain exactly what displaced meant. I also read that Schatz informed the WH over this situation but the WH has not commented on it.

I understand that the water contamination is on the forefront of the news and is effecting a lot of people adversely. But it doesn’t solve your bigger problem IMHO.
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

bass monkey

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2022, 01:18:48 PM »
It shows me that 13 people voted.
That's pretty much all the active members that regularly post,  excluding the classifieds.

macsak

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2022, 01:22:32 PM »
It shows me that 13 people voted.
That's pretty much all the active members that regularly post,  excluding the classifieds.

inaction is action...

Inspector

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2022, 01:26:52 PM »
inaction is action...
Does this mean I have taken some action since I didn’t vote?
SCIENCE THAT CAN’T BE QUESTIONED IS PROPAGANDA!!!

aieahound

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2022, 03:30:34 PM »
I didn’t even vote because I failed to get my vote answer in there.
If they’re truly not reparable they should be shut down.
But linings are a wonderful thing and we need the fuel to keep operations running.

That prior comment was pretty good though.
What survivalist would put their fuel supply in the ground above their well ?

ren

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2022, 05:17:58 PM »
We have countless gas stations across the state with their fuel storage tanks underground and above aquifiers as well.
Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2022, 06:35:28 PM »
If they’re truly not reparable they should be shut down.
Exactly, the US imperial navy has looked into the possibility of repair, but found that it is not possible given the lack of effective technology and specific circumstances at Red Hill.  Hence, the only two possible choices are to (1) shut the tanks down or (2) wait for a catastrophic failure of the fuel tanks, which there has been recent established proof of both water and soil contamination in the immediate area.  We can only speculate the true scale of the currently discovered fuel leak(s) and not know whether the other tanks have already been compromised, until a true environmental impact assessment is made.



That prior comment was pretty good though.
What survivalist would put their fuel supply in the ground above their well?
Again, a real no-brainer.  Ask our resident survivalist/prepper Groveler and I am confident he himself would do no such thing.

Kuleana

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2022, 06:47:47 PM »
We have countless gas stations across the state with their fuel storage tanks underground and above aquifiers as well.
There are 20 fuel storage tanks at Red Hill.  Each of the 20 tanks at Red Hill measures 100 feet in diameter and is 250 feet in height.  If there is a fuel leak at any gas station, those fuel storage tanks can be reached, repaired, and/or removed, if necessary, in a reasonable amount of time with some localized contamination.  Those tanks at Red Hill are massive and if there is catastrophic failure, it's basically game over for the aquifer underneath and both the BWS as well as the US imperial navy know it.

ren

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2022, 07:00:36 PM »
so what next?
Deeds Not Words

Kuleana

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2022, 07:14:19 PM »
so what next?
Bring in oil tankers to temporarily store and move them to some other location for future US imperial military use. 

Or sell the fuel to local commercial gas companies at a discount, in order to help alleviate local inflation by increasing Hawaii's supply of gasoline with lower prices.

macsak

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2022, 07:39:17 PM »
Bring in oil tankers to temporarily store and move them to some other location for future US imperial military use. 

Or sell the fuel to local commercial gas companies at a discount, in order to help alleviate local inflation by increasing Hawaii's supply of gasoline with lower prices.

you've been following this issue "for years a very long time", and you think it's gasoline?

edited because no focus
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 08:03:00 PM by macsak »

ren

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2022, 07:40:57 PM »
Can we convert JP8 to consumer gasoline?
Deeds Not Words

drck1000

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2022, 07:46:49 PM »
you've been following this issue "for years", and you think it's gasoline?
No wonder there have been so many thefts of catalytic converters recently…

drck1000

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2022, 07:48:18 PM »
Can we convert JP8 to consumer gasoline?
Could try in a 6.7 L Cummins

SawXIV

Re: Navy Polluting water supply
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2022, 08:05:50 PM »
Can we convert JP8 to consumer gasoline?

Unless there's more fuel being added, it seems much of it could be removed through consumption.

I read JP8 and commercial jet fuel is the same except for some ice and corrosion inhibitors in JP8.

Where does HNL get all their fuel?